73 dart 340 need help

-
Reaction score
Hi
I just bought a 73 dart sport 340 1/2 done. numbers matching car from calif. block was rebuilt at machine shop and the guy ran out of money and sold the project to me. Motor bored to .030 and a 290 mopar purple cam in it. I have the heads but have not been worked on yet. I think I want to just put a set of edlebrock alminum heads on and ?? not sure what to do for intake and carb..ignitiion fuel pump ect I want to do it right and get the most punch a 340 can give.. is there a place to see what way to go..

thanks
Gene

welcome to fabo! and people here will have the know-how, to show you what will be the best bang for your buck, do you have pictures of it?

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it purple now was originally green. The heads will be 75-76 360 pieces. Had a Torker intake IIRC.

Had the cool scoop on it!

yes that is the car, if heads are not 340 heads? what about the block, seller said was # matching car all the way. are the 360 heads good to have? as long as I can get runnung for this summer I will redo body ect during the winter months.. My 19 yr old daughter and I are making this a project car

The heads will work fine. Just not the originals that would come on the car. They probably have smog holes which you'd need to plug. No biggie.

If that's the engine in the car, it's a 340.

-
Back