A 1974 Duster - My 2nd one, 41 years later!

-
Alex...I owe you a big THANKS for the suggestion on the Tekna Pro Lite gun! Your door looks great. My golf cart body turned out nice too! :) I'll take an outside pic when we go back to the beach next week. GY3 - Curious Yellow...and the paint was left over base from 2005! I used SPI Universal clear. I used the T20 cap with the 1.4 tip on the clear, and it laid down slicker'n cat poop on linoleum....lol.

IMG_0337.JPG
IMG_0338.JPG
IMG_0339.JPG

Thanks JDMopar, glad I could help, golf cart looking good! I too, very much like my Tekna Pro Lite gun! Thanks Dave! I'll keep the painting going and continue to post up the progress!

Last edited:
I'm masking off everything so I can spray the two front fenders while they are on the car this coming Saturday.
This should be fun!

Just make a day of it, mix a little more paint and do the roof and quarters.:poke::poke::poke::poke:

^ Yes, yes...I knew that was coming!!! LOL!!! I already have everything taped off to do the front fenders. Less stress for me. Next will be the roof, quarters, jambs, and tail panel......no avoiding it.

Knew ya did,, just funning with ya. Car is coming along nicely, but we will need pics.

See's....I tolds ya...I's really did tape off da fenders. Wheels will come off, place on jack stands, cover wheel wells...let the green fly! Still have a lil' more taping off, I'll get it done before Saturday paint day.

40217613394_0b5a71f144_b.jpg
IMG_4875 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

27054928218_ef680d8a3f_b.jpg
IMG_4876 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

40217610994_e6c1b1dd14_b.jpg
IMG_4877 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

The Doug's Headers arrived, they look nice!
Hey,
where did you get your headers from? Mine have been on order from Summit for 2 weeks and they are now saying they will be at Summit on 5/5/18. Very frustrating, if I can order from someone else and get them in a couple of days I will. Thanks for your help.

I really can't remember, I think it was from an Ebay seller. I just did a quick internet search, looks like they are back ordered everywhere. Probably have to wait.

^ Don't think they were the polished ones, just the D453 ceramic coated. Here is a look back to before the 408 went in the car.

32262091982_50566ac3cc_b.jpg
IMG_3905 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

Last edited:
Wow everything looks great. I ordered the D453s but I see that they have a polished set for about 150.00 more. If mine looks like yours I won't need polished.

Looks like the guy by the tool box has been sniffing to many paint fumes. Time for a beer,you earned it.

Higgs is the paint mixing technician. I pour, and he's yells out "Stop"! So far so good! Yes, a few beers are deserved and consumed! Brock came down yesterday also, Nice seeing the guys! Nice getting the fenders in Green!

Whats left? This will be all done in one spray session: door jambs, roof, quarters, and the tail piece. I'll start taping it all off this coming week.

Trunk exterior needs painting also. Trunk lid interior is already done.

Last edited:
I have to say that the paint fumes were exquisite! I had a beer too. higgs does a good job managing the product mixing...LOL! The prep work that Alex has done is beyond belief, and shows in all the almost completed panels I saw. I can't wait to see finished car!

-
Back