A-Bodies...Big Motors / New Hemi Duster - FINAL ASSEMBLY

-
Speaking of shows.....Joe Pappas and Dick Oldfield built the original Mopar Missle.

Joe and his wife Lyn are going to accompany us to the Mopar Nat's and will also
be at the Henderson, NC show.....Quite possiby some of the others as well.

Here is Joe 40+ years ago with Dick Oldfield during the Missile program.

[URL="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/OLDMOPAR/Pomeroy/oldfield-pappasc520_zps627afdc4.jpg"][/URL]

And last summer with Denny......still striking that familiar pose.

[URL="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/OLDMOPAR/Pomeroy/JoeandDennyc520_zps8f2156f2.jpg"][/URL]

Tom Hoover told me that Dick Oldfield built the 727 Transmission that is in Dad's Dart.

Im not too far from you, over in north baltimore. I want to see this thing in person!

Come to Carlisle in a couple of weeks, .....it is a THE best Mopar show and an absolute blast. Maybe this year I can make it to the stripper tent, I couldn't find it last year.

Your 69 Barracuda is sharp.

Im not too far from you, over in north baltimore. I want to see this thing in person!

OOOPS.....I missed the NORTH part of the North Baltimore.

Call me (PM sent) and we will get together. My shop is out RT 12, a mile out of Findlay.

Denny

Hoover and Oldfield...what a combo of legends.

How's it going over " still undisclosed" there?

Stay safe.
Denny

Yea it's definitely a "Special" Car with lots of History in the Driveline.
Everything is going as good as can be expected given the conditions...were getting geared up to "Forward Deploy" might get interesting if your following current Middle East events.
Did you call Dad (Dave) about the Nat's ?

Yea it's definitely a "Special" Car with lots of History in the Driveline.
Everything is going as good as can be expected given the conditions...were getting geared up to "Forward Deploy" might get interesting if your following current Middle East events.
Did you call Dad (Dave) about the Nat's ?

I left him a message today....maybe he hasn't made up his mind yet.

I do follow current events....be safe
Denny

not yet....ran out of time Thursday, still on the ramps, just need to top off the coolant and turn the key.....maybe I will get to the shop Sunday, but if not, I will be there Monday.

Spent today in BG supervising the planting of 8 trees....those boys work hard.

Dave and the Dart are planning on attending Friday and Saturday just like previous years.....minus you.....of course.

area rum sales will no doubt dip

You should take a video and post it for the start up and drive.

the Hemi has new pistons (10.5 vs 9.4 compression), rings, and camshaft. The cam, a small step above the factory '70-'71 grind, briefly ran in my green Duster 20 years ago. With the Hemi spending time on the engine dyno this January getting sorted out, I'm hoping it is a set the idle and done.... start up.

the biggest difference is a swap to the latest generation K with the Hemi positioned slightly to the right and slightly higher (appox 1/8" either way) and of course several tweeks, like spacing the clutch arm for better throw and rod alignment....ya know, hot rod 101....when apart, make it better.

also added the 12" QA1 coil over (#DS-501) with 12" / 350 lb springs VS the 10" with 10" /400lb spings. The Duster sits the same as before....ride height on the shock is right on spec (13-7/8") with the coil at 9.25" at ride height....right where QA1 suggests (25% to 30% of full length of the 12" coil spring). I have 1.5" of pre-load on all four corners and the Duster sits level in the front and appox 1/8" higher on the left rear vs right rear (driver weight allowance). I switched out the front anti-sway bar from a 1-1/16" to a 7/8". The whole combo makes for a smoother ride to the coffee shop.

I love hot roddin!

Sounds like you're really getting it dialed in Denny. Top notch work as always! tmm

the Hemi has new pistons (10.5 vs 9.4 compression), rings, and camshaft. The cam, a small step above the factory '70-'71 grind, briefly ran in my green Duster 20 years ago. With the Hemi spending time on the engine dyno this January getting sorted out, I'm hoping it is a set the idle and done.... start up.

the biggest difference is a swap to the latest generation K with the Hemi positioned slightly to the right and slightly higher (appox 1/8" either way) and of course several tweeks, like spacing the clutch arm for better throw and rod alignment....ya know, hot rod 101....when apart, make it better.

also added the 12" QA1 coil over (#DS-501) with 12" / 350 lb springs VS the 10" with 10" /400lb spings. The Duster sits the same as before....ride height on the shock is right on spec (13-7/8") with the coil at 9.25" at ride height....right where QA1 suggests (25% to 30% of full length of the 12" coil spring). I have 1.5" of pre-load on all four corners and the Duster sits level in the front and appox 1/8" higher on the left rear vs right rear (driver weight allowance). I switched out the front anti-sway bar from a 1-1/16" to a 7/8". The whole combo makes for a smoother ride to the coffee shop.

I love hot roddin!

Sometimes I just don't have anything to say................

Dave and the Dart are planning on attending Friday and Saturday just like previous years.....minus you.....of course.

area rum sales will no doubt dip

He really enjoyed Jim's Vodka and Diet Snapple...of course we all did for that matter

-
Back