76 volara road runner

-

169dart4y

Reaction score
I pulled into the grocery store today and a guy was sitting in an orange
volare . It had road runner stickers on the rocker panels under the door . The guy looked kind of sketchy but I figured he must be into mopars so I asked him about his car and asked what it was wheather it was a volare or a road runner .
He was all excited at that point and had all kinds of stuff to tell me about his car saying there were only 500 made ? I have never seen one . I googled it when I got home and yes there it was . You could tell after he told me some more road runner stickers on the rear of the car with the little road runner. It had a 319 /904 with a 7 1/4 rear end . bucket seats and a counsel . It had the orange color with the orange and white strip stickers down the side and around the wheel wells. He was pretty proud of it to say the lease . Unfortanatlly I wasn't driving my 69 to show off all the work I recently completed . That's it .

Did ya tell'em about FABO even though it's not a "A" body?
He'd be welcomed here, no doubt.

There were quite a bit more than 500 made. I have very fond memories of a '77 Volare Road Runner. Took one look at it on the transporter, asked the truck driver which dealer it was being shipped to, and was inside signing the paper work before it ever hit the ground. It was maroon metallic with the same colored stripes, 318 console auto with black interior, Rallyes with E70X14 Polyglas tires, in dash 8 track, sunroof, and fold down rear seat. Drove it for 4 years and it is one of the few cars I wish I still had. It was pretty gutless as delivered, but a 383 out of a '70 Polara made a huge difference. :-D

Probably looked something like this?

bills 210.jpg

I know where one is at that I've been trying to get. The jackass will not come off of it. The poor thing is just sitting there rusting away.
That **** drives me bleepin nuts!!! Why won't people just sell these cars instead of letting them rot away. UGH!

I know such a *** with a 68 Charger and a 72 - 74 Cuda sitting outside for (AT LEAST!) the last 10 flippin years!

There was a yellow superbird that sat in alabama for 10+ years and literally rotted into the ground. It suddenly was missing.

They made the Roadrunners through 79. The 75 was full size Monaco with the Roadrunner treatment and the 76-79 was the Volarie body, they also made the R/T version. There were quite a few 76 up but the 75 is the rare one.

I've got a '79 Volare Roadrunner, but its beyond repair. if anybody needs any parts for one let me know and I'll see what I have.

My first car was a '76 roadrunner. The p.o. has already put in a 340, 727 and a 8-3/4 rear. Lots of fun memories from that car. He had painted it Burgundy with painted on grey and silver stripes. The seats were stitched up in velour. I showed that car no mercy. Drove it like I stole it. Did some nasty Dukes of Hazzard style jumps in it. Sadly the body was rotting real bad on it. I'd like to have that one back. Every now and then I see a Volare from southern Ontario on autotrader.ca that's been back-halfed. I'd like that one too!

Wylde1.

Just thought I would share some of the George Ray's drag strip MoPar folks

Drag race day 035.jpg

Drag race day 036.jpg

Drag race day 037.jpg

Drag race day 038.jpg

Those Volarie's were real bad for rust, I haven't seen many that weren't rusted bad.

I have a pair of rust free Volarlie fenders hanging in the barn at out farm that I've been sitting on for years. I don't know why, but I held onto them in case I ever found a Roadrunner.

I like em. Just happen to have a 78 setting out in the "Field of Dreams". It's a factory 360 4 barrel with a sunroof, buckets and console. Neat car that would be a nice project.
Small Block

Yes it looked just like your car except the main body was orange . It could just be the picture . Nice car
Yes I did tell him about abodyonly sight . He said he paid $700 for some torsion bars about eight years ago because he couldn't find any? What is a volara a B body?
What other cars can he swap parts out of? If I see him again, I told him that someone on this sight would know what other cars he could get parts for . It even had the plastic louvers on the quarter windows . I didn't have a camera so no photo's . pretty cool !

That's a sharp car, (The Keystone Cragar Volar'e Roadrunner). They say this car was the fading muscle car glow. It sure is a nice looking car even if it don't have a 383 C.I.D engine.

I pulled into the grocery store today and a guy was sitting in an orange
volare . It had road runner stickers on the rocker panels under the door . The guy looked kind of sketchy but I figured he must be into mopars so I asked him about his car and asked what it was wheather it was a volare or a road runner .
He was all excited at that point and had all kinds of stuff to tell me about his car saying there were only 500 made ? I have never seen one . I googled it when I got home and yes there it was . You could tell after he told me some more road runner stickers on the rear of the car with the little road runner. It had a 319 /904 with a 7 1/4 rear end . bucket seats and a counsel . It had the orange color with the orange and white strip stickers down the side and around the wheel wells. He was pretty proud of it to say the lease . Unfortanatlly I wasn't driving my 69 to show off all the work I recently completed . That's it .

I special ordered a brand new one.......... Silver with white interior....360, auto.....came with 12 month 12,000 mile warrenty and with 12,001 miles I pulled the 360 and put in a built 340.....crazy...

I am an F body guy, my brother has a Duster. I live in Arizona so I don't have a rust problem.

Very cool cars, I own a 77 Volare Roadrunner. They were meant to be a cross between the A body and B body size wise.

Worst part about them is that they are heavy.

Dan...

There was a blue one listed for sale here a while back. Way out of my price range but man it was sharp !

I Fell In Love With A New '77 Black Aspen R/t At The Local Dodge Dealer When I Was A Senior In High School. There Was Just Something About The Black R/t's.

-
Back