a 2x4 setup question

-
Here is a list of the items I bought, keep in mind I am going on information that yellowrose gave earlier on thread which he states will work and I have no reason not to believe him. Once i receive the intake top I will make sure of the match to my old base and post pics. It sure looks like the correct one. Do not go by the picture of the intake as it is not the correct picture. They have a disclaimer that the pic is only a file pic and may not be representative of the actual part. I called them last night again to make sure and was told it is not the correct pic for this part.
3wfOhNUxKcLBvDRaRQq2EZRHMKe9KYO50J0zzzB0posUw-AY5zWUvetKdmaGRx2uwJ_u4XOP5LSr4i_1KLq0XBSdGjPfRygPD3UgwGGdylx_gGUIyHK54Z0f=s0-d-e1-ft

3wfOhNUxKcLBvDRaRQq2EZRHMKe9KYO50J0zzzB0posUw-AY5zWUvetKdmaGRx2uwJ_u4XOP5LSr4i_1KLq0XBSdGjPfRygPD3UgwGGdylx_gGUIyHK54Z0f=s0-d-e1-ft
ysHCOCnJ7A3rXuhV4Uc7F5ONmuomP7wanvDyjjhgedgPbcjr57EDro-Bc4Ujwq7gcPz4Rheg6CVSIdt7M_zS1CrEvYsJ-i1gjstkW5m5Tyo8Wok9acoXrObX3FM6t1qhhyJctUw=s0-d-e1-ft

edl-7032_s.jpg
EDL-7032
(Mfr. #: 7032)

edl-6950_w_s.jpg
EDL-6950
Hope this helps. Im excited because I want to mount my carbs sideways and the original top will not allow that. Also this may make the total height a little less which will be a good thing as well.
Rod

Thanks Rod! Those look like the gaskets I need. I got the intake, separated the halfs and found an old beer/soda case box cut for a gasket. Which works, but .....

Thanks Rod! Those look like the gaskets I need. I got the intake, separated the halfs and found an old beer/soda case box cut for a gasket. Which works, but .....

That's what happens when you finish off six or eight barley pops. They start looking like good gasket materiel. And shim stock. And a weed pipe...if you're into that kinda thing.

Here is a list of the items I bought, keep in mind I am going on information that yellowrose gave earlier on thread which he states will work and I have no reason not to believe him. Once i receive the intake top I will make sure of the match to my old base and post pics. It sure looks like the correct one. Do not go by the picture of the intake as it is not the correct picture. They have a disclaimer that the pic is only a file pic and may not be representative of the actual part. I called them last night again to make sure and was told it is not the correct pic for this part.

ysHCOCnJ7A3rXuhV4Uc7F5ONmuomP7wanvDyjjhgedgPbcjr57EDro-Bc4Ujwq7gcPz4Rheg6CVSIdt7M_zS1CrEvYsJ-i1gjstkW5m5Tyo8Wok9acoXrObX3FM6t1qhhyJctUw=s0-d-e1-ft

View attachment 1715087467
EDL-7032
(Mfr. #: 7032)

View attachment 1715087468
EDL-6950
Hope this helps. Im excited because I want to mount my carbs sideways and the original top will not allow that. Also this may make the total height a little less which will be a good thing as well.
Rod

Hot damn I'm excited!!!!!!! Can't wait for pictures.

Got home late last night from a weekend vacation to find the new manifold had arrived. Looks to be at least 2" shorter then the original and this morning I got up early tinder if it would fit. I'm happy to say it has the identical footprint of the base and it actually had gaskets and bolts come with it. Tonight I will bolt everything together and start working on some linkage. I will need to make a base pivot stand but I should have everything else. Pics will be coming later tonight! I'm also thinking about powder coating both top and bottom so the aluminum matches? What are your thoughts on doing that? Again, thanks to yellow rose for this idea. I would have never thought to use a SB Chevy top!
Rod

Got home late last night from a weekend vacation to find the new manifold had arrived. Looks to be at least 2" shorter then the original and this morning I got up early tinder if it would fit. I'm happy to say it has the identical footprint of the base and it actually had gaskets and bolts come with it. Tonight I will bolt everything together and start working on some linkage. I will need to make a base pivot stand but I should have everything else. Pics will be coming later tonight! I'm also thinking about powder coating both top and bottom so the aluminum matches? What are your thoughts on doing that? Again, thanks to yellow rose for this idea. I would have never thought to use a SB Chevy top!
Rod

Hot damn....can't wait for pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some pics of the intake top both separate and mounted.
DSCN2544.JPG

You can see the newer one is at least 2 1/2" shorter then the original one.
DSCN2545.JPG

DSCN2549.JPG

Will need to find or make a lower mounting pivot. My linkage kit did not come with one but it looks like its a custom make type of job.
DSCN2554.JPG

Also will probably need to get another air cleaner assembly that fits better.

Here are some pics of the intake top both separate and mounted.
View attachment 1715089755
You can see the newer one is at least 2 1/2" shorter then the original one.
View attachment 1715089754
View attachment 1715089756
Will need to find or make a lower mounting pivot. My linkage kit did not come with one but it looks like its a custom make type of job.
View attachment 1715089757
Also will probably need to get another air cleaner assembly that fits better.

Absolutely beautiful. I just love it. I've told edelbrock at lest 5 times that top fits our base and that top is 10 times better but they dont listen. There are hundreds of those bases out there that can run that top.

BTW, Enderle makes that bottom linkage piece you need. If you google Good Vibrations Motorsports I think they have the stuff on the shelf.

Now I can't wait to see pictures of it together and watch a video of it running!

Well yellow rose, once again you've been a big help. I called "good vibration motorsports" and now have a base heading my way. The only problem is there is no listing for a small block dodge. His only listing for a mopar was for a 440 and that one requires an adaptor. I had him send both, I figured I could make it work with some fabrication! I had never heard of that company. So again thank you for your help.
Rod

Well yellow rose, once again you've been a big help. I called "good vibration motorsports" and now have a base heading my way. The only problem is there is no listing for a small block dodge. His only listing for a mopar was for a 440 and that one requires an adaptor. I had him send both, I figured I could make it work with some fabrication! I had never heard of that company. So again thank you for your help.
Rod

No problem. I just can wait to see it together.

... I'm also thinking about powder coating both top and bottom so the aluminum matches? What are your thoughts on doing that? ...

I'm a bit late to the party but I can maybe help out with the decision. :D This is actually Rumblefish360's up there as timing would have it.

023.JPG

012.JPG

010.JPG

Though for a SBC, this 2-piece setup lets you see how it looks in a custom two tone powder job. Both customers chose Alien Silver, the most popular pick for aluminum intakes at my shop.

76 pontiac astre 057.JPG

Back to our regular programming ........ :thankyou:

Kisses to the "Chick!"
Thanks.

FWIW, test fit your stuff before power coating.

I learned it the "Old Fashion Way" by simply screwing it up. Got to giddy! I've done it before, I did it again and I'll probably do it in the future.
LMAO!!!

Cuda Chick, thanks for the show of parts. And Im sure rumblefish was glad for the promotion of his parts! That intake looks fantastic. Im still not sure what I am going to do. My intake is probably 30 or more years old. It doesnt have enough water piping holes so I'll have to use a tee or 2, the carbs are probably from the 80's and sat for 15 years or more so I dont know how well they will work plus I want to run the single 4 BBL before I do change over and the car is at least this winter or more away from being done. But I appreciate everyones help from this forum as I continue to buy parts for this setup and hope I get to use it at some time.
Again thanks to everyone who throws thoughts and encouragement out to me. It keeps me going!
Rod

While there "My" parts (& I don't sell parts, so no need to promote!) it is the excellent work done by the @CudaChick1968 that should be getting the credit for making them look awesome. Powder coating is what she does.
(And giving me warm fuzzy feelings...)

By the way, your old parts can be "reborn" via powder coating and end up looking like my intake. Perhaps the Cuda Chick will be so kind as to come back in and post up my 30 something year old W2 Holley intake powder coated in the same color.

Just sort everything out (ready to run state) before you get it done.

Last edited:
Talk about warm fuzzy feelings!!! You're too kind Rob, but you know I love working with you whenever it happens (and there's been quite a few over the years).

I'm guessing you're talking about your old Street Dominator?? I still have a few pics of it too but they were taken under a weird "photography light" that gave everything kind of a strange tint.

032.JPG
041.JPG
038.JPG

Rod, no worries on my end -- the shop is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year and I have no intentions of going anywhere. I'll be ready whenever you are. Thanks in the meantime for the compliment, and best of luck with your build! Keep us posted.

Yes it was weird lighting.
So, a note to all, last picture has the best true color or just look at the MP dual quad. Both sitting next to each other are identical in color, hue (sp?)brightness, etc...

Rumblefish, "Promote" was not meant as selling. It was meant for a very nice well done part! And they are very well done!
Rod

OK, Im looking at what else I will need in order to use this right away when Im ready which again is going to be quite a ways off. But ive run into another issue. First tho let me post a pic of the pivot I ended up with from "Good Vibrations" that Yellow rose suggested.
DSCN2604.JPG

I will still need to make a plate to mount it to.
Now the next issue is I have only 2 water outlets for this intake, the 1 is a 3/8" for the heater hose and the 2nd one is a 1/4" which I will need for the fan temp switch. But I also need another 3/8" for the temp gauge. Was wondering what others have done. Here are pics of both the intake fronts so you can see what Im needing to do. The tunnel ram has both fitting holes on the passenger side of the intake and the single 4 has 2 on the passenger side and one on the drivers side.

DSCN2607.JPG

See above the single 4 bbl intake has a heater hose, water gauge and just right of the therm housing the fan sending unit.
DSCN2601.JPG

Here the tunnel ram only has the 2 water outlets.
So what options do I have? Am I going to have to use a tee fitting in the 3/8" hole for a heater hose and the temp gauge. The 1/4" will be the fan sender unit.
What have others done
Thanks Rod

I'm going to have to go out and look at my base tomorrow. I thought it had more water outlets than what you have.

Since I have a TIG in the shop I'd make a bung and weld it to the drivers side of the thermostat housing. Even if you don't have a weeds and a lathe to make a bung (luckily I have both) you can buy a bung for not much money and welding shouldn't be more than 30 bucks. Maybe a bit more in places like California.

That thing looks great.

To mount the pivot, can you just drill through the flange and use bolts that don't go through the flange?

On my Edelbrock Magnum RPM, I just drilled and tapped.

-
Back