73 Duster build named Fred

-
Round 1 of Car Club Challenge. Got an exhaust leak at the header flange right as I got pulled up.

IMG_2900.png
IMG_2901.png

Last edited:
Got knocked out in pro, won round 1 in Car Club. Took out a bitchin Camaro. Can’t see it in the video because well, he was behind me the whole time and he had a .05 handicap…. lol

IMG_2909.png

Is your regulator pressure moving around still ?
Yeah, it is odd. It’s at 3psi, I adjust it to 5.5, make a pass and it goes to 10+ so I adjust it back down to 5.5 and it holds so I make a pass and it’s 2-3 psi again. It’s constantly moving in the same direction that I adjust it as well. I’m going to replace the diaphragm in the regulator and replace the gauge before next time out. Voltage to the pump is solid and the filters are clean so I think I’m on the right track.

Last edited:
Yeah, it is odd. It’s at 3psi, I adjust it to 5.5, make a pass and it goes to 10+ so I adjust it back down to 5.5 and it holds so I make a pass and it’s 2-3 psi again. It’s constantly moving in the same direction that I adjust it as well. I’m going to replace the diaphragm in the regulator and replace the gauge before next time out. Voltage to the pump is solid and the filters are clean so I think I’m on the right track.
What kind of gauge are you using?

Weird

Is your regulator pressure moving around still ?

I’ve had this happen to me, but only with those cheap assed Holley regulators.

A cheap Russell liquid filled. I’ll be replacing it with something better. Also might install one on the cowl so I can see it from the drivers seat
That's basically what I was leaning towards. I had similar issues years ago. At one point I even had my brother setting the fuel pressure while there were only two cars ahead of me in the lanes because it was always changing. After that I put one one the cowl the comes off the fuel line at the carb.

I haven’t watched a fuel pressure gauge in years. Now it’s on my RacePak dash and honestly I couldn’t watch it if I wanted to. But I will feel or hear an issue and I’m half deaf. 3/4 of those cheap azz gauges I wouldn’t trust anyway but I did use to drill my gauges to drain them.

I have had nothing but trouble with liquid filled gauges through the years, I won't use them. The Holley regulators that come with the Blue pumps need about 7# to hold through a run , use a better regulator. My experience anyway.

You may have already been on this line of thinking, but electric sending unit types will keep you from running a fuel line to the gauge…can even put the gauge in the car with you. Pick one with your intended pressure range to be able to read it better.

Gauges - Fuel pressure Gauge Type - Electrical Sending Unit - Free Shipping on Orders Over $109 at Summit Racing
I am useing a Auromotive electic fuel pressure guage that I bought used a few years ago. It works great.

Screenshot_20240512_124534_Photos.jpg

I have had nothing but trouble with liquid filled gauges through the years, I won't use them. The Holley regulators that come with the Blue pumps need about 7# to hold through a run , use a better regulator. My experience anyway.
I’m not using a Holley regulator. This is the regulator that came with a complete Edelbrock/Russell fuel system that I have.

Edelbrock 174133 Edelbrock Fuel Pressure Regulators | Summit Racing

This is similar to the system I got which is no longer available.

https://www.russellperformance.com/...60-gph-12-psi-black-silver-finish-641523.html

It's good to have liquid filled gauges because if you're stuck on a dessert island you have something to drink and you can keep dragging Ford's and Chevy's

-
Back