A-Body Round #2- My '76 Scamp restore...

-
Looks like a proverbial "black box" to me! Who are you trying to impress? Judges at a car show? Fellow enthusiasts? Or are you simply trying to create 'functional'? BTW, looks like a Bud Industries enclosure. Am I right??
Just clean/functional is the goal. Not worried about show judges at all as it'd never win anything at one of those anyway.

It is Bud Industries indeed.

Thank for the feedback!

Last edited:
Got all the Sniper harnesses run neatly into the junction box. Made a harness for the distributor and Coil and got it run into the box. Also merged IGN 1 & IGN2 and got them run into the box so I can connect it to the magic pink wire that Holley stresses....

Next will be a harness from the electric fan to the junction box. Then a harness from the junction box to the back of the car to connect to the battery and fuel pump...

Still a long way to go but I feel like I'm closing in on it. My original hope of having it run by Spring has passed obviously... Now hoping to have it running well before July 4 so I can roll in it up to my folks house in OH again this year.

20240512_154109.jpg

Amazing job. I did not go through the entire thread but I would love to know the HP a slant six should make with your setup.

Well, the time has come to try to see if the Scamp will start. There's a lot of stuff I need to cut out of the factory harness before I rewrap it, but I'm wanting to make sure it runs first. The new Sniper wiring is all in and clean/wrapped. Also just have the vacuum lines temporarily installed and will do a cleaner job on them.

I'm hoping for a good day tomorrow of adding fluids and hopefully getting it to make noise... fingers crossed...

20240525_173019.jpg
20240525_173032.jpg
20240525_173047.jpg
20240525_173100.jpg
20240525_173108.jpg

I fought getting the fuel pump to run most of the day but finally found a bad ground. Once that was fixed, I got it to start. Runs for about 4-5 seconds then stalls, but at least starts. I'm sure it's a timing issue. Battery died so I decided to put it on the charger and give it another shot tomorrow. I consider today a win.

Good progress today... plenty more to go.... anxious to let the Sniper "learn" to improve the mixture and also get it out of the garage where throttle can be sustained a bit- the quick on/off revs seem to make a hammering noise in the garage as the blowoff valve opens and closes... may end up needing to get the larger 4" pulley instead of 3.5" in order to slow the blower down a bit...

Currently waiting on some more Lokar stuff to arrive so I can finish the throttle and kickdown cables... need to get it to the exhaust shop to have them make a modification to the pipe as with the new location it just barely rubs against the tranny linkage... then clean up wiring, hood back on, grill back in, and try to put some miles on it... also doesn't seem the fuel gage is working with the new tank so will need to figure that out... still lots to do, but today was a good day.

Cut all the now unused wires out of the factory harness, rewrapped it with the non-adhesive vinyl like original, and reinstalled. I believe engine bay wiring is now complete.

Hope to get the grill and lights back in tomorrow night.

20240528_205537.jpg
20240528_205529.jpg
20240528_221448.jpg

-
Back