A/C box rebuild

-

Clelan

Inferno Red Duster
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I need someone to restore my Heat/A/C box in my 74 Duster. It is a factory AC car. I intend to use a modern underhood kit to replace all those underhood parts.

The parts came disassembled in a box (Unfortunately not a heater box) so i don't know for sure if all the parts are even there. There is a hole in part of the housing, but that could be fiberglassed easy enough.

I was hoping that I could send it to a reputable place to send me back a unit complete and ready to reinstall. Just wondering where to send it.

Cley

Have you used Mr Heaterbox? I'd like to avoid cross border shipping, and the loonie is way down, but I also want to use someone who I can trust with my parts.

Cley

Never for heaterbox stuff, they re-do factory tachs as well as recalibrate speedometers. They have to redo one factory tach they did (warranty) as its off a bit.

Thanks, I just sent them an email. Their site shows they only do A body Heat/A/C boxes to 73. I hope they can help me out.

Cley

I never could get a reply either that might tell you something.Heater box guy was really good to deal with and cheaper.And quality of work was great

I never could get a reply either that might tell you something.Heater box guy was really good to deal with and cheaper.And quality of work was great

I emailed heaterbox guy yesterday. I haven't heard back yet. Mr. Heaterbox said he had never done a 74 box. Said he would try, but never made me feel very confident.

Cley

I emailed heaterbox guy yesterday. I haven't heard back yet. Mr. Heaterbox said he had never done a 74 box. Said he would try, but never made me feel very confident.

Cley

I know www.theheaterboxguy.com His Spot at Carlisle is next door to mine. I think he is P203-P204. He's a great guy and does great work. Has low overhead as he is a one man show. Read... he does them all himself. He may have one ready to exchange. Tell him Mitch said Hi.

Well, a guy that calls himself Mopar Rich must be a decent guy! Not easy to contact though. I left him an email and a voicemail, but no reply yet.

Cley

Hope nothing bad has happened to him. He is a one man show. I expect to see him in July at P204 in Carlisle.

He called me back. Seems like a great guy. I guess my email never got through. I'm pretty sure i'll be sending my stuff to him.

Cley

-
Back