A 1971 R/T I am offering before I strip it. Look on fbbo for post

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought this charger for parts for my 71 roadrunner. It has the complete driveline in the car. So for me it was a no brainer. I will get what I need and some of my money back. I also just purchaced this on ebay. I now have every option but the power sun roof.

1971 GTX / SATELLITE / ROAD RUNNER POWER WINDOW SET COMPLETE !!! | eBay _trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The charger will yield many parts I will need. I also bought this satellite for parts you guys will be upset at this getting stripped. I am the second owner been sitting in the same driveway since 1974. motor stuck fast. The orange roadrunner's last inspection is 1976. I sold my 340 Duster and the drive train out of my 340 Demon to buy these. There is also a complete 4sp 71 rr on its way for parts. Most of you guys that know me and bought things from me know I am not in it for the money. Its just a really cool past time and a way to meet people into the same things. I want a fully optioned 71 RR for a driver. Some things you lose money on and some you gain . It evens out in the end

Steve 113.JPG

Steve 115.JPG

Steve 114.JPG

View attachment 1714990740

Last edited:
7 grand for a 71 440 R/T 6 pack car to use as a parts car when its a pretty rare optioned one, that looks solid and restorable. What a waste. It sat since the 80s pretty much unmolested which is a pretty rare thing indeed, only to be cut up for parts and thrown away. I'd give my left nut to come across something like that. Again, just a waste.

Last edited:
If you can get $7500 for your nut on ebay, the car can be yours! You may have to sell both though. :)
Hahaha!!!

I think oldmanmopar had a monstrous cache of A body stuff about a year ago and was trying to liquidate it all due to health issues and such. Couldent get buyers, people trying to scam etc. I believe he said he sent a bunch of it off in a dumpster i could be wrong, and it coulda been another fabo member.

Last edited:
I remember more than one post like that, he was gonna destroy parts if he didn't get his price......

What would make it worse would be an original numbers matching hemi car. Runs, clear title. Bought for $15k as a parts car. Screwed up part is i'm attempting to save cars that look 100 times worse because its what i can find in my neck of the woods.

The post says it's being offered for sale before he strips it/parts it out

I guess whats the most annoying is how in the post #27 he says

"i bought this satellite for parts you guys will be upset at this getting stripped"

been sitting since 1974. Looks like a worthy candidate to rebuild to me.

If you know folks are gonna get upset over that, then why post a pic and comment like that. I took it as a poke. Kinda like looky what i have right here, and i'm gonna destroy it, dittos for the 71 R/T. Thats just stirrin up a hornets nest.

What he's looking to build could probably be done without cannibalizing a 71 RR, 71 satellite, and 71 R/T 6 pack car. Heck my 67 barracuda was a slant sux car, and i have gotten everything for it to do a V8 4 speed conversion 1 piece at a time.

Last edited:
Sounds like old man mopar is not getting quite enough circulation to his brain. Some people just don't use what God has given them.(common sense)

Lets see he wants a fully loaded 1971 440 4 speed RR. Essentially making a 1 of none. A clone. Sure it would prob end up being a nice car, problem is no numbers matching, not built that way from the get go, no pedigree.

That 71 R/T 6 pack car was born with that pedigree. Once its stripped and all the numbers matching stuff is scattered to the 4 winds that wont matter anymore because then its junk. To the right person that car intact and running as he says it is, he could double his money then buy all the parts he needs to make his full tilt loaded RR clone.

Hey heres an easier way, just go buy a loaded 71 GTX, and put RR stripes, horn, and emblems on it. Done. Unless its gotta gave an RM23 vin code.

I think these posts are meant to stir people up, I have seen these types of posts before

Chopping up a 6pak R/T and two other cars, to make a clone of a car that was never built??? Oyvey!!!

It's not a 6 pack car.

Re read the second paragraph in the original post. 440 car, six pack visible from the piece removed from the hood. I am assuming a ramcharger fresh air door.

Then in paragraph 3 says the six pack 440 was pulled out and on a motor stand next to the car to save it, and a running 440 installed. The mechanic that pulled the six pack engine out to "save it" did more to devalue the car if it was the original numbers matching engine

Hahaha!!!

I think oldmanmopar had a monstrous cache of A body stuff about a year ago and was trying to liquidate it all due to health issues and such. Couldent get buyers, people trying to scam etc. I believe he said he sent a bunch of it off in a dumpster i could be wrong, and it coulda been another fabo member.
Yup, that would be him. He loaded a bunch of parts up and hauled em to the crusher! Pissed me off but nothing I could do to save anything.

Well six pack or not, it is his car. He can burn it to pieces if that;s what he wants to do.

Ok original ad on fbbo says 440 magnum car, not six pack, however he has the original engine and is willing to sell it whole for $7,500. Looks like there is a buyer too. The effed up thing is the i will hold it for a week, then i'm taking it apart comment. I mean seriously, its not like these things are sitting on street corners or used car lots everywhere anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back