A Pillar convertible

-

sparksfly121

67 Dart GT Conv
Reaction score
Is the A Pillar on the 67 Dart convertible supposed to be chrome? The original is so old I can’t tell.

Inside or out?

My 67 GT convertible outside is polished stainless, the inside is chromed plastic
15987309897606300446628354482275.jpg
15987310211804020268635308467643.jpg

Sorry. Inside. Chromed plastic, you say? So it should be as shiny as the chromed corner piece above it?

15987390335648547046815899404671.jpg
15987390580049067028911304182747.jpg
15987391214146187490488908906364.jpg
15987391743236775747428676391068.jpg
15987391936786497951094043921181.jpg
15987390335648547046815899404671.jpg

Let me know if you need anything else

(WOW my garage is an imbarassing mess)

Nice. Looks like yours is almost a twin to mine, except for the color. Mine’s a 273 V8 2bbl GT, Auto, California convertible, bench seat, factory AC, AM/FM radio, Map light (courtesy package), manual mirrors, etc etc. I recently got a part that has been missing since the 80’s and can’t wait to have it installed. Dash bezel for AM/FM radio / AC. About as rare a part as they come, and I FINALLY GOT ONE!!! so much excite.

Yep mine was my dad's, he bought it new in 67. So Cal car, daily driver, 318,000 miles, 273 2bbl, no A/C, no PS, no PB, KH front disks, automatic trans, bench seat, DD1 (lt. blue) color, black int. AM radio, remote driver's mirror, rally suspension package power top, and CAP. I have 2 pristine build sheets, the original bill of sale from Claud Short Dodge in Santa Monica, and 53 years of maintenance records and receipts.

I recently stumbled on 2 NOS radio/heater bezels, bought both, one was in the OEM box from 67.

The rocker trim is another part made from unobtanium.

Someone on eBay is selling a NOS 67 Dart heater bezel with radio delete. If it wasn't so pricy I would buy it, I can't imagine that there are more than a few of them in the world let alone ever made.

Where does your map light mount?

I had one of each 67 radio bezels NOS that got melted in my garage fire in 2013. Regular Heater/radio, A/C and radio, and heater/radio delete, but they are all in one now, I should take a picture of them but it will probably make people sick, I know it did me...

Here is my old 1967 273 4-bbl convertible copper/copper that got parted out about 10 years ago...

indiana barn 012.JPG

I had one of each 67 radio bezels NOS that got melted in my garage fire in 2013. Regular Heater/radio, A/C and radio, and heater/radio delete, but they are all in one now, I should take a picture of them but it will probably make people sick, I know it did me...
I’d like to see it. The one that I got that was missing for 30 years was part 2770573. AC dash bezel for AM/FM radio

I have seen them used but never NOS

Congrats.

This is the radio delete on eBay 300.00 is a bit much, I would pay it if I needed it but hard to justify for a speculative buy
s-l400 (7).jpg

MOPAR NOS 1967 DODGE DART DASH HEATER FACE PLATE PANEL 2770512 | eBay

I was surprised to see that there was chrome and argent and black on the NOS bezel. My originals are so yellow it is hard to tell what was chrome

Last edited:
Someone on eBay is selling a NOS 67 Dart heater bezel with radio delete. If it wasn't so pricy I would buy it, I can't imagine that there are more than a few of them in the world let alone ever made.

Where does your map light mount?

I wish I still had the build sheet. I found mine and stupidly stored it in the glove box. It got so dry-rotted that it disintegrated. Now the only thing keeping the originality of the car is my memory. I know there are repop bezels that you can buy from PG Classics, but mine is the only one they DON'T make.
re: the map light, it mounts just under the glove box. It is currently disconnected, and it's been a long time, so I don't have specifics. I also believe that the car may have originally come with a glovebox light, but not positive. It does have power steering, but no power brakes. I'd like to add a brake booster, but that's for another time.

Ok then I too have the map light. I thought it might be an up high light, like a dome light on the mirror or something. I think I call what you call the map light a courtesy light.

I thought it was odd too that the 67 gets no love from the repo people.

Skip the power brakes, my dad always said." The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble"

Mine did not have a light in the glove box. I think as a kid I pushed in the hole, wondering what it was for

Crazy question. My Dart had original Left Hand lug nuts. Did yours as well? Dumbass mechanics broke most of them off through the years, so I don't think there are any left. :/

Crazy question. My Dart had original Left Hand lug nuts. Did yours as well? Dumbass mechanics broke most of them off through the years, so I don't think there are any left. :/
Yes all Darts had left hand lugs studs on the drivers side until the 73 model year. I just sold a couple, they are almost unobtainium now...

Sorry. Inside. Chromed plastic, you say? So it should be as shiny as the chromed corner piece above it?
Almost, close as they could get it. Metalized chrome on plastic looks great when new but goes away with time. The plastic strip on a verts rear interior panels is another example. The stainless piece on the door will polish up to look new. Plastics have to be rechromed.

Hey sparks...good to see you back...haven't seen you for a while....
Good to see you 65! I’m finally trying to pull the trigger on this thing. I got some money saved up, and I got a couple rare parts that have lit a small fire under me to get this done. Fingers crossed!

With a lot of the tire monkeys these days, anyone who has left hand lug studs & nut on their cars would be best to change them to right hand. Most of them have no idea what left hand threads are & they wing the studs off because they were never educated about them & they don't pay attention. And what's really neat is to watch their faces when some DOES show them the difference. LMAO

Good to see you 65! I’m finally trying to pull the trigger on this thing. I got some money saved up, and I got a couple rare parts that have lit a small fire under me to get this done. Fingers crossed!
If you're looking to rechrome your plastic stuff, here's the place...Home Here's some stuff he did for me...not fast...not cheap...but absolutely beautiful...

67DartDashBezels-GCar2015.JPG

-
Back