A-bodies.......Big motors

-
SSSSSSSSShhhhhhhhhhh...we thinking about making a full length feature .....not sure yet who will play me....maybe Mathew McConaughy,perhaps George Clooney....you??....is bozo the clown availabe????....he already has the red/orange hair,right??

stopped by Bouts and sweated the dash....nice and red...I think you are gonna like.....then Scruff and I got to work at the shop puttin together brake/clutch padel assembly,seat tracks,and motor goodies..just so I have all the bolts,gaskets,brackets ect.....Weeb stopped by and we did a few "what ifs" and then studied the Jan '72 Hot Rod with the Motown Missle Cuda on the cover and the '73 Car Craft with the Mopar Missle Duster on the cover....both issues are pristine. The Cuda Missle, I think built in '71....almost 40 years ago had the rack mounted in the K-frame just like I did (copied) when I built my '73 Hemi Duster in '94

stopped by Bouts and sweeted the dash....nice and red...I think you are ganna like.....then Scruff and I got to work at the shop puttin brake/clutch padal assembly,seat tracks,and motor goodies..just so I have all the bolts,gaskets.brackets ect.....Weeb stopped by and we did a few "what ifs" and studied the Jan '72 Hot Rod with the Motown Missle Cuda on the cover and the '73 Car Craft with the Mopar Missle Duster on the cover....both issues are pristine. The Cuda Missle, I think built in '71....almost 40 years ago had the rack mounted in the K-frame just like I had the one mounted when I built my '73 Hemi Duster in '94

how well did that work denny? any pictures?

Glad you asked....I bolted everything up similiar to what you have seen posted "around" lately....when I went for a ride I discovered I had some issues.While simply flipping the lower ball joints/steering arms side to side looked like it would do the trick,it was far from right. The car "floated" upon acceleration(bump steer),when I turned corners, the outside tire wanted to roll off the rim(ackerman issue)also because of the bump steer issue ,when I backed up, the car wanted to pull itself apart. After much effort( I even shortened a set of lower control arms and spaced the balljoint/steering arm out further in an attempt to get a least "neutral" ackerman. I finally solved the ackerman issue by modifying the stock spindles relocating the inner tie rod location between the drum(had to swap to 9" for room) and inner rim(had to use 15" rims)much like a Corvette. I also utilized a drag link (pictued in March '97 Mopar Muscle....my Hemi Duster on cover) with the rack and pinion to locate the inner tie rod joint in its proper location. It worked incredibly well...but when I started to build the front end for HemiMarks Duster, I realized if I were to use a spindle designed for a front steer application it would actually be a lot cheaper than modifying the stock ones....also utilizing the Mustang II spindle opens the door for numerous "after market" brake combinations.I realize it is possible to use stock spindles in a front steer application to some degree, but my experiece tells me without costly modification,ackerman and bumpsteer problems cannot be eliminated.they might be "addressed" ,but they are far from solved.I hope sometime you could see the K-frame package I built for Jim's Demon.....let me put it this way...its tight(Hemi/column shift auto/a/c/sorryno p/s)...and right...correct caster/camber for street...too many builders want drag racing specs..a lot of caster...appx 4" of travel while maintaining camber. I really wish there was an inexpensive front steer rack set-up that works correctly for a street application...but I've never seen one. Mopar to ya' Denny

way to go....I can't get Jodee off the floor she's laughin' so hard

I hope sometime you could see the K-frame package I built for Jim's Demon.....
How about this?

JD14.jpg

Hey HemiMark...hope you didn't mind the wisecrack....oh yeah...Happy New Year!!!!

This thread needs more pictures!

HemiMark's 528 "The Animal" - Preparing to install.

markeng2.jpg

Please refrain from that type of comment....our wives might be walking by.

nice...you do the install yourself??...shumaker stuff?....I always had a soft spot for 440 Dusters

I bought the car turn key a while back,yes it has schumaker coated headers. She's a mild:happy3: 30 over 440 with RMVB 727, and 8.75 rear. I'm looking for some original buckets (has racing seats) and get her back in to factory looking form. She cruises well and turns head just the same. You just don't see many around anymore. I'm looking to install an upgraded fuel system. Maybe put a tank back in. She has a fuel cell now.

Supernatural.....I like your thinkin'....I don't know who came up with the bright idea of "race buckets'' in street cars....man are they hard on the rear!!...I also learned my lesson with the trailer queens...the absolute most fun...is the cruisen'......

Supernatural.....I like your thinkin'....I don't know who came up with the bright idea of "race buckets'' in street cars....man are they hard on the rear!!...I also learned my lesson with the trailer queens...the absolute most fun...is the cruisen'......

you got that right!

Hey HemiMark...hope you didn't mind the wisecrack....oh yeah...Happy New Year!!!!

How did I miss half of these post! I didn't mind them at all Matthew!

I will send the mounts next week. Been really busy with the new menu. I also had to ramp up the wheel tub removal on the Demon. The chassis guy is ready for it!

I'm headed to OSU this weekend to watch Miami get there butts beat!
Mark

Bout time (hey ...that sounds like my painter) you check in with us "also rans"

Good luck against the Redskins....I guess now the PC name is Redbuzzards(Hawks).....maybe i'll be aTV game

we'll be sittin' by the TV...holdin' our breath!

not our big ten...we got mich vs mich state...sucks eh???

saw the OSU web site w/scores and Sergio interview.....Dandy!!!

Here's my new avatar and some (finally) good body pics.

DennysShop01-21-11129.jpg

DennysShop01-21-11133.jpg

DennysShop01-21-11159.jpg

DennysShop01-21-11160.jpg

DennysShop01-21-11161.jpg

DennysShop01-21-11166.jpg

DennysShop01-21-11167.jpg

DennysShop01-21-11168.jpg

DennysShop01-21-11154.jpg

DennysShop01-21-11139.jpg

DennysShop01-21-11141.jpg

DennysShop01-21-11151.jpg