A Bit Confused

-

spinman_1949

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
No disrespect meant towards anyone, but I honestly do not understand how the Go Fund Me I started for Tom & Dee and the thread I started here that has over 1300 views, has brought forth the fruit of giving by less than 20 souls. I realize some donated to Tom via paypal, but I have no visibility on that.

Perhaps it was a mistake trying this, but I need to know whom does not have as little as $5 to help Tom get through this. Many of you know by now that Dee has two weeks. Maybe $1280 will cover the costs. I don't know. Perhaps my starting it brings suspicion? I have no control over what others may suspect. All I can offer is that My wife and I have come to the aid of Tom & Dee over the last year and we ask nothing in return. Perhaps I hold kinship with Dee, because I too am fighting stage 4 cancer. I feel Tom's pain as I feel the possibility of my own wife's pain. A giving woman that has already lost a husband to this decease.

All that I do know is that giving openly and freely can soothe and cleanse the soul. We suffer not for the monetary efforts we have put forward and almost as a miracle it may be the more we give the more we seem to magically get replenished. We are not rich. But we have the wealth of understanding that tithing is not just the money you give to you place of worship.

A lot of people on this board hold high religious beliefs. 10 fold return is real and there is nothing to be ashamed in accepting that return. Those who limit this gift from GOD believe that there is only so much good or wealth to go around and that belief is false.

Forgo a sixpack. Pass on that pack of smokes. Maybe that trip for fast food can not only provide the means but support your own health.

I will get off my soapbox now, and perhaps I have made a mistake in posting this, but I felt the need to reach out and perhaps be enlightened as to why so few have contributed. And to those that have? You are blessed regardless of whatever you had to give.

Tom Spinelli

Well for one thing I've been there about 5 times just to see how the thread is progressing. Also, these threads all show up in Google, so if someone "just happened" to be looking for something that keyed up a hit, someone could have clicked it that was completely unattached.

I asked for help for a dying friend....EZ is the fellow that did the body/paint on my Dart. He is a Vet...I believe I got one donation for my troubles. Have posted about Ernie and I doing the "Walk for the Cure". First year went well. Second year....not a damn dime. Heard all sorts of excuses...which translates, in my mind into how folks feel about me....but that's alright, don't mind people hating me...pretty use to it by now.

I asked for help for a dying friend....EZ is the fellow that did the body/paint on my Dart. He is a Vet...I believe I got one donation for my troubles. Have posted about Ernie and I doing the "Walk for the Cure". First year went well. Second year....not a damn dime. Heard all sorts of excuses...which translates, in my mind into how folks feel about me....but that's alright, don't mind people hating me...pretty use to it by now.

I think I missed that or I would have donated.

It's the same story on all these benefits and help threads. The same people give over and over and it's usually always those who don't have a lot to begin with. It's funny, those that show off their twin turbo builds and million dollar homes are always silent in these type things.

I will stop right there.

I think I missed that or I would have donated.

It's the same story on all these benefits and help threads. The same people give over and over and it;s usually always those who don't have a lot to begin with. It's funny, those that show off their twin turbo builds and million dollar homes are always silent in these type things.

I will stop right there.
Yup...have a lot to say, just to damn tired...ain't like anyone is going to read it anyways...Got your cheese all vacuum sealed...will be in transit on Monday

Well I wasn't going to comment but here goes. I wouldn't take the lack of donating personal. Sure it is disappointing. Sometimes in my case it's simply a matter of having donated to a particular cause already. Or maybe I read it wrong Doug, but when I looked at EZ fund page the goal had been reached. Perhaps I was wrong. But it's never personal. At least not for me. Sorry. I hope this comes across the way I mean it to. I try to help when I can and a lot of times it's done on the side not public. I'm sure or at least hope others do the same.

I agree ...with every caring person that read their thread could give just $5 , what a blessing it would be. as far as donations to every deserving cause, that would be rather large. most of do not have it own our plates to give to everyone. would be nice if we could. yes you are right, giving is a blessing to the giver........ I sent a small donation while ago. I challenge others to give what they can and lets get some progress here!

as I stated in their original thread, I would be sending a small amount as soon as I paid my monthly bills. I get a social s ecurity check the 4 th Wed of a month, it pays bills, food, and always something I could do without! no doubt. all bills are paid now, except the monthly trip to the grocery, so I got off my butt and sent some $.

when I pulled up the go to fund, it is misleading, as it showed a figure of like $1305 in big black print... and a goal of $7500 in very small print... I too though it meant the amount of $1300 odd dollars have be obtained.......... then I read further and saw 15 or 20 people had sent some $$$.

I personally feel its good to let us all know what the status is of this....

Well I wasn't going to comment but here goes. I wouldn't take the lack of donating personal. Sure it is disappointing. Sometimes in my case it's simply a matter of having donated to a particular cause already. Or maybe I read it wrong Doug, but when I looked at EZ fund page the goal had been reached. Perhaps I was wrong. But it's never personal. At least not for me. Sorry. I hope this comes across the way I mean it to. I try to help when I can and a lot of times it's done on the side not public. I'm sure or at least hope others do the same.

I think you said it right, Ray.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to post, either, but the more I thought about and prayed about it the more I felt like I should.

The OP isn't wrong in his statements that it's disappointing, but like I told Tom (dustermaniac) in one of the threads, the most I can give is prayers. Some of you might see that as a cop out. It's not. I see the budget for my own home and it comes up short on being able to help financially, especially with Karli loosing her job on Friday and the uncertainty as to where the next pay check will come from.

The money will help relieve a financial burden and alleviate some stress in what's to come and the elimination of stress can help him with the grieving process that Tom's already entered.

I keep coming back to this as a man who's lived through it (and some might get tired of reading about it), but while the money that was given out of love helped me tremendously it was the support I received well above that that helped the most. And the support I still receive from those on here as well as my family and closest friends.

That's where my prayers are centered. I understand where Tom will be, a month from now, a year from now, five years from now. While my support can't be measured in dollars I stand ready for it stand up to God's standards if Tom reaches out to me.

Tom has admitted his faith is running low. God can and will speak through whatever gifts can be offered, rather financially or in other ways. A word said, a hug given, a tear shed. I'm praying that Tom holds on to his Faith enough to know the wisdom of God's gifts to him when they are given.

My heart breaks.

Please don't take the lack of financial assistance personally as it doesn't truly speak what's in a person's heart. There are many, who feel like I do. Some can't or won't give. Other's though, are ready to give in so many more ways.

Well, I can only speak to my personal situation, but I read the thread for updates as well, but can't pay through the gofundme account because I don't have a credit card, and it doesn't accept PayPal! I typically send donations anonymously, as I don't want anybody to feel obligated to thank me or feel that they have to repay me in some way! In the past I have instructed people to send their purchase price for parts purchased from me directly to someone's in need thread, and have even paid to have parts purchased from me redone as part of the donation! No questions asked, I just feel that part of my donation is to get others involved in giving, and receiving something for their gift!

I also don't even like to even let the public know that I do what I do, but to answer your question, my current way of donating to Toms cause is to do the same as above. For the next 2 weeks, I am sending Toms paypal account all of the proceeds from every sale of parts I sell, and that includes the shipping amount! No pomp, no circumstance, and you wouldn't even know it if I didn't decide to open my mouth, that's just the way I do things!!!

Yup...have a lot to say, just to damn tired...ain't like anyone is going to read it anyways...Got your cheese all vacuum sealed...will be in transit on Monday

Thank you. Kitty and I will have to figure out a way to reciprocate.

I don't see it as a cop out at all. There have been times when Kitty and I could only offer prayers. Sometimes, that's just how it is. Let me expound a little more. Kitty's boss (I use the term loosely) got mad at her and took her off the schedule one whole week, because Kitty could not come in and work an extra day. Kitty had a doctor's appointment and we had plans later that day.

This coming week, Kitty is the only one who gets paid and she will have that ONE DAY on that check. That's what we have to buy groceries and gas on. ONE DAY. BUT, we still donated 10 dollars. That's 10 dollars that could have gone in a gas tank. But you know what? Tom and Dee need it more than we do. I have some gas in my lawn mower can I can throw in Kitty's car if it comes down to it. I have about 1/4 tank in the truck, and about 60 dollars in the bank. We have enough food to get by. We will be ok.

Wolfie sent some Spam a while back and we use it for just this type occasion. When we get a bump in the road. We have some left. Enough to bridge the gap, until next week, when we both get paid.

The point is, even though Kitty and I don't have much, we have a LOT more than a lot of people. I honestly feel like if Kitty and I can give, almost anyone can. I only wish we could give more, and we may as time allows.

I encourage others to do the same.

I think you said it right, Ray.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to post, either, but the more I thought about and prayed about it the more I felt like I should.

The OP isn't wrong in his statements that it's disappointing, but like I told Tom (dustermaniac) in one of the threads, the most I can give is prayers. Some of you might see that as a cop out. It's not. I see the budget for my own home and it comes up short on being able to help financially, especially with Karli loosing her job on Friday and the uncertainty as to where the next pay check will come from.

The money will help relieve a financial burden and alleviate some stress in what's to come and the elimination of stress can help him with the grieving process that Tom's already entered.

I keep coming back to this as a man who's lived through it (and some might get tired of reading about it), but while the money that was given out of love helped me tremendously it was the support I received well above that that helped the most. And the support I still receive from those on here as well as my family and closest friends.

That's where my prayers are centered. I understand where Tom will be, a month from now, a year from now, five years from now. While my support can't be measured in dollars I stand ready for it stand up to God's standards if Tom reaches out to me.

Tom has admitted his faith is running low. God can and will speak through whatever gifts can be offered, rather financially or in other ways. A word said, a hug given, a tear shed. I'm praying that Tom holds on to his Faith enough to know the wisdom of God's gifts to him when they are given.

My heart breaks.

Please don't take the lack of financial assistance personally as it doesn't truly speak what's in a person's heart. There are many, who feel like I do. Some can't or won't give. Other's though, are ready to give in so many more ways.

This right here is mega awesome.

Well, I can only speak to my personal situation, but I read the thread for updates as well, but can't pay through the gofundme account because I don't have a credit card, and it doesn't accept PayPal! I typically send donations anonymously, as I don't want anybody to feel obligated to thank me or feel that they have to repay me in some way! In the past I have instructed people to send their purchase price for parts purchased from me directly to someone's in need thread, and have even paid to have parts purchased from me redone as part of the donation! No questions asked, I just feel that part of my donation is to get others involved in giving, and receiving something for their gift!

I also don't even like to even let the public know that I do what I do, but to answer your question, my current way of donating to Toms cause is to do the same as above. For the next 2 weeks, I am sending Toms paypal account all of the proceeds from every sale of parts I sell, and that includes the shipping amount! No pomp, no circumstance, and you wouldn't even know it if I didn't decide to open my mouth, that's just the way I do things!!!

I honestly missed that thread. Prayers and a small donation inbound momentarily.

I will also be linking the donation thread on my Facebook page which has 50,000 members. I hope we can at least get Tom a few more bucks.

To Tom,
I can't imagine the horror that you and your family are going through. I always have trouble finding words to say to someone in times like this. I just hope and pray for a miracle and if that's not in God's plans, may he make these last few days as merciful as possible and may he guide you thru these tough time.

Best wishes
Chris

I think it is terrible what they are going thru. Cancer is one of Gods mean tricks IMO. I Sent money recently thru Pay Pal because I had it set up already from last time. I CANNOT imagine what I would do if I lost the love of my life. My prayers go out.

I cant imagine the pain and anguish. I had submitted thru paypal as I have had that acct for years and wanted it to get to them asap. I figure if the small amount I donated is the difference between me losing my house and keeping it, I would rather give it to Tom n Dee than the bank.
Even something as simple as $5 can buy the kids something.

Tom Im sorry to hear of your cancer as well. Prayers and strength

I cant imagine the pain and anguish. I had submitted thru paypal as I have had that acct for years and wanted it to get to them asap. I figure if the small amount I donated is the difference between me losing my house and keeping it, I would rather give it to Tom n Dee than the bank.
Even something as simple as $5 can buy the kids something.

Tom Im sorry to hear of your cancer as well. Prayers and strength

The focus is on Tom & Dee. Yes I have my own demons to deal with. I will be starting another new experimental trial this coming week. But at least I have the resources and the insurance to deal with any financial burdens. For that I and my wife Virginia are blessed. I appreciate the kind words and prayers.

Tom S

PS Go Fund Me is now $1400. Every little bit helps. :cheers:

-
Back