**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
New Vac Gauge is here. Took the car out for a blast, everything works well. TB, Shifter and Vac Pump. I am all hooked up and ready for my Friday night terrorizing! Full Tank, Full NOS & Fuel Cell with VP 110 on Standby! haaaa

[ame]http://youtu.be/IgzO1Cz50PA[/ame]

They were slumming... LOL

Nice to see the car out and about.

Haaaaa,

It was hot as Fck in the car today. I think I'm done til it cools off. I thought I was going to have a stroke!! It must have been 110* in the car. Motor saw 215* today on stop & go. As soon as air started moving back to 190*, ran good never missed a beat.

Nos bottle pressure from the heat seen 1300+ PSI & NOS solenoid would not open. I bled it off too and still was stuck. Purge & Fuel Solenoid work fine. It has to be stuck or broke cause the fuel and Nos solenoids are activated with same relay. I'll investigate on Sunday.

Love the progress Mad Dart! Glad you went with the star wheels. I have 315 DRs on 12" without screws and they do not rotate. The 10.5W slicks are screwed in.

Mark Williams.... you will need a chunk for that pretty rear end. Oops, nevermind I see something in the back of your shop in that ladder bar parts pile pic.

Guy I am buying a Vortech from has a 73 Scamp and says it weighs 3800 with him in it. He blames the doors and all the added weight from safety stuff His is about the same color as yours.

Ladder bars are tacked where they are supposed to go and ready for the TIG! Shock brackets will go on after the gussets on the ladder bar brackets. They hang off of them.

I set the pinion angle 1* down for now and the ladder bars pointing just a hair down at 1/2*

AND YES the cross member DROP is Centered on the Pinion/Driveshaft!!

I should have plenty of adjustment on all of it.

View attachment phpl7Pp7jPM.jpg

View attachment phpd2gdIuPM.jpg

View attachment phpsZMeBvPM.jpg

View attachment phpLP1pWrPM.jpg

View attachment phpKVPIviPM.jpg

View attachment phpOHSXykPM.jpg

Messed with the 9" a little today. I got the lower shock bracket set and the back brace tacked in place. I did some preliminary measuring and with the upper shock tower where it goes the car should set about 2 1/2" down over the wheels in the rear and still give me a couple inches to play with.

I will be adding 1 - 1" tube across the bottom of the housing to each lower shock bracket and then running 2 separate 1" Gusset tubes off the housing to each ladder bar bracket. It should tie everything together nicely.

Axles & Brakes should be here tomorrow along with some new exhaust parts and misc stuff.

View attachment IMG_6707.jpg

I forgot to mention that I will be doing surgery on the floor to allow the front ladder bar cross member to set as high and into the floor as necessary to obtain the stance I am looking for. I will also be channeling under the rear seat to allow the ladder bars movement so they do not hit or contact anything. The front end will come down at least 2-3" to match the rear.

You gonna channel the trunk floor for the coil over mounts?

No... Shock tower will be in trunk &
tied to cage. Only the shock tabs will be slotted
through the trunk floor.

It will be somewhat like this tied into the cage and the floor patched in around the shock tabs. This is a members car on Yellowbullet. This guy does some amazing work without a doubt.

View attachment IMAG0059-1.jpg

View attachment 2014-04-27_16-58-35_762.jpg

View attachment Screen Shot 2014-08-28 at 10.11.38 PM.jpg

View attachment Screen Shot 2014-08-28 at 10.14.07 PM.jpg

I just used a 2x3 tube and slid head of shock inside and bolted thru. So just square tube and no cut outs for head of coil overs

Sounds like a fun project! You got a link to a build thread? If so post it up!!
The car is already done, motor is in and is a low comp. 496 with Iron Heads.

Buying the twin parts now. Here is a picture of it.

Attachments

• 00j0j_htMQzi0LRea_600x450.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 309
  • WP_20140817_005.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 286
  • 00x0x_aaoXQPpvbgr_600x450.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 298
  • 00P0P_k8zef86Tfus_600x450.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 302
  • WP_20140817_003 (Custom).jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 282
  • WP_20140817_002 (Custom).jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 285
Thats my car in the pics above, thanks for the props on my work! Let me know if you want to see any better pics of anything to see how I did it.

-
Back