A-bodies.......Big motors

-
do you think my "nap time" and "dunlop desease" comments were what Rapidtransitric was referring to when he mentioned "sleeping giant"?....probably not...heh heh!

Well boys, I made it home through the f-ing rain and snow! what a trip that was. I was treated to a tour of k-frames, wheels and an all aluminum hemi..... what a great weekend!

glad you beat the worst of the snow... thanks for the detour to Findlay Sat morning

Denny and Jodee

So correct me if I am wrong but, I was thinking I was living in a Moparless region while the entire time I had a man with amazing A bodies living in Hunington which i visit regulararly? Btw, are there any drag strips near Hunington?

thats what I thought too....thats why I finally(almost 5 years) moved back...and the fact my wife got transferred back to the "motherland"...drag strips near Huntington...I used to pass one on I-64 about an hour and a half east of the KY/WV line...on the way to Lexington,Ky...looked nice

I am in Pikeville ky...i dont really expect you to know where that is but the closest drag strip i found is clay city which is 2 hours away almost and there is nothing to do it nice little clay city so I was hopping there would be one in Hunington. I am from Cincinnati which is pretty much prime location for drag strips considering we have two in Cincinnati and Colombus is only a hour and a half away so when i moved down here I felt like I was moving to Mars.

jumpin in here late in the day denny. but i am going to do my dambdest to join you guys sounds like it'll be a blast. as far as the sleeping giant the clutch foot and the gas foot are so cramped with adrenalin just thinking about it just wait til we're there!! HOLY S**T...

Uh.....You forgot to mention that you were pulling an open trailer with
Vinnie's Duster on it through all of that rain and snow.

I did forget that part of the story! And I forgot to call you back! pssssst......Between you and me........ I got a freaking wood when I saw that aluminum hemi!

I wasn't going to say anything...I just thought you were glad to see me......Don't forget to UPS the motor mounts goofball!

hey doogievig...I been thru Pikeville...going south on RT 23 on my way to Bristol for the cup race a couple of years ago...man , you are in Noparland!

i managed to find a girl in class who is big into mopars though and her dad has a berracuda and a charger so hopefully i got someone to talk to and maybe go to the strip with. Is bristol pretty far from my area though...i have always wanted to visit thunder valley

Inside HemiDenny's assembly area today.....

Headers are "Clear powder coated".......

Scruffy is in charge of security.......

DennysShop12-23-10020.jpg

DennysShop12-23-10026.jpg

DennysShop12-23-10023.jpg

DennysShop12-23-10025.jpg

not mine...no skinnies....fatties :eek:

Leave in the EARLY AM for Akron to pick up the Demon

Those wheels(rallies) are small bolt pattern,...they were originally on my slime green 73 Duster...made to work with the modified spindles on my first hemi/rack and pinion install(circa 1994)...gonna go on my gold Duster come warm weather.

I did have them powdercoated the same color as yours(Jim) and by the same guys in Huntington

Tonight I stopped by Bouts(about 1 1/2 mile down the road) and he unvailed my freshly painted silver Duster...next week...color sand/buff/undercoat/ and paint interior goodies...all should be back in my chop by end of Jan

just to clerify...headers are clear ceramic coated...not clear powdercoated...I don't think the latter will hold up to the heat...damn rookies!

-
Back