73 Duster

-

fadingfastsd

Reaction score
Well last weekend I traded my 64 Barracuda to another FABO member (ajones19802) for his 73 Duster.
You can see his thread on the Cuda here:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=63221

It's a very nice Duster, orange with black 340 stripes.
Black interior, with BMW bucket seats and a wood console.

It has a good condition 225 slant 6 in it, auto trans.

I have a 70 mile/day commute, and the plan is to make this thing my 100% reliable daily driver.

Need to get a new set of tires on her right away.
Trying to find a cool set of 14" small bolt pattern rims, and to go up quite a bit on tire size.

Brakes are making some interesting noises when stopping, going to pull em apart pretty soon. Probably do a disc conversion up front.

Need to check out the front end as well, some interesting noises coming from it after putting some miles on her.

The six runs excellent, got a 2bbl Super Six setup. Has a couple leaks I'll be looking into soon. I think I'm gonna put some split 3->1 headers on her, dual pipes to make it a little louder. Need to hook up the A/C Compressor too.

Any tips on tightening up the window rails? I'd like to get the windows sealing a little better to cut out wind noise on the freeway.

Anyways, thats about it for now. I'll update this thread as I make upgrades and changes. I'm really stoked on the car, it's in killer shape and is an excellent starting point to build a killer DD.

Heres some pics from the previous owner, I'll take some new ones soon, but nothings changed since these.

DSC_0276.jpg

DSC_0277.jpg

DSC_0278.jpg

DSC_0279.jpg

DSC_0280.jpg

DSC_0281.jpg

DSC_0288.jpg

I also installed a set of 7" HID Conversions from the company I work for (Electrosport Industries, www.electrosport.com).
Heres the pics of the light upgrade:

dsc_0629.jpg

Heres the thread I started about the lights:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=63351

a 73 should have the big bolt pattern pattern on them, unless someone converted them down.

Dusters have always been one of my favorites. The leaning tower of power makes for a great commuter setup. Good trade.

Hey Evan, just so you know, they are definitly small bolt pattern.

Hey AJ thanks.
Ya I just posted that right when you were writing!

Man hang onto those slotted mags on the Cuda. They were hard to find and would be perfect for the Duster too!
If you decide to change rims and want to get rid of the mags definitely let me know.

Practical, comfy, indestructable, great color....your Duster makes me smile. Great example of what FABO does for people.

Ya I love the rims, go check it out, i just put up some pics of the interior of the barracuda

Just posted on your thread. Great job AJ!
If you come across another set of SBP slots or rallye's let me know!

Hey Physhy thanks for the offer man.
I have stock 14" rims on the car right now, I really don't want to go down to 13" rims.
Thanks very much though, if they were 14's I'd be on them right away!

Anybody else got some 14's!?

Yep its definitely all small bolt pattern.
Do you guys know if the driver side still has reverse threaded studs on a 73?

Yep its definitely all small bolt pattern.
Do you guys know if the driver side still has reverse threaded studs on a 73?

I was told that they were supposed to by someone on this site (cant remember who) but on my 74 duster they were regular threads all the way around.... unless somebody switched them out before I owned it.

looks like a nice daily driver project.....gota love the orange, is it vitamin C?

-
Back