A-bodies.......Big motors

-
I always loved Hemis I just thought it was pointless to run one if your not gonna get close to a 1000hp out of it. You can get close to 600hp out of a small block which is much lighter and way better handling.Just trying to convert you you a little better driveability.lol

'electrostatic primer'...Whats the benefit in doing that?
After acid dipping, the entire body is dipped in an electrically charged
primer solution that bonds it with the metal.....just like on new cars.

....and yes, it should be pretty much rust proof....especially since it
will never again be exposed to bad weather or road salts.

My car then 1974 and now...

Scan17_0017_017_1_0034_034.jpg

Scan20_0020_020_1_0031_031.jpg

Scan12_0011_011_0055_055.jpg

R1-10.jpg

381630-R1-071-34_031.jpg

I always loved Hemis I just thought it was pointless to run one if your not gonna get close to a 1000hp out of it. You can get close to 600hp out of a small block which is much lighter and way better handling.Just trying to convert you you a little better driveability.lol

You could get 600 hp out of a small block and at the end of the day you would still have a small block............NO offense, I like small blocks. The only reason I like Hemi's more is changing spark plugs is easier.. :thebirdm:

Also, My bet would be if 8 out of 10 people were offered a 600hp small block or a 600hp hemi, they would take the hemi...... :cheers:

I always loved Hemis I just thought it was pointless to run one if your
not gonna get close to a 1000hp out of it.

I've been the 472, 528 & race car route. You may be missing the point.
When this is done I intend to posses the most perfect street car that
I can imagine that could have been bought (stock) in 1969-1971.

It's going to have a stock 70-71 hydraulic Street Hemi camshaft in it
and it will start and run like a stock 383 Roadrunner. With the headers,
roller rockers, and modern ignition technology it will probably make about
500-525 hp.

In my mind's eye this car is more like a musclecar version of a street rod.
It's got A/C and overdrive and may be under 3000 lbs. It will be light, crisp,
quick and steer like a new Honda......and I'll bet it will still run in the 11's.

You can get close to 600hp out of a small block which is much lighter.

Maybe with one set on TILT.........but you aren't going to get any 600 hp
out of a small block with a stock camshaft and stock driveability.

An iron block Street Hemi with aluminum heads, intake, water pump & housing,
motor mount pads and lightweight tube headers should be within 20-30 lbs of
a fully dressed small block with cast iron exhaust manifolds. This motor, with
the aluminum block, should be over 100 lbs lighter than that.

After acid dipping, the entire body is dipped in an electrically charged
primer solution that bonds it with the metal.....just like on new cars.

....and yes, it should be pretty much rust proof....especially since it
will never again be exposed to bad weather or road salts.

Thanks for that!
Do you mind me asking how much roughly it costs to do that?
Its cool if you dont wanna say.

Cant wait to see your car finished!
Hope all is well!

Cool!

Il let you know what it costs us to do it in aus when i found out!

Cant wait to see your car finished!

An you MUST take it to the quarter mile!
:D

Update - Progressing with interior and trim fitment.
Engine in the machine shop. Everything is here.
Definately downhill from here. Almost ready for paint.

Front1.jpg

RedInt1.jpg

RedInt2.jpg

RedInt3.jpg

RRinside.jpg

Insiderear.jpg

Inside3.jpg

TransOD2.jpg

[/quote]

Those are some hellacious red seats. I like it. I guess they are factory seats?

yep...,nothin' but stock issue for me...actually I think they are '75 or'76, but I didn't like the covers for those years, so I had the guys at Ledgendary make covers similiar to my brothers '72 Twister covers. I was hopin' you' like em'.....You don't think the red is a little much do you????....Denny

Denny, I met you and your brother at one of the Mopar Nationals held at INDY one year. I was new to going the Nationals and did not know anyone. You guys flaged me down while I was looking for a spot to park and you had me park next to your cars and set me up under your tent for shade. It was freeking hot that year. That made my day to hang out with you guys. I thought this would be a chance to say THANK YOU again.
...................... Super Nice Guys Everyone...................................
I see your working on another project, looks like its going to be very cool, very clean looking. And I like the red interior.
Looking forward to watching the progress as the car is put together. This is a really cool web site.
John

Of course there gonna take the hemi because its worth more especially a aluminum block hemi.You can build 3 600hp small blocks for the price of a aluminum hemi.I was also saying I wouldnt spend that kind of money if i wasnt getting around a 1000hp. I was just trying to say that small blocks make better street cars because there alot lighter which in return make the car handle way better. Your aluminum hemi is close to the weight of a small block though. Hemis are great motors for drag racing and ive always loved hemis. Wasnt trying to dis the greatest motor ever made. Good luck with your build.
Beautiful car and excellent work your doing!

hey John in MT. Vernon, good to hear from you...if you ever get to the 'nats in Columbus, look "us" up, we've added a couple of "brothers" I swear each year we have more fun..we are always in the "show area" on the west side(we love the reserve parking!!!) please join the fun....Mopar to ya'....Denny

Sharko, man you are on the money...you can build a small block that flies for a hell of a lot less, In my street racin' days a basically warmed over 440 was to me the best for the money,but please don't tell my wife any of this. I just love the visual, not to mention it reminds me of the 70's era of pro stock..Carlton,Sox,Landy just to name a few. Thats what I like...call me crazy....Mopar to ya!!! Denny

"The Brothers"? Is there a secret society?

Its no secret that my relationship with the Boy's from Ohio has grone into a strong, almost family style relationship but without the fighting! Denny, John,Weeb are more like brothers to me than my own brothers (except Matt). I do find it interesting that you, Old Man, have one post and choose to pick this thread to start posting? I smell Sushi.........................

-
Back