A-bodies.......Big motors

-
The boys are all over in PA this week....tonight at HemiMark's and
then tomorrow at 62BT409's to tweek the Demon.

The minute they arrived, Mark was unloading a 5.7 Hemi complete
with tranny and transfer case for his latest purchase below.

ByFD9ImkKGrHqIOKiIEwPnZw5JsBMQOGmpn9_12.jpg

Latest news:

If you haven't heard from HemiDenny for a bit it's because he (and his wife)
have sold their house in WV and are moving back to Ohio.

As soon as he gets his shop up and running his Hemi Duster will begin
final assembly.

Also, he purchased the 24,000 mile '70 Duster 6 cyl 3-spd from HemiMark
and yesterday Duster Dave drove it home from Pittsburg and I can see
it from my window as I type.

This car came from Nebraska and is so new it only needs a clean up. the
trunk is only "dusty"! It is slated for many more cubic inches.

attachment.php

HemiMark has lots of irons in the fire with his 68 Dart, 440 6-carb Demon
Pro-Touring project and 6.1 Hemi Dodge D200 crew-cab transplant.

Duster Dave has his '63 Plymouth Max-Wedge Police car ready for final
assembly as well.

Next year at the Nats should be interesting!

hee haw!!!...I'm back!!!!!...thanks to this site I'm stoked to get MY dustpan done....short block is comin over tomarrow for final assembly of complete motor/trans/overdrive/k-frame....then final assembly of rear.....after that I will mate em all up to my freshly painted body...I haven't been bustin my buddy Bout about finishing up because I had plenty of other stuff (moving ect.) to do. I'll bet I can even get brother John to take some pics and post em.....

The boys are all over in PA this week....tonight at HemiMark's and
then tomorrow at 62BT409's to tweek the Demon.

The minute they arrived, Mark was unloading a 5.7 Hemi complete
with tranny and transfer case for his latest purchase below.

ByFD9ImkKGrHqIOKiIEwPnZw5JsBMQOGmpn9_12.jpg

where are you gonna post that build mark? on here or on sweptlines.org

I'm not sure if they would like this build in here........ sweptlines.org willl be the place. I will keep you posted with a link in this thread!

i'll be looking forward to it. when you gonna start? gonna use the factory harness or aftermarket?

i'll be looking forward to it. when you gonna start? gonna use the factory harness or aftermarket?

I'm just starting to research this but TinCup has given me a good advice on an aftermarket harness from s&P................ I mat start in late Dec. early Jan..... i have way to many irons in the fire!

He may have given you good advice.....but the
only one that has given you great advice is me.

2011 ...Mopar Nats,Columbus....year of the Duster...sign up sheet is next to the mens room...I'll take the #1 and # 2 spot with my "project" and my recently aquired '70 Duster (thanks Pizza Man!).....who's next...lets not be bashfull

Put me down for #3 and dont forget your five thousand to take to the starter at the drags....... how many lights am I giving you? 8) Thanks for meeting for dinner and coming to the game. It was good to see you and Jody.
Mark

Oh-boy...I'm getten nervous already...how about you????....is you clutch pedal leg quiveren'?...as my friend Fig a.k.a.Tree (circa'69) used to say when we were mouthin' for a race..."comeon"

oh-yeah....great time last weekend...I checked the photos on the site you sent me...Dandy!..when you comin' for the weekends games???...thursday nite?..the bro's are lookin' forward to it and as Bro' John would say..."I'll alert the authorities".

SON OF A .....uhhh.....a guy I know!

I have to work ALL weekend !!!

Weeb says Mark owes him $15k.

3 holeshots @ $5k each with beer and lawn chairs in the trunk.

He also says he "lifted early" 'cause it was a done deal.

He vows to be at Bob Evans Saturday morning with the Duster
jetted fat and sporting snow tires if neccesary!

thats what Bro John says...come join us...our jaws are already flappin' and it's only Dec...kinda brings back the old days for some of us old farts...ya know ..the older we get ..the faster we was....just drag your stuff out and commence "bench racin'"

my heads been spinnin since i read this "the year of the duster" denny your invitation adds to the fire.. i've got alot of work to do but i think i'll do everything i can to commit to it. as far as bringing back the old days, you can't possibly realize the sleeping giant that will be awakened here

I am really impressed with your front suspension set up. :finga: Do you have any idea what you will be able to sell one for? Where did you get your control arms or did you make them? I have a post on front suspension where I am starting to build my own but I really like yours. Also did you consider power steering and how does it steer without it? My Duster does not have it but sometimes I wish it did.

Hemi Mark was in the area Sat so he stopped by to bulls&%t for a while..I showed him my latest generation K-frame pieces.I'm going to make six or so(now laser cut/better quality/more precise/and cheaper) and I told him I would give him one to replace the original one I built him since all the componets (rack, coilovers, ect will bolt right on ) then I'll sell a few. As Mark,Jim(Hemi Demon), and I can tell you..the K-frame is cheap...it's the rest of the pieces is where $$$$ adds up...I can now sell the basic K-frame for $495.00......my advise to anyone on a budget...keep the stock k-frame/torsion bar/steering box..but if you are racing(I'll be making a several of the aluminium version) or installing a Hemi were you don't have a choice because of room and especially if you want all of it to fit under a flat hood (thats why I don't make a power steering model) then spending the money makes sense. To use my K-frame requires tubular lower/upper control arms,/modified mustangII spindles/motor mounts of choice/shock tower brace/off the shelf coilover shocks/71-72 pinto rack,mount,balljoints,ect..another $2000-2500.depending on application........anyone interested ...e-mail me [email protected]

hey Rapidtransitric...I hope you will join us...since we can't qualify to be "young guns"....we'll be the"old farts"...requirements...thinning hair(greyish in color preferred),squeeky joints(and I'm don't mean somethin' you used to smoke) fadin' memory(exept about our youthful car adventures),dunlop disease, and C.S.S.(can't see ****). also added status for # of x-wives(must leave ALL mention/horror stories at home)....oh yeah..must have owned/street raced muscle car era Mopar...no pretenters...we can tell whose "walked the walk"

anyways....other activities besides bench-racin'(how fast we used to be/how cool we used to be/how dumb we used to be) ,talkin' about our Mopars(past ,present,&future) ,championship barbaqueing,include a minimium 1 hour nap time to ...you know...recharge the batteries

all comments welcome but we reserve the right to disregard anything we want(God...I still love this country!!)

-
Back