A New Year brings new motivation

-
Well as part of my ADHD that my wife says I suffer from, I've taken a break from the the torque box fabrication to repair the rusty trunk well.
I was going to use a jobber pice from a member,but due to a lack of communication and my impaitence, I decided to sacrafice a piece from one of my parts cars.

trunk0.jpg

trunk1.jpg

trunk2.jpg

trunk3.jpg

Must be nice,to just walk in the yard and chop rust-free parts for use!Can,t do that in Ontario(Freakin rust)Nice job by the way!

I wish I had rust free doner parts cars pettyblu,the piece I used was from a '70 Duster I had already sand blasted and epoxied, so I knew it was good. If I decide to restore the '70 Duster, I'll have to buy a complete trunk floor for it.:)

Man I wish I could do that to my car. O'well. It is at least fairly clean. I know what you mean by getting "one" of my projects going. I actually had 9 at one time and decided to get rid of all of them and go back to A-body barracuda's just last December. I had a couple of years of AMC racing going on. It happened by accident. My Dad past away and left me all of his AMC's.

Man I wish I could do that to my car. O'well. It is at least fairly clean. I know what you mean by getting "one" of my projects going. I actually had 9 at one time and decided to get rid of all of them and go back to A-body barracuda's just last December. I had a couple of years of AMC racing going on. It happened by accident. My Dad past away and left me all of his AMC's.

Your car is awesome an you will be finished in a matter of days,unlike my slow a$$:-k..........Yes you can never have to many parts cars and I'm sure your count will slowly increase once again....lol

Looks good so far, wish I could get to mine, but just had knee surgery on Thursday, so will have to wait a bit longer.
Dwayne

Thanks guys for all the compliments, it helps keep me motivated....:smile: I'm sure this trip to Vegas will give me a kick in the pants to get this project finished:drinkers:. It's actually starting to melt around here which gives me a little more incentive to hurry up as well.
Take care of that knee Dwayne so you can get out there and find me some more A bodies to buy.....lol

nice looking project....
i didn't know there were so many Saskatchewan boys on this forum :)

Well I haven't updated this thread for quite a while.........mainly because i've done very little since my last post:angry7:
I have a feeling that our nice days here are coming to an end, so I finished up a couple of welds and sprayed some epoxy primer on the bare metal.
I'm going to use spray in box liner on the underside and then run my lines and start putting my B body 8 3/4 under it.
Oh yeah...I have Robzilla to thank for my sudden burst of motivation:thumrigh:

ep789.jpg

epoxy.jpg

Looking good Retsud 043.Just hope you can stay motivated to atleast get it rolling again!Who knows,you might go non-stop and get the drivetrain in!Keep up the good work!

P.S Isn,t that boxliner stuff heavy?

Looking good Retsud 043.Just hope you can stay motivated to atleast get it rolling again!Who knows,you might go non-stop and get the drivetrain in!Keep up the good work!

P.S Isn,t that boxliner stuff heavy?

Thanks for the vote of confidence pettyblu:)..........I'm going to reduce the hell out of it an spray it on with my old JGA devilbiss suction feed gun. I've done this before with great results. It leaves a smooth finish that resembles por15. A little goes a long way....I'll maybe use a 1/2 jug at the most,which won't add much weight.
I'd rather have a car that has a coat of armour than a couple tenth's of a second faster car....JMO

Wow Chris, You keep up this pace and you might be able to go cruise'n in the Spring!

Well in the spirit of getting this project rolling again, I went to a friends place and picked up a 1971 Chrysler Newport Custom for the 489 sure grip,pitman arm and the 11" rear brakes.
Yatch.jpg

Yatch1.jpg

Oh yeah, Rob, it's not an A body this time at least:toothy10:

Yatch.jpg

Yatch1.jpg

Well I put the 'ol land barge on the hoist, took off the rear wheels,and to my suprise I see the factory keepers on the axle studs. When was the last time you saw a 38 year old car with the original brakes.
I proceeded to take off the drums, and after a little brake clean, I found the brake hardware is like new and the axles are hardly even rusted. This is hard to believe considering this is a Saskatchewan car......

boat.jpg

orig..jpg

like new.jpg

yippee.jpg

Well the 489 is out, but it is no sure grip....no biggie. I threw in a pre 742 pig in it just so it can be rolled around.
The brakes are put on the shelf until I get my B body housing ready to go.
Now I am looking at the pitman arm, which doesn't look too fun to get off of there. I'm gonna post a question in the steering forum to make sure the swap will do what I want it to.

Well I didn't do too much this week.......I've been busy winterizing the camper and doing some last minute yard work:angry7:
The only thing I have done for the Duster is dug out a spool type K member and a some B body 8 3/4's. I am going to media blast them on Tuesday and possibly get them powdercoated (if my connection comes through for me).
I have been having fun with rust removal using electrolysis on some parts...and yes.....it is actually fun:toothy7:, or is it only fun because I've led a sheltered life????:-k

inventory.jpg

Electrolysis.jpg

-
Back