A Dodge!

-

GDC

Reaction score
Hi.
Just joined the forum as I just got a new project car in my garage. Just bought myself a Dart 67 convertible.

It does indeed need a fair amount of work.

The plan for the build is roughly
- Install 360 small block, mild upgrade to get some power but still driveable
- Install 727 Automatic
- Install 8.75 rear end
- Install OEM 4-piston disc brakes front
- Install subframe connectors (weld-in)
- Install sway bars front & rear
- Install New Shocks / Springs / Bushings / Ball joints etc.
- Install Bucket seats (OEM).
- Fix the dents and new paint.
- Replace rag top
- Steel wheels with hub caps.

Basically I will collect parts during spring and summer and start working on the car after the summer. (Need to finish my ongoing project car first).

Have been cruising around this forum quite a lot when laying out the plans for this build and will continue doing so as I find a lot of useful info here.
IMG_20190215_132505.jpg

Excellent plan, you'll like the 360/727 combo and weld in subframe connectors make a huge difference in torsional rigidity.

Welcome, and nice Dart and wagon.
What year wagon?

Dave
67 Pontiac Tempest. (Also an A-body but GM....). Been a forever project but if everything works out should be drivable this summer

Welcome to the Zoo!!!...from across the water.....Love your car, but then I'm a bit biased!

MORE PICS...we LUV pics here......

Hi.
Just joined the forum as I just got a new project car in my garage. Just bought myself a Dart 67 convertible.

It does indeed need a fair amount of work.

The plan for the build is roughly
- Install 360 small block, mild upgrade to get some power but still driveable
- Install 727 Automatic
- Install 8.75 rear end
- Install OEM 4-piston disc brakes front
- Install subframe connectors (weld-in)
- Install sway bars front & rear
- Install New Shocks / Springs / Bushings / Ball joints etc.
- Install Bucket seats (OEM).
- Fix the dents and new paint.
- Replace rag top
- Steel wheels with hub caps.

Basically I will collect parts during spring and summer and start working on the car after the summer. (Need to finish my ongoing project car first).

Have been cruising around this forum quite a lot when laying out the plans for this build and will continue doing so as I find a lot of useful info here.View attachment 1715290961
Welcome!
Super nice build!
I love convertibles

Hi Again
Just couldn't really stick to my plan and wait until after summer working on the Dodge. Had to get my fingers into it.
Rebuilt the junkyard OEM disc brakes that came loose with the car. It was a night-mare to get the old pistons out of the calipers so had to use the old grease gun trick in the end. Right now it's all done though with new pistons, seals, stainless steel tubing, new discs, new wheel studs, new wheel bearings and seals and some paint. Just to box away until rest of car done.
Also couldn't keep my fingers away from the 360 that also came with the car. Needed to open up and see what I was dealing with. Looks like so far I'm a bit of lucky dog here. The engine must have been rebuilt at some point as so far everything inside has been in decent condition even though it looked like crap on outside. It is bored what I can measure 0.030 over and bores look decent. Havent taken crank out yet but with some more luck the only things I will need to do to the short block will be new pistons to get a decent compression rate and normal wear parts.

IMG_20190330_200651.jpg

IMG_20190713_151300.jpg

IMG_20190716_194514.jpg

-
Back