a new whip hitting the streets...... plymouth suberbird

-
not so sure about that one
look's kind of "off" to me
the superbird was based on a "B" body not an "E" body,
the lines just don't flow correctly, I vote this one "FAIL"

Interesting, but I will agree that the porportions look off. They should take a stripped version for some high-bank time and Bonneville, video it and pop it out on youtube. Might give it some more 'credibility' as to really being "Form follows function."

Ok im going to go with not as good as i was thinking when i 1st seen the post it said new superbird i was thinking some thing new not a calley with a nose cone and a wing ... looks like a kit to me not i think the charger would have been a better one to go with just make it a 2 dorr not a 4 door

ODD! They have it based on Challenger but also have a remake of the RoadRunner so why not put the wing on the actual RR I think it would look way better
Id buy the RR and the wing but not the pimped out wanna be RoadRunner that is actual a Challenger
Got there wires crossed or what??

not so sure about that one
look's kind of "off" to me
the superbird was based on a "B" body not an "E" body,
the lines just don't flow correctly, I vote this one "FAIL"

Yes, they should be based off of the original b-body.
Why do the fender scoops on the hood overlap the fender gaps?
The center hood scoop does not excite me.
The "Daytona" would look better with the new Charger tail lights.
The ad says that the headlights "pop up", but in the Daytona picture, they are hidden under see through cover and don't pop up.
The engine is a 345 ci supercharged (5.7L Hemi?). - Why not supercharge the new 392 Hemi that is available in the new SRT Challengers?
Has this been aerodynamically designed in a wind tunnel like the original, or just copied and adapted to the new body?
Why is the front fascia made of PLASTIC? Wouldn't this distort under wind forces at high speeds. Should be made of steel or aluminum.
Who is HPP and how stable of a company is it??
Will these be legal to race in NASCAR???
Is the wing properly braced to the trunk floor, or just bolted to the top of the rear quarters?
What kind of top speed can they reach?
Will they be limited production or sell as many as we can?
Is the Plymouth name going to be brought back, or just used for this model?

Will these be "worthy" of the name, or just knockoffs just to live off of the legend of the original Daytona and Superbird and not live up to the standards set by the originals?

From what I see here, they are not worthy...

They may want to rename it "Super Turd"...

Ive seen one in person and it looked like a ricer got ahold of a challenger and a bucket of fiberglass resin. I can't believe what they think people would pay for that!

Well I like it..... It's just different compared to the other car on the road now, we need these new cars to be able to whoop some *** on the furds and chebbys let's face it that's the new generation even tho its nothing like an actual rr its still pretty cool

Well I like it..... It's just different compared to the other car on the road now, we need these new cars to be able to whoop some *** on the furds and chebbys let's face it that's the new generation even tho its nothing like an actual rr its still pretty cool

Looking at it from a performance angle:

* We don't know if the nose and wing were actually tested in a wind tunnel to see if it helps or actually hurts aerodynamics and stability. But there aren't many places you could take advantage of any benefits anyway.

* The added weight of the nose and wing would actually hurt performance compared to similarly powerd cares without the add-ons.

* Didn't the feds pass a law that retractable headlights were no longer legal on production cars?

I agree with the comments here, but lets not forget, when the originals came out, they were big ugly monsters too. Maybe our kids will think these are cool. When E-bodies came out in 1970, nobody in our neck of the woods would be caught dead in one of them rounded off Camaro wanna-bes. I wouldn't buy one of these new Birds, but I'm a dinosaur now anyway.

It's interesting, but dumb.
I really hate the **** eating grin on the front......
Fail.

-
Back