904 vs. 727 weight

-
i forget the exact pounds but its a good bit light. my god the difference of lifting the two in is crazy..

I just bought a 727 from an ex racer, with 13 runs on it. I asked why? He said he went to a 904 to go faster. He picked up 1/3 of a .10 in the 1/4.

Thanks. I've been thinking about keeping the 904 in my duster to save some weight. I'm aiming for good handling so a nice suspension and a light overall weight sounds good.

I just bought a 727 from an ex racer, with 13 runs on it. I asked why? He said he went to a 904 to go faster. He picked up 1/3 of a .10 in the 1/4.

yup.. 904 is faster. not just because of the weight. takes less power to turn to... :)

i don't know the exact weights, but a 904 is significantly lighter, harder to make last compared to a 727 but for sure much lighter

I believe it is around 35 lbs...most of it internal rotating weight...

i switch out from 727 to 904 back in 1992....picked up a solid .15 in 1/4 ...still using same trans.

As AARCuda said there is less internal recriprocating mass so the lesser weight combined with the lesser mass means less weight and less horsepower to turn it. Plus you can find a 904 with the 2.74 low gear.

-
Back