74 power wagon dream truck...

-
Indirect progress was made today..
And a little direct LOL...
Got the Costco tent garage cleaned out as it's been a catch-all for junk for the last couple of years. Big load to the dump and a lot of organizing getting ready for the truck to go in there... Well pieces of the truck at each time I can get them off..
I picked up a set of adjustable rockers from a member... They're non-banana groove but I can put those in if I think I need them. They need lots of cleaning and clearancing for the bigger Springs and some lock adjusters from comp..
View attachment 1715711641
I really like those rockers, I dont know why. I just think they're neat lookin, and their factory. :) After my cam break in today and my rear main leak fiasco, when I tear that sucker apart to fix my fuckup, a solid cam is going in with a set of these rockers.

I really like those rockers, I dont know why. I just think they're neat lookin, and their factory. :) After my cam break in today and my rear main leak fiasco, when I tear that sucker apart to fix my fuckup, a solid cam is going in with a set of these rockers.
Major luck in the jpar camp... Just sold the remainder of those Chevy Axel's/and parts for exactly what I paid for them!!..
Hubs, backing plates, spindles, outer axles (I'll probably buy new everything else)... FREE!!!....
:thumbsup::thumbsup:...

Major luck in the jpar camp... Just sold the remainder of those Chevy Axel's/and parts for exactly what I paid for them!!..
Hubs, backing plates, spindles, outer axles (I'll probably buy new everything else)... FREE!!!....
:thumbsup::thumbsup:...
Wonderful. Love when a plan comes together. You done good.

It even worked good for the guy that bought the parts from me. He didn't need those brake plates or spindles he just really wanted to change gears... He seen them advertised for $100 more and was able to get them for $100 leaa then what he originally seen them for when I bought them.. I just happened to know the guy and gave him a good deal on a previous car and he gave me $100 off..,

Chipping away at the parts list for the frame down.. but did order rocker locking adjusters... Ordered new hub lockers, front dif bearing kit, frame bushings for rear of front springs...
Also ordered some parts cleaner...

I use the hell out of purple power. Hook up the Honda powered Vortex pressure washer to hot water and blast all my parts clean.

The two young kids that bought the axels that I got the disc brake conversion off said a little small town close by was accepting walk-ins at the DMV for Vin inspections.. so today I made a strong effort to see if I could squeeze the truck onto my trailer knowing that the front tires would almost try to ride off the front to get the back tires just barely on.. it wasn't pretty and still isn't but I got it on there... I took the long trip on a chance and of course there was a line going out the door... I just turned around and came home... But at least Monday when I do have an appointment I don't have to borrow someone else's trailer...

IMG_20210331_144915.jpg
Also Christmas for the truck came today. LOL... I got the transfer case rebuild kit with USA all over the box and Japan on the actual bearings LOL..
Also got the new front hubs...
A little bit of a hiccup with my 273 rocker adjusters but I started the thread on that and I'm pretty sure I haven't figured out...
View attachment 1715716871
IMG_20210331_150810.jpg

I wouldn’t be too worried about the Japanese bearings. Japan is good. Better than China. Or Taiwan.

what made you choose the MM,s over the Warns?

I wouldn’t be too worried about the Japanese bearings. Japan is good. Better than China. Or Taiwan.

I'm sure the price was better and I've got two sets of Warns.. one set from the donor and another set on the drums...
Something different.…

I'm trying to figure out my rim size for the future. Obviously the 16 1/2 are going into the garbage... They look very close to the drums and I'm not sure what the chevy disc backing plates will allow?.. it looks like if I go 15 in and want 35 12.5 tires I need at least 10 wide rims... I have no idea what offset I'll need to have or if I can even run 15s...??..

I think on a Dana 44 you can run 15’s.
I have 15x10 with 4” backspace on my Dana 60 front, but I ground the **** outa my calipers. LOL

My friend gave me some nice aluminum take offs for my '98 but they wouldn't fit on the back drums I reckon has had rear disc... It was a bummer I really wanted the upgrade for my truck but they would probably not look good on the older truck...

The problem with takeoff aluminum wheels from newer trucks is the offset is wrong most of the time.

16’s might work

Our Christmas today.. got the Dana 44 carrier bearing kit and some bushings for the frame for the front rear leaf spring hangers..
Doing my research on the twin stick for the transfer case...

Also when I got the transfer case package from Summit I got a free Summit hat!?.. I remember I used to get free fender guards now and again...
I always wondered about that as it's been 20 years since I've gotten anything like that...

When we pulled the bed off my customers 72 highboy today he asked me if I was just practicing for my truck LOL I just looked up and the other way and smiled...
IMG_20210403_121004.jpg
IMG_20210403_140925.jpg
IMG_20210403_140944.jpg

I like what ya did there. Let me see that wood frame thing you built to pull the bed.. might have to copy that.

I like what ya did there. Let me see that wood frame thing you built to pull the bed.. might have to copy that.
It was essentially just three 4x4 pressure treated posts. Two of them cut to length to fit underneath the bed rail with a little 2 ft piece of 2x4 underneath the bed rail and a 8-footer just going down the center in front to back. I did measure center of the two going side to side so the 8-ft are going from front to back was centered. Then we put the chain a little towards the front cuz there was no tailgate and there was a couple in his case homemade gas tanks under the front part of the bed to make it a little heavier up front. With that said once we put some tension on it we took long deck screws and toenailed everything together and even a couple in between the chain links as it wrapped around the center of the 2x4 going from front to back just so nothing slid. And giving enough chain to where it didn't pinch the arm as it came to reach out as you pull up it starts to come hit the lift arm and then try to **** it side ways. A couple small test lifts for balance and then off you go...
IMG_20210403_121013.jpg

Built my mega saw horses today.. I plan on putting the bed upside down on them at the back of my 10×20 portable garage... That way I can park the frame under it...
IMG_20210404_125228.jpg

^^^^after all that work I fell asleep in my chair and woke up and checked Craigslist and a pair of headman headers popped up brand new for $80...
$240 on summit...
IMG_20210404_190839.jpg
IMG_20210404_190913.jpg

SCORE!!!... :thumbsup:

-
Back