A Message from Canada

-

triadpro

LM23HOR & BH23B9B
Reaction score
Hi All. I'm gaining on 60 years old and have been a hard core car guy my whole life. I'm as proud of the great cars that came out of Detroit as just about any American. I think that's probably true of most Canadian gearheads like me. When I've needed speed parts to feed my habit I've spent my money with many of the litany of great American aftermarket suppliers from Accel to Zoom. If you want quality performance parts you go to the USA. "Made in the USA" means something to us too! I'd rather scrounge the classifieds looking for a vintage piece, a hand tool for example, made in the US than go to the store and buy something new made in China. When your manufacturing jobs packed up and left they didn't come to Canada, they went to Asia, just like ours did. We're your friends and good neighbors, and when it comes to Fords, Chevys and especially Mopars we're your brothers. If any of this makes any sense to you and you hear someone dissing Canada please put in a good word for us. Thanks for listening!

Echo here. I'm a Canadian who has always been treated well in the USA. My wife is American, borne in Manhattan. we are 2 very different countries, both of which have been very good to my family.

We know the jobs went to China, and we love Canadian parts too. When I see the made in Canada stamp on parts I breathe a sigh of relief and say," ok I feel good about this part." I breathe the same sigh when I see a car was built in Canada. I like it! And we love Mopars together!

Amen. I wish some of our American "brothers" would ship up here(some do) I have shipped world wide(Aus and Europe) without any problems.

Hopefully this all gets straighten out, we are brothers I think. We all need are stuff made either place. The quality is much better than that China garbage.

Amen. I wish some of our American "brothers" would ship up here(some do) I have shipped world wide(Aus and Europe) without any problems.
I've shipped a few item from South Texas to the Northern border for a Canadian to pick up. I think that's the easiest way especially to save on import fees!! Everyone in Canada must know somebody (or has a friend who knows somebody) on the US border that will accept a shipment??? Treblig

Last edited:
I grew up in Buffalo, NY, a mile from Fort Erie, Ontario. We crossed over,walked or with our bikes, to swim at Sherkston ON. baby hole like it was just down the street.
Partied with Canadian's when our drinking age was 18 and you guys (and girls ! ) had to come over here and drink at 18. We always stand for your anthem, as it's played a lot at our events because of the proximity to our area. You guys are the same as us, in mind and spirit. You just have better beer, eh.

I say we are way more alike than different. I think it is unfortunate the hassel you guys endure for shipping.

I hope our 2 govn't get their heads on straight and come up with fair trade between our countries.

Yes, we are way more alike than different....the main difference is that them thar Canadiuns speechafie funny....LOL

I've shipped a few item from South Texas to the Northern border for a Canadian to pick up. I think that's the easiest way especially to save on import fees!! Everyone in Canada must know somebody (or has a friend who knows somebody) on the US border that will accept a shipment??? Treblig
Not so much.... I am at least a hard days drive to the US border. Once there I am in the middle of absolutely nowhere Northern Montana. LOVE making that drive.

My mother was born in Wisconsin, but my grandfather had dual citizenship. Mom went to school in Kenora, Ontario & to college in Edmonton.

Her brother & his single surviving son still live in Canada.

We are all related if you go back far enough.

Canadians always get the “Goodfella” from me!
We would adopt you guys but we also know your fiercely proud. LOL!

Here’s a couple of fist pounds to the chest and a couple of fist pumps in the air to you guys.

My company has the Bombardier (sp?) trains. A large group cams with them to explain and train us on the new equipment and we had a blast. What a great group of guys. All were awesome.

I just wanna know why governments can't be as reasonable as the people they represent?

I have always considered Canadians good friends and I will NEVER allow anyone to get away with saying anything bad about them. I work with a few of them at my job and they are good people. I too breath a sigh of relief when I see "MADE IN CANADA" on a part. The kind of garbage coming out of China is scary especially when your life depends on it. Even Moog now makes stuff in China (even though I hear that there is a premium line made in the USA nobody seems to sell them) and every time you drive the car you wonder if those Chinese suspension parts are gonna let go. Anyway I think that the Canadians are our allies and always will be. Thanks for the kind words about the USA.

Played first game of hockey in Mississauga been playing ever since. Half my beer league is from up North. Best man at my wedding was from Calgary. Nearest big city for us is Winnipeg. I have simply never seen or understood the political barriers between the two Countries. Only real difference is the Americans are all about Monday Night Football and just don't understand just how good Hockey night in Canada is! Need to let "coach" do a MNF game. As a US Marine I am fiercely proud of both Countries and will defend both.
Grapes rocks and go Jets!

I travel for a living. I feel safer on a Canidair jet then a Airbus. The French can't make a car, why would you want to fly in something they made? LOL

-
Back