ABodyBetty's new baby comes home!!!

-
Keep plugging away and Fern will be done in no time. I just wish I could get to work on my body more. Looking great.

Thanks man!
Just got a great deal on a wire welder.

Picked up some steel today. We will be redoing the rear wheel opening lips.
That'l be fun too!!:cheers:

Great work!! Lines are looking good too. Pretty close to paint, any more news on FOTO?

Thanks!
Now it's all the fine details and remembering not to sand down too far on the last skim. Will be blocking and stopping sooner than I do on the fill coats. Usually I rush into paint now and regret it later. I'll try to take a min. this time.

FOTO........
Took in a dozen Duncans to them before they opened today. Figured it might lube the gears a bit.
FOTO was on the rack at 10:30 when I drove by earlier! Heard from Yard Dawg they were calling him for the used flex plate and c-6 tranny on a 6.9 at the yard. They were supposed to call with estimate but have not called me yet. Yard dawg said we would have to go out in the AM and get the tranny dropped at the junk yard ourselves if I want it done sooner.
NO NEW FLEX PLATES AVAILABLE for FOTO any more...!!!! NONE!!!!
After I get it fixed I have 3 options;
1: SELL
2: Buy a second used flex plate as soon as I can find one and store it in the garage for next time (or 2 or 3 more)
3: Buy a different dually F-350 or bigger (1990 or newer, swap the beds, and repaint the NEW FOTO!!!!:cheers:

Yep! My luck still holding out.
I wouldn't even know what's going on with FOTO if it weren't for this town beeing so small and the tranny shop buying parts from Yard dawg all the time!:cheers:

Lost out on another one today! 89 Dodge Power Ram. That would make 5 vehicles sense friday with the only day none hauled was Sunday! That would have been a record month for me and those 5 cars! Most I ever hauled was 4 in a month!!! Let alone in a week. Yep, my luck. Car a day dream, but can't haul with no truck! That makes $700+ lost this week so far, I totally bumming out!!! Would have been my first self sufficient week.:angry7:

Guess we'll just have to work on Fern and make the best of it!:cheers:
Have a good one Popdart!8)
John...

Tune in next time to see if.......:clock:

Will 64dart170 weld with his new cheap a$$ welder even though he has no practicle experience on his own???......:read2:

Will 64dart170 ground out across his heart on the first trigger pull and shut him down so he makes the final Dart cruze in the sky??....:read2:

Will 64dart170 throw tools and cuss this time??.....:read2:

Will FOTO ever come home again in one piece???:angry7:

Tune in tomarrow to find out the answers to these questions and more here on ABB's new BB comes home!!!!:cheers:

better entertainment here on this thread than tv!

Thanks Plumcrazy!

Went by this morning getting my coffee at the Double D's and saw they had pulled FOTO back out of the garage last nite sometime. They didn't get any parts from us yesterday so I'm sure they didn't get it fixed yet unless they came up with a flex plate off a dusty shelf in back. (Happens alot in a small town)

But I'm pretty sure they put it back together to get it out of their way. I guess I'll be getting the bad news this morning from them. Me and Yard Dawg were going out to the yard to pull a tranny/flex combo out of a donor truck this morning but it's raining now. Yep luck still holding, all bad! Guess I'll be spending the rainy day on the phone flex tracking! Find a yard that pulls them for ya.

Have a safe day today FABO!!!
John8)

Sells at Home Depot for $275, made by Lincoln.

The Century 80GL flux-cored welder can weld 18 gauge sheet metal up to 1/8 inch steel. This 80 amp welder is great for general purpose metal repairs and building projects. This welder has two separate heat settings and an infinite wire speed control. Unit uses .035 flux-cored welding wire so no shielding gas is required. Sturdy wire feed design and multi-insulated transformer provides for reliable operation and long life. The Century 80GL includes installed welding gun, nozzle tip, starter spool of wire and operator's manual - so you can weld straight out of the box.

Safe cold wire design. Arc is not established until trigger is pulled.
Century 80GL has a welding range of 35-88 amps.
Unit weighs 46 pounds
1 year parts and labor warranty (90 days on gun and cable).
MFG Brand Name : Lincoln Electric
MFG Model # : K2501-1
MFG Part # : K2501-

Sells at Home Depot for $275, made by Lincoln.

The Century 80GL flux-cored welder can weld 18 gauge sheet metal up to 1/8 inch steel. This 80 amp welder is great for general purpose metal repairs and building projects. This welder has two separate heat settings and an infinite wire speed control. Unit uses .035 flux-cored welding wire so no shielding gas is required. Sturdy wire feed design and multi-insulated transformer provides for reliable operation and long life. The Century 80GL includes installed welding gun, nozzle tip, starter spool of wire and operator's manual - so you can weld straight out of the box.

Safe cold wire design. Arc is not established until trigger is pulled.
Century 80GL has a welding range of 35-88 amps.
Unit weighs 46 pounds
1 year parts and labor warranty (90 days on gun and cable).
MFG Brand Name : Lincoln Electric
MFG Model # : K2501-1
MFG Part # : K2501-

Thanks Popdart!
Cool!:read2:

I'll be off to Lowes in the Am for new tips!:cheers:

Welding! Got to love it!
The welder just paid for itself!
My buddy who usually does the welding would have charged me the same $100.00 today that the welder cost me to come out and weld.:cheers:

I LOVE WELDING!:love7:

Too bad I'm not any good at it yet, but will get better with practice.

Also don't have a helmet yet, just kept closing my eyes. The welds turn out much better if you can see while welding I bet!

One other question;
If you don't wear a helmet or welding smock, can you get "sunburned" from the arc exposure? I seem to have come up with some sunburn effect on forehead, face and arms!:munky2:

Well here's the pics!

See you all tomorrow!8)

Looking good John. Do not weld without a helmet. Yes you can get burned on any skin that is exposed. I have burned my eyes with them closed before. Doing a small maybe 10 minute repair without a helmet with my eyes closed. About an hour or two later my eyes started burning real bad and I could not open them after a while. Then they swelled up and started producing tears and stayed shut for the next 18 hrs. Not cool so be careful. If you have more welding to do I could bring up a helmet for ya but I wont be comming through untill around 10:30- 11:00. Your day is half over by then.LOL
I will throw it in the truck and run it by if you will be doing more welding. You better get practice with that thing you are going to need it for the giant hole I grinded in my truck.

Damn those Flexplates for them furds are super hard to find.......give this a look it maybe the only one in existance...lol
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...r_id=141197832996&ua=WXF?&itemid=390151115838

I got on the ford diesel forums and asked about f.o.t.o. they told me all 7.3 and 6.9 flexplates are the same as long as the 7.3 is a idi motor meaning early motor the powerstrokes were different balance starting in 97...

Looking good John. Do not weld without a helmet. Yes you can get burned on any skin that is exposed. I have burned my eyes with them closed before. Doing a small maybe 10 minute repair without a helmet with my eyes closed. About an hour or two later my eyes started burning real bad and I could not open them after a while. Then they swelled up and started producing tears and stayed shut for the next 18 hrs. Not cool so be careful. If you have more welding to do I could bring up a helmet for ya but I wont be comming through untill around 10:30- 11:00. Your day is half over by then.LOL
I will throw it in the truck and run it by if you will be doing more welding. You better get practice with that thing you are going to need it for the giant hole I grinded in my truck.

No problem. Bring the truck anytime your ready.
Your borrowed helmet would be a great help sense I wont be able to spend the money on one till after FOTO get fixed. Would love to have the helmet for a couple of weeks if your not using. More welding needed on Fern. Also have to weld patches in floor on FOTO along the rockers. The holes in the floor are bigger than the one on your truck. Then will have to weld complete drivers rocker clip and fender rebuild on Lump. I'll be welding from now till past when the snow flys!!:cheers:
I totally got arc burned. It's different than a sunburn. More intense and feels like ants crawling on ya! Pass the coco butter! LOL!!:-D
If I'm not here when you stop with the helmet, please just put on pass floorboard of Fern.
Thanks! John8)

Damn those Flexplates for them furds are super hard to find.......give this a look it maybe the only one in existance...lol
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...r_id=141197832996&ua=WXF?&itemid=390151115838

I got on the ford diesel forums and asked about f.o.t.o. they told me all 7.3 and 6.9 flexplates are the same as long as the 7.3 is a idi motor meaning early motor the powerstrokes were different balance starting in 97...

Wrong plate, but thanks anyway.
I did buy one last night on Ebay. Only one available. $50.00 + 14 shipping. What a freekin bargin!!!:cheers:! I would have bought 1 more if they had another.
Never heard back from Yard Dawg (Bobby). I hope him and Scottie got my tranny/torq/flex needed. I'll use the one off ebay as my spare in the garage.
I'm also going back down to tranny shop this morning. Not sure if I need a total rebuild for a bad flex plate and torq converter. The want to rebuild to replace my casing. It had been broke on the corner of the pan and someone JB welded. It still doesn't leak yet but sure seems to bother them. They have mentioned it every time I'm in there.
I would rather just put in the flex plate and a rebuilt torq converter. It would save me around $700.00 or more in labor and new tranny parts. It always shifted good but just startyed making the noise. If a torq converter goes bad should you go ahead and rebuild the tranny? Does it throw a bunch of garbage through the pump and rest of tranny when it goes bad? Are they just trying to get more $ for a rebuild instead of just replacing torq and flex plate? I don't know.........:read2:
The application goes something like this;
80-87 Flex plate
80-90 C-6 Tranny
IDI only, NO Power Stroke and no turbos!!

Also got a line on one on Tuesday, out of a E-350 Van at Ruben Bros. If I get parts from Yard Dawg before then, I might just go ahead and get that flex plate too so I have 2 spares!!!! NOBODY MAKES THEM ANY MORE!!!

Well, hope to see you and welding helmet today!
Have a good one!
John8)

Don't forget a long sleeve shirt, gloves along with that helmet! Cover that skin . . . don't forget eye protection for Vinnie and Lex when they are helpin ya!!

i have the same welder, took me a bit of practice to get it right when i patched my floorpan. seems to work good for what i need done at home. your cars really taking shape, and ive already picked up a few tips from this thread.nice work.

great progress!

It took me 3 days to read the 29 pages!!

don't forget eye protection for Vinnie and Lex when they are helpin ya!!

Ya, What's up with no goggles for the pups :wack:

JK :poke:, Great progress and I admire your tenacity! Say hello to ABodyBetty too. :cheers:

i have the same welder, took me a bit of practice to get it right when i patched my floorpan. seems to work good for what i need done at home. your cars really taking shape, and ive already picked up a few tips from this thread.nice work.

Thanks Justin.
Been doing a lot of welding with it the past few days!:cheers:

great progress!

It took me 3 days to read the 29 pages!!

LOL!
Hey Prine!! How ya doin?
Haven't seen much of ya lately but have not been on much my self.
Hope everything is going OK for you and your family.
John.8)

Ya, What's up with no goggles for the pups :wack:

JK :poke:, Great progress and I admire your tenacity! Say hello to ABodyBetty too. :cheers:

I told her. I'm a little late responding, sorry...
She just got back from Indy.:cheers:

Give me a call, I've been trying to call you!!

Your truck...:clock:

Check out what I've been doing to FOTO on the Car Hunt thread;

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1060900#post1060900

:cheers:

-
Back