73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Okay It's been 24 hours and I've been anxious to touch the panels and it was worth the wait, this stuff feels like no other Clear coat I've came across....it actually feels like a soft rubbery coating, Im not going to test the anti-scratch part of thier claim. It has the look I was looking for and once assembled should resemble a factory type dash that most people probally wont be able to tell that it didn't come that way. Hopefully friday I'll get to fully assemble it and use my good camera to get better pics.

Attachments

• duster 017.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 740
  • duster 030.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 704
  • duster 028.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 697
  • duster 024.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 718
  • duster 022.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 735
  • duster 019.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 770
Nice!

BTW....Not just 100 pages but 100 High Quality pages.

Thanks John,
I think when the car finally comes back from Paint I might start a new thread, like Denny did....I'm sure most people didn't know Denny(and you) started the Duster Build progress in another thread. Maybe I'll do something like " Project Wicked Twister, The final assembly".

Thanks John,
I think when the car finally comes back from Paint I might start a new thread, like Denny did....I'm sure most people didn't know Denny(and you) started the Duster Build progress in another thread. Maybe I'll do something like " Project Wicked Twister, The final assembly".

looking really up town! Good idea about the new thread!

Ross, you could just bring that dash to the tent at the Nats! Looks great.

I will be bringing the 70' Dart, my Dad, Food and Rum !!!!! Sorry no room for the Dash, gotta bring Denny the old style "Slammer" K frame too....

Ross,

You make me want to pull out my dash and repaint it. Luckily my dash is wired and bolted down otherwise I am sure I would get right on it.

I mean other than the 10+ hours I worked on electrical to get the dash in.

Yours looks great though, was that the center console that you pictured as well?

Was a little unsure when I saw the raw aluminium, but now that I see it in semi-gloss black I gotta say, it looks spectacular.

Normally I'm a stock dash kind of guy, but with the semi gloss panel, black on orange/red gauges it looks very clean and not too modern. Very, very nice.

Keep up the posts, your cars coming along great.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Ross,

You make me want to pull out my dash and repaint it. Luckily my dash is wired and bolted down otherwise I am sure I would get right on it.

I mean other than the 10+ hours I worked on electrical to get the dash in.

Yours looks great though, was that the center console that you pictured as well?

Hopefully the dash stand will make the wiring process alot simpler, my goal is to have everything prewired (at least the dash part) before it's installed, I hate trying to wire crap upside down like I had to do with the 70' Dart.
Yes that is the Fiberglass Center Console, the plate that will cover the shifter isn't painted yet until I get my shifter boot and Bezel figured out and cut to fit.

Was a little unsure when I saw the raw aluminium, but now that I see it in semi-gloss black I gotta say, it looks spectacular.

Normally I'm a stock dash kind of guy, but with the semi gloss panel, black on orange/red gauges it looks very clean and not too modern. Very, very nice.

Keep up the posts, your cars coming along great.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Joe,
Thanks....I like to try to conceal alot of my Modifications so they look like they could have come from the Factory that way. Like the door handles, marker lights, inner fenders, fresh air cowl, fuel door...ect,ect, ect.

Obviously The Motor will be a different story, more of a "look at me" type of modification !!!!!!

I love that stand. Any chance your going to sell it afterwards? I'm not in a rush but I'd love to have it do I can work on my dash.

Pm me if your interested....

Riddler

Hey Ross,

The dash is freakin awesome. What type of hardware did you use to mount it to the dash? Pen nuts? Sheet metal screws? Just curious.

Thanks

Hey Ross,

The dash is freakin awesome. What type of hardware did you use to mount it to the dash? Pen nuts? Sheet metal screws? Just curious.

Thanks

Thanks for the Compliment...I used floating nut plates in the dash frame and Black Oxide Flat Socket Cap screws counter sunk into the gauge panel that holds the two pieces together.

0068296-23.jpg

I keep coming back to check on updates and keep having to scroll past the dash pictures. Man I like that dash.

One of the things I dislike about the stock dash (besides it's lack of instrumentation) is how "unbalanced" it looks, too much to the left, feels off.

You nailed it, great improvement!

Back to...:lurk:

Are you guys towing, driving or following the Dart?

Towing, havent figured out where were going to park Friday A.M, were leaving here about 4:30 to be there bright and early...I tried talking Dad into going Thursday night, but he's not too sure of that.

I spent a little time putting things back together tonight after work.......after looking at the pictures it looks like I have to adjust the glove box door a little more, tomorrow I'll add the billet push button switches. I have a idea I'm working on to add something to all that Black, just a splash of red stregically placed but I think it will really stand out.

Attachments

• duster 018.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 613
  • duster 022.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 609
  • duster 023.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 615
  • duster 025.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 594
  • duster 026.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 609
do you have a pic of a floating nut plate thx

The nice thing is that the "Floating" nut will move around inside it's cage and give you some free play if your holes don't perfectly line up. The two non threaded holes are for rivets that hold them to the panel you want to attach the nut plate to.

Where can you buy those floating nut plates. I have no use for them right now, but can see them as being useful in the future.

It's pics and information like this that makes this a great website. Thanks.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Where can you buy those floating nut plates. I have no use for them right now, but can see them as being useful in the future.

It's pics and information like this that makes this a great website. Thanks.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

There usually used in the Aerospace industry but there are several sources online that sell them...just search for "floating nut plates".

-
Back