A-bodies.......Big motors

-
Old Business

Something I never posted before: The handbuilt headers I made
for the green Hemi Duster to work with a regular K-frame. The
torsion bars slid right through them and didn't touch anywhere.

1 7/8 equal length with 3" collectors.....lots and lots of pieces!

eng472hdrs.jpg

What stripes would you vote for? I'm sure that Denny has
his own ideas but I vote for a 70 340 style in a light gray.

What's going on with Jim's Demon?

Man, I love those headers.................. I know I have seen them before but they were in the car and harder to see and appreciate!

I like the 71 stripe my self......

Jim's Demon......... not sure. I need to give the big guy a call and make sure he still loves me! lol I was thinking about calling Jim to see what the cost would be to install air conditioning in a house I just bought. I may do that. You Findlay boys need to take a few pics of a 68 Dart that was rumored to be moving forward at the body shop???? And, on another front, I took Vincent to Chicago for a tryout for a Jr. A team and he broke his ankle! a players stick got wedged into his skate blade and boot and was twisted. The end result was a broken ankle. He will have an operation this Tuesday. the NHL Penguins surgeon will be doing the operation.... Dr. Chip Burke...... he is a good guy..................... I will keep you posted.

The Demon is on a sabbatical but due back in to action this coming week.

HemiMark has finished is portion of the work and done in a true professional manner with help from his crew

All is fine and should be on the road as I said this week to final assembly destination.

Mark....OUCH...tooo bad about Vincent, hope works out just fine.

Thanks Jim................ He is pissed that he is going to miss the start of the season. I give you a call this coming week and maybe we can get together and have a beer or 8!

The insides are painted.....The outside is next......

Hood and deck lid done.....doors and dash next...

DusterPaint1024.jpg

DusterPaint1021.jpg

DusterPaint1022.jpg

DusterPaint1035.jpg

DusterPaint1034.jpg

DusterPaint1011.jpg

DusterPaint1005.jpg

DusterPaint1013.jpg

Wow man was that painted or dipped in a bath of silver paint? Just kidding around the wheel tubs you can really see what a nice color it is!

what a nice color it is!
Actually, it really is kind of hard to photograph. It does (in person) look
like silver dipped in a vat of clear. You can kind of tell from the pic
showing the inner fender closeup.

Had my painter spray the 3M textured material down the insides of the
quarter panels by the trunk extensions for the "factory look".

Like digital pics usually do, they pick up all of the reflections you can't
even see with the naked eye.

Spent part of the afternoon picking out the red for the dash. I brought
the red leather covered tuff wheel and samples of the material covering
the seats, door panels and headliner. Remember, I live 4 hours from my
painter!

Also settled on a dark gray shade for the lightly textured truck bed/stone
guard paint for the inner fender areas and the bottom of the chassis
behind the trans crossmember. Should be a nice contrast to all of the
powder coated, cad-plated, cleared or anodized chassis parts.

Interior (under upholstery) areas were just sprayed a flat silver after all
of the seams were sealed. Paint finish target date: July 3rd.

DusterPaint1025.jpg

Hi, my name is Denny and I put Hemis in A-bodies for the street (a hobby; not a business). I currently have a '70 Duster under construction. I hope to participate in technical discussions here.
This latest car will have my own custom-built front K-member/subframe with coil-overs and disc brakes, a Hemi (of course!), An A833 Hemi trans (18 spline) with a Gear-vendor's overdrive and an 8.75 rear end. Full rear framerails and integrated subframe connectors, street-rod style 4-link and coil-overs in the rear and stretched wheelwells front and rear with 29" tall front tires (215/75R-15's on 15x4's) and 30" tall rears (315/60R15 Drag Radials on 15x10's).
The fab, bodywork and chassis are all pretty much done.......next the interior gets finished (have all the stuff), all the chassis parts and suspension get plated or powdercoated and then final paint and trim. It will probably be next summer until it's 100% as I just broke ground on a new house.

This Green '73 was my last one (that's me on the Mopar Muscle cover)......

115504ff.jpg
e82fc8bd.jpg

472-4-2.jpg
Welcome Denny! It's always good to have a person with as much knowledge as you on board. By the way I love the lime green and the Hemi ain't hurting things either. I wish I could afford a Hemi but I'll have to get by with the supercharged 340. I look forward to interacting with you.

Denny........I just returned from the pub with a fresh stone chip on the roof.......You have to love dump trucks!
Hey Mark do you go to the Wexford Cruise on Fridays? I'm from Valencia, pa (just north of Pittsburgh) and I go just about every Friday. I haven't been there this year because I'm having issues with the new modifications I did at the end of last season (new 3.55 third member, BBP axles, Wilwood BBP front disc brake conversion,wheels, tires and SS springs). I don't remember seeing your car there but hopefully we'll get to meet there sometime.

Nice screaming yellow zonker!

Do you know HemiMark? He has a Pizza Pub in Verona.

Stop on by at the Mopar Nat's!

HemiDenny, HemiMark, DusterDave et al would like to invite you to stop

by our encampment in the middle of the judged show field at the Nat's........

Our blue canopy will be up so bring your best Mopar and bench racin' stories.

We shouldn't be hard to find.......just look for HemiMark's orange Duster.

The best cruisin' will be at Heath, Ohio on Saturday night............

As usual, the big motor A-body talk wil be a flyin' around.........
gathering.gif

I should be there Denny. I don't know if I'm bringing the Dart this year but I never miss the Nats, and you're right the best cruising is in Heath. I was wondering why they let you get away with so much more there than on Brice and then I read a story in one of my Mopar magazines and found out the the police chief is a big Mopar nut! Anyway I'm looking forward to meeting you and Mark.

Nice screaming yellow zonker!

Do you know HemiMark? He has a Pizza Pub in Verona.
Thanks for the complement Denny. No I don't know Mark but I responded to the the thread and asked him if he went to the Wexford, Pa. cruise on Fridays. The norm there is 1500 cars and well over 2000 on a good night. I very familiar with Verona, my in-laws live in New kensington and my brother in-laws live near Oakmont. What's the name of Mark's pizza shop? I'm on a diet but I have a weakness for Pizza LOL.

I very familiar with Verona, my in-laws live in New kensington and my brother in-laws live near Oakmont. What's the name of Mark's pizza shop? I'm on a diet but I have a weakness for Pizza LOL.

Hello Boys..................... I was wondering when the thread would get the new pictures of the Silver Duster! Looks great.... Supercharged, I have not been out there as of yet. I am planing to go this year but not real sure which Friday I can sneek away.............. The Pub in located in plum PA but we are accross the street from the oakmont country club..............So verona mailing address.. its crazy......

I got to see the new "Silver Bullet" in person yesterday and I can tell
you that the things that show up in digital photos, like the weld bead
seams on the wheel tubs, just aren't there with the naked eye.........
They must be reflecting the light of the flash.

This baby is smooooth.................

Duster Dave bought a pretty decent '68 Dart last week.

Already mini-tubbed with a cage and super-stock springs.

No drivetrain but all the trim is good.

Looks like it might make a nice S/S type clone.

No pics yet.

Duster Dave bought a pretty decent '68 Dart last week.

Already mini-tubbed with a cage and super-stock springs.

No drivetrain but all the trim is good.

Looks like it might make a nice S/S type clone.

No pics yet.

Lets get some. I have to say you boys are really slow to post pics!!!! LOL

-
Back