A/C on the hot rod cruiser

-
Vintage air is what ya need longgone, A friend of mine has installed many at the rod shop he worked at and said they are complete and hazel free.
I here ya bud :clock: It's been 99f here this week and Victoria has not moved and ether have I.
I picked the hottest week we have had to start my dental work.
I am looking forward to some input on this thread myself

I just installed the gen II super from vintage in my 73 duster..it cools great and the temp here in texas today was 102 in my town...I was able to run the fan on medium and be comfortable...vintage does not sell a sure fit for the duster...I bought the compressor and bracket from bouchilon and
it is a shorty...bought the condensor and hose kit from vintage...I have friends who have the classic unit...it is much smaller and has 2" ducts...my vintage has 2 1/2" ducts and blows harder. My duster is harder to cool than most because of the fold down rear seat which lets in hot air from the trunk...however so far no problem...I made a plate and painted it to cover up where the blower motor came through....will try and post some pictures soon...I also made a plate and removed the sliding heater controls and installed the four control knobs from vintage... it looks factory..vintage unit used no cables...electric heater control valve also. I will confess...it was not easy to do what I did...but kinda like having a baby...now that its over....well worth it..I will be driving two hours this saturday to a cruise...supposed to be 103...but I am smiling...:)

Bouchillon? Will you adopt me? I can't even afford to LOOK at their web site. LOL

-
Back