904 leak-can I replace this piece?

-

standup303

Reaction score
Hey all,

My 904 is leaking from the “linkage connection point” shown in the photo. Leaks whenever the torque converter drains back into the pan after sitting a few days. Can I seal this without removing the pan?

IMG_4264.jpeg

IMG_4265.jpeg

Yes, there is a seal you can see, that can be replaced, and there's also an o-ring on around that inner shaft under the clip, that needs replacement as well.
Don't let that inner shaft fall inside, it will disconnect from linkage , which may require pan removal.
Cheers

To get that seal out, being outta the car, I drill a coupla small holes in the metal of the seal, and screw a coupla self-tappers in, - they will bottom out, - and when you keep screwing, the seal will be pulled out by the threads .

Don't forget to change the inner seal as well; the one under the washer you took off that was held on with the C clip.

You should be able to get both the seal and the oring from one of your local transmission shops. Bullfrog or Victoria

Thanks everyone! I got the main seal at OReillys and have it installed already. I’m going to order the small O Ring and can at least get the transmission back in the car tonight. Love this site and all the help available.

Last edited:
-
Back