A-body K Members

-

wheelsport

Reaction score
A long-time early A-body owner and friend passed away recently. He was a member of the Cascade Pacific Plymouth Club from almost its inception. The '67 Barracuda Commando coupe he purchased new is still in his garage. It looks like the day it came off the showroom floor except for the vintage Cragers and red-line tires. Like most MOPAR guys he had a stash of parts laying around. Among the stash are, what I believe, are a couple of A-body K members. He also has a two-barrel slant six intake/exhaust manifold and a couple of two-barrel slant-six carbs he was planning to install on his Valiant Signet. His wife wants to know if these parts have any value. She is keeping the Barracuda and giving the Signet to her grandkids when friends finish putting it together, in completely stock condition.

Sorry about the time lapse but lots going on. The 2-barrel manifold was used on the '76 "Feather Duster" and '77 and newer "Super Six". It also was used in the Assie version of the Valiant. The K members appear to be in good condition. There are also both lower control arms along with brake drums and an aluminum case, what I think, is a 904 tranny.

000_0875.JPG

000_0877.JPG

000_0878.JPG

000_0881.JPG

000_0880.JPG

000_0882.JPG

000_0883.JPG

000_0884.JPG

000_0885.JPG

000_0879.JPG

Last edited:
Old crusty paint K frame looks like a ‘67, fresh looking black painted looks like ‘68 - ‘72 and both V8.

The Super Six set-up (intake, exhaust, and carb) assuming all are in good shape should get about $250 or so. Those would be an outstanding addition to the Valiant if they are willing to consider the upgrade.

@hemi71x might be interested in the LCA's, he rebuilds them.

Because of the high starter mount, the automatic is a slant six A904

Old crusty paint K frame looks like a ‘67, fresh looking black painted looks like ‘68 - ‘72 and both V8.
The top one a 67? I would guess so--it appears to have the 67 only idler arm mount.

OP you can go to here and id K members

Concerning the K member.
I recently shipped a K member from Indy to Central Fl for about $200.00 including the box.
Shipped via Fed Ex.
They had a standard Fed Ex shipping box the K member fit into.
Shipped a lot cheaper than I thought it would.

The Super Six set-up (intake, exhaust, and carb) assuming all are in good shape should get about $250 or so. Those would be an outstanding addition to the Valiant if they are willing to consider the upgrade.

@hemi71x might be interested in the LCA's, he rebuilds them.
Pardon my stupidity but what's a LCA?

They made both an aluminum and cast iron 2bbl intake. The Feather Duster and Dart Lite should have the aluminum version. Both photos of the lower control arm are a passenger side. The 904 looks like a '66-67 from behind a 273. If you post the numbers off the driver side pan rail, I can get you a more detailed result.

Is there a market for the K-members? I'll check the tranny pan rail numbers. 67dart thinks it is for six. I pictured only one of LCA's. There are also two finned brake drums not pictured.

The 2-barrel manifold was used on the '76 "Feather Duster"

No. The Feather Duster and Dart Lite had an aluminum 1-barrel intake.

and '77 and newer "Super Six".

Yes.

It also was used in the Assie version of the Valiant.

No. The 2bbl setup used in Australia, South Africa, and other countries used an intake different than the US "Super Six" item shown here.

Your one carburetor, shown rightside-up, appears to be a '66-'69 273 or 318 item; with the 4-digit number off the blue tag it could be identified more specifically. If the other carburetor has a tag, it could be identified, too.

Your exhaust manifold doesn't go with the Super Six intake; it's a '70-'72 item not compatible with the Super Six choke, but sometimes in demand for other reasons (and a № 1232 electric choke kit makes it compatible with the 2bbl setup, though you have to make a blockoff plate and gasket for the exhaust manifold's open-hole stove).

-
Back