A-Bodies...Big Motors / New Hemi Duster - FINAL ASSEMBLY

-
No fair taunting him about Hawaii when he has a -45F chill factor here.

Besides, how would he ever get that Duster to the Mopar Nat's!

No fair taunting him about Hawaii when he has a -45F chill factor here.

Besides, how would he ever get that Duster to the Mopar Nat's!

I could leave it here with someone and drive it when I get Stateside.

Air freight he's lots of friends in high places. lol

That would be cool to do a C-130 Air drop over National Trails.

Exactly, what a way introduce that ride to the general public, it will deserve an unveiling like that.

Exactly, what a way introduce that ride to the general public, it will deserve an unveiling like that.
Yea, but I've seen a few Air drop accidents with Chutes and altimeters not working properly and the results are not pretty, wouldn't that suck for an unveiling that go's splat.

No racing on Findlay's Main Street tonight.

They did a nice job of scooping away the 12" of snow so that
the -40F breeze could re-deposit it as ice.

FindlayIce_zps93f16be5.jpg

I'm thinking dirt bikes with screws in the knobby's would do the trick!!
U know like the good old days!! Where the hell is that global warming I keep hearing about?

Yea, but I've seen unfortunate Air drop accidents with Chutes and altimeters not working properly and the results are not pretty, wouldn't that suck for an unveiling that go's splat.

You need to stop looking at the negative aspects of things. All you would have to do is change the name to Dusted and tell everyone it was intentional.

You need to stop looking at the negative aspects of things. All you would have to do is change the name to Dusted and tell everyone it was intentional.

I think Twisted would be better cause that's all that's would be left "twisted metal".

Ok, so they do a touch and go, and you drive out the back. Heck I see it done in the movies all the time, so its gotta work. Right?

Hickam AFB, HI currently has a opening for my job (Machinist/Welder) on the National Guard side...I ran It by the wife for a nice warm move, I think she actually considered it for a moment or two......but then I got the Big "No"..

Is that right? I work across the hangar from our metals tech guys. It's a TFI unit here, and that comes with it's own challenges, since I'm active duty.

I think it's going to be an interesting four years considering I spent 17 at Dyess there in Abilene, TX. WHOLE different mindset here...

Yes it is, but make the most of it while your there. Make sure you visit the other islands as well, there are some pretty spectacular things to see while your there. Also book some time over at Bellows, probably have to do that a year in advance but nice to just stay on the beach and relax.

As soon as my better half quits spending my money dolling up our base housing, we'll go to Kaua'i, and Maui for our 10th anniversary in December. I have a friend that just moved to the big island just a couple months ago, so we'll probably check that out once or twice.

You just about called it on Bellows-that ****'s booked solid for a while. If we can afford it, I'd like to check out NZ, or Tas...

Is that right? I work across the hangar from our metals tech guys. It's a TFI unit here, and that comes with it's own challenges, since I'm active duty.

I went to Pope Field a few years ago and Helped there reserve unit get up and running that was Integrated with Active Duty...it's funny how little communication and help was shared.

My coworkers who arrived for the beginning of that process here said the same thing about the existing HIANG folks. There are some personalities I've had the dubious honor of dealing with, and there are others who aren't too bad. I knew to expect things would be different here than in Texas, but these guys were flying by the seat of their pants for years...little to no regard for TOs, AFIs, and established standards. There's a time and place for cowboy maintenance, but not every day, and not in every process...in all fairness, it's not everyone.

On the flip side, they're very zealous about corrosion treatment for obvious reasons...50+ year old aircraft plus salty air is not a good thing.

How's your finger fella? As always, ignore the ham (Scruffs) unless you are using his gray color for comparison.

Keep in mind that Denny painted this grill in (I think) Eastwood cast iron???? It's definately not the stock color.

Grill3.jpg

Grill1.jpg

Grill2.jpg

I uses the Argent Silver from Mopar part # p4529876 for mine! Looks beautiful!

Pictures?

Here was the one I did to sell on Ebay in 2009. I did a lot of work to this one. (making tabs, formed correct socket base for the turn signal that someone hogged out, fixed broken fins, ect...) Took me 8 hrs alone just to tape it off for paint. Pic #2 was when I just set it in the car to see what it looked like.

Attachments

• Ebay Grille.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 378
  • Ebay Grille 2.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 368
Eastwood makes a radiator paint....(real thin) for the coils....the remaining is treated to a gloss hi-temp brake caliper paint

no fan spacers....used black powder-coated March pulleys ...standard ratio to keep the water pump spinning at its required speed at idle.

Griffin Aluminum....Exact fit #5-00058 (Summit Racing)
19" Flex-a-lite 1719P aluminum fan (Jegs)
fan shroud #MOPP 2998326 (Mancini racing)

fits like a glove !!(O.J. Simpson)

ordered these today... I think jegs changed part numbers 1719P comes up blank on their site, but 400-1719 looks like the same deal

for the radiator, since I'm running an auto trans, the 5-70058 is the same exact radiator with trans line connections. costs more too haha.

-
Back