A-Bodies...Big Motors / New Hemi Duster - FINAL ASSEMBLY

-
plannin a day trip...unless you want to make a road trip out of it...3 1/2 hours from here

4hr from Plum to Findlay + 3.5 hr to Indy.........

Straight through from Plum to Indy 6 hr

you could always do a stay-over...and check on the Dart....wonder if the paint is dry yet?

first warm Saturday in Findlay, Ohio...at Bob Evans Family Restraunt....for 8 o'clock coffee

I think the first road trip is back to National Trail Raceway, Columbus,Ohio for the Mopar Spring Fling ??

got any near you?

........no soup for you!

2471.jpg

hey Denny, i see in your avatar that you have a short handle shifter, shouldn't it be a pistol grip? or is that one more comfortable? or more accurate for the Missile?

short tower and shifter ball is just personal preferrence....for me the shorter the throw...the faster the shift....and the ball on top lets me just shove it into 3rd. Believe it or not...it is the same set-up I had in the Duster on the left below...circa 1976

I think I first saw this shift combo in one of Sox and Martins cars...never remember seeing a pistol grip shifter in a early 70's pro stocker....I think they were made more for "marketing"

if it's good enough for Ronnie...it's good enough for me

short tower and shifter ball is just personal preferrence....for me the shorter the throw...the faster the shift....and the ball on top lets me just shove it into 3rd. Believe it or not...it is the same set-up I had in the Duster on the left below...circa 1976

I think I first saw this shift combo in one of Sox and Martins cars...never remember seeing a pistol grip shifter in a early 70's pro stocker....I think they were made more for "marketing"

if it's good enough for Ronnie...it's good enough for me

Did you order the dash pad by chance?

dust off the Corvette...Scruffs needs a place to nap

thats funny I was thinking about that earlier when I was there assemblying the brakes......I broke or twisted 4 torx bits before I got to the recommended 55 lbs by Wilwood.... but no more safety wire..
I wish you could make it Mark.....maybe next time.

thats funny I was thinking about that earlier when I was there assemblying the brakes......I broke or twisted 4 torx bits before I got to the recommended 55 lbs by Wilwood.... but no more safety wire..
I wish you could make it Mark.....maybe next time.

The next time for sure ...... I little more of a heads up may help me coordinate the trip. ... Wed. are really the bests day for me to "get out of town" but with the bathroom remodel, working at work and 4000 other things that have come to a head make it impossible this time.....

FYI..... It looks like I'll be getting the Dart on June 22 and the Demon is going to be back about the same time or sooner!

-
Back