A-Bodies...Big Motors / New Hemi Duster - FINAL ASSEMBLY

-
Skypower,

I would like to know which size/part number of Hoosier rear tire
you are using.....and the size of the rim.

Any close-ups or pics off of the car of the overall look and of the
tread?

Thanks,
John

I'll see what I can come up with tomorrow for ya.

It's really no big deal Sky.......all ya gotta do is get a JC Whitney catalog...it's full of all kinds of what-nots and do-dats to build one of these babies!

I just orderd my new catalog maybe it will help with the 68 when I get started on it. To late for the black car it's gonna get beat on just to make sure the elephant is up to par.:viking:

Here's a few I had on the office computer I can try and get some better ones when i'm a the other store with car if you need em.

Attachments

• IMG_0471.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 820
  • IMG_0459.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 842
  • IMG_0458.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 850
  • IMG_0492.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 862
  • IMG_0491.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 851
Rims are 15 X 12 with 6.5 backspacing, tires Hoosier 19275PS, I like these tires for a street car because they are true street tires and florida it rains all summer so getting caught in it with drag radials is no fun. Also I have'nt found much in this hieght with out being too wide, then add that it's a stick car there are very few radials built for them. Anyway thats how I ended up with these.

Tire size is 31x12.5 x 15 got em thru Jegs

At least they are working on it.

Attachments

• hemi motor.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 841
Yes ..T-granger...those ARE drum brakes on the rear w/discs on front....never really been as concerned about stoppin' as I have startin'

I'll bet over 75% of the braking is done with the fronts..thats why I kept the discs on front and left the rears drum (as a stocker)....remember...this is a budget build...right?

Mark ..those are my DynoMax 2 1/2" straight-thru mufflers....for a little rumble..out back!

skypower, the pic of the lower shock mount (post#704) looks to be below the scrub line... please tell me I'm wrong.

hey Denny, when did you build the lime 73 HEMI Duster and do you still have it? if not, is the new owner a friend and a member here at FABO? i remember seeing the lime duster in magazines but don't remember when. also when did you build Mark's orange Duster and the butterscotch Demon? have either of them been in magazines, because they should be? have you done any others besides those 4, like maybe a 68 Dart GTS? that would be very cool....... sorry 4 all the ?'s, but i'm a newbie and really like those/your's under the hood hemi Dusters. they look like they could be factory built if musclecars hadn't been neutered after about 1971.
KenJ
THANX in advance for your time.

skypower, the pic of the lower shock mount (post#704) looks to be below the scrub line... please tell me I'm wrong.

Didn't see a reply... looks like the shock mounts will drag the car to a stop if the rear tire goes flat. (or tear the rear end out)

Attachments

• scrubline.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 772
Ken...I no longer own the '73 I built around 1995...I think it's been thru several owners and modifications ....and I believe it is now on the west coast, but I've never conversed w/ the latest owner.
I think Marks HemiDuster was built around '98 or '99 and Jim's HemiDemon was just completed late last year...I'm currently working on a front end similiar to the Demon for a '67 Cuda.
HemiMarks HemiDuster has been featured in several mags...and I'm sure Jims HemiDemon will be also as soon as it's seen outside this site and his hometown.

You did nail it...all were designed to look like a "factory" install including under the stock....no scoop... hoods

Ken...I no longer own the '73 I built around 1995...I think it's been thru several owners and modifications ....and I believe it is now on the west coast, but I've never conversed w/ the latest owner.
I think Marks HemiDuster was built around '98 or '99 and Jim's HemiDemon was just completed late last year...and I'm currently working on a front end similiar to the Demon for a '67 Cuda.
HemiMarks HemiDuster has been featured in several mags...and I'm sure Jims HemiDemon will be also as soon as it's seen outside this site and his hometown.
you did nail it...all were designed to look like a "factory" install including under the stock....no scoop... hoods

cool, thanx ......now you need John to make you a diecast to match your Duster. if he starts now, maybe he will be done when the 1:1 car is done :p

believe it or not...he's on it....ahhh...right John?

believe it or not...he's on it....ahhh...right John?
I have all of the parts and pieces here thanks to a free donor body
from my good friend Jim Thoren who owns Supercar Collectables
( www.supercar1.com).

I usually don't build much in the summer but it will eventually happen.

The last custom build I did was of Denny's GTX from when he was 16.

I've got exactly the correct rear wheels and tires (elsewhere)
to make one of these like Skypower's. It's a Hemi.

BlkSS-A2.jpg

Skywheels.jpg

Got a fresh set of these M/T's (in this exact size - 315/60R-15)
with 15x8.5 gray centered Torq-Thrust D's and matching 15x4.5
fronts with 205/75R-15's.

All are here....just have to get them mounted and balanced.

An alternative look to the Cragar set with the 315/60R-15 BFG
Drag Radials.

MTDennyc.jpg

-
Back