750 or 850 cfm Thermoquad

-
YEA! David has helped me in the past without skipping a heart beat.

One more question guy's..What do you think it is worth? It was rebuilt about 2 years ago,and only used for 1 week after that,then boxed.. Thanks, Craig.

Attachments

• Picture 220.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 183
If the shafts are good and tight, maybe around $50, if they didn't clean and blow it out before boxing it chances are good it will need to be cleaned, The kits are cheap about $20, also make sure the choke pull off is good and holds vacuum, it doubles as a damper on the secondary air doors, also if its apart check the neoprene black floats they tend to soak up fuel and get heavy causing problems, should be replaced with brass if they haven't already.

Not to drone on.... but one other mod that is done to the later ones is removing that vacuum pod on the front of the carb (top) and blocking it off.

That gizmo up front adjusts the air/fuel ratio with the cars Altitude. (SP!) Enrichens when going down to sea level, leans out in the mountains. Handy item for the un-worked engines.

Not to worry,There is no sea here or Mountains within hundreds of miles!! lol..Any more help with this would be great. Should I slap it on? I have heard they work extremely well,Performance,etc..Even better on fuel because of the small primaries..

You could, maybe just hit it with gummout and spray all the air bleeds and see how it goes.

O.K. Thanks for all your help guy's!! I will wait until spring to do this..I think my buddy was hoping it was worth about $200.00 he said he paid around three to have it rebuilt!! Oh well! lol..

only T-quads that bring over $200 in decent condition needing a rebuild is the 71 340 carbs, the next would be the 72-74 6 series they bring about $50 to 150. the rest are well under $100. only exception would be a later carb that is NOS with all the plating ect..

So what your saying is the 71 340 TQ is the best overall Carb? If so,that is good news because I bought a complete pan to carb never touched 340 that came out of a 1971 340 Demon.It has been sitting in a friend of a friends shed for 25 years.Also it had the factory air cleaner and pie pan still on it when my friend got it off the guy for $50.00 last year for me. I sand blasted it, wrinkle painted it and bought a new pie pan.Now it sits on top of my 340 under the hood of my Duster.I just made the deal for the 340 this past fall and have to pick it up in the Spring. It's good to know that original 1971 TQ is well worth rebuilding,if thats the good one!

I just wanted to add that I didn't mean to steal this thread! Sorry if that's what I've done. Sometimes I get carried away! Craig..

-
Back