ABodyBetty's new baby comes home!!!

-
Nice work, as always.. she's looking good.

Another tip for keeping track of pushrods- scrounge a smallish cardboard box (shoebox, parts box, or even a cereal carton), poke 8/12/16 holes in it as needed, label, and insert the rods.

Nice work, as always.. she's looking good.

Another tip for keeping track of pushrods- scrounge a smallish cardboard box (shoebox, parts box, or even a cereal carton), poke 8/12/16 holes in it as needed, label, and insert the rods.
I like to use old egg cartons for those.And spark plugs

No luck trying to sell our 67 BOF, so here we go!

FERN for sale!
$1700.00 or please make an offer! Clean IN title.
Like New tires.
Please see last pics in thread for current condition.
Before restore started, ran great, tight front end, shifted great, road smooth.
Manifold work done due to cracked exhaust manifold, replaced and hung on motor.
Will need to finish and tow to your home if purchased. Not running at the moment but will!! Should have running by Sunday!:cheers:
Price will be more if I finish.
225 slanty Auto
1975 Dodge dart
Custom paint, and PREMO interior.
Needs headliner and reassembly, have all parts bagged and tagged.
If interested, please PM me.
Thanks, John.8)

Good luck with the sale. Not sure why no one wanted BOF. But Fern sounds like a good price. Probably worth it for the interior alone. Would not hesitate to buy a car from you knowing how much you put into them. Indiana is a little far though...

Good luck with the sale. Not sure why no one wanted BOF. But Fern sounds like a good price. Probably worth it for the interior alone. Would not hesitate to buy a car from you knowing how much you put into them. Indiana is a little far though...

Ditto.. my wife and I were just talking the other evening about how we'd be glad to take BOF into our family for the 5 grand you originally asked- but as it happens, far from being in a position to help people like you and ABB, we are people like you and ABB. Our last unemployment check is half gone, our faithful DD '92 F150 Kathleen T. Rattlerod is getting older by the day, our backup car ('97 Cougar) sits in the yard with no funds to fix visible on the horizon, and we've recently had to pass up on not one, but two sweet '80s vintage F150s for lack of the $1000 asking prices... and let's not even get into the bills, house repairs, medical care for her 93-year-old mother, and on and on. So I guess all we can offer you guys is long-range moral support, whatever that may be worth.

Yeah, my wife has a couple more ED checks coming still. But she should be getting a job offer this week! If she gets the salary we are hoping for (over twice what I make, but she will not the have time to read FABO all day) I will be shopping for parts in a month or two. Maybe a 4 door parts car if I can find one.

Here's some pics of FERN's progress.
Working on her pretty steady for the last 5 or 6 days.

FERN LIVES!!!!
And runs pretty good too!!
Can't wait to get the seats back in!!:cheers:

Well here's the pics, and don't bother Vinnie when he's sleeping with his eyes open. He's never the same for a day or so if you wake him when he is like this! LOL!!:-D

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

If it was BOF we would all be chanting .."it's alive, it's alive" LOL

If it was BOF we would all be chanting .."it's alive, it's alive" LOL

Welcome back Vinnie Lex ABB and John!! You too Fern!!

Thanks guys!
Here we go again!
Drove her to get the exhaust pipe welded back on. Whats the most obnoctious sound? Slanty with straight pipe about 6" long! LOL!!!

BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH UMMMMmmmmmmmmm.....BLAHHHHHH Ummmmmmmmm...........:-D

LOL! Here's some pics!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

HEYYYYYYYY FABO!!!!!!:cheers:

Sorry, haven't had much time to post of late.
Here's some work I did on my birthday 8.1.10.
Will be starting on Fern again today.
We've been driving her lately pretty regular. Runs really strong and the seats are super comfortable. I can't wait to "Get er Done"! LOL!!
Well here's a quick update. Don't even know if anyone still checks this thread any more. Things are going to start moving pretty fast again, I hope!
Have a great day FABO!:cheers:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Of course we still read this thread!
We are wounded! lol
One of the most entertaining threads on FABO in my opinion.

Later,
Bruce B.

Of course we still read this thread!
We are wounded! lol
One of the most entertaining threads on FABO in my opinion.

Later,
Bruce B.
I second that emotion!
I really love the low buck builds you guys do.
4 doors are great cars to drive and fix up on the cheap.
Not all of us are rich!
Keep 'em coming, and i love the pics and captions too! :cheers:
Tom.

about damn time you get back, happy belated birthday, parties over now back to work.

I love to keep up with this thread! I get so many ideas on how to do it cheap but still do it right. Keep at it. I hope the BOF money stretches out for a while so you can keep doing this great work.

Tim

Heeeyyyyy FABO!

Thanks for the kind words guys!:cheers:

Here the Fern grows again! LOL!!
I'll try to keep pushing her now in between junk car hauls.
Basically, the next pic series is to catch y'all up on where we are at now. Have welded floor patches so I took pics of those for ya.
Today spent most of the day sanding prep for the next coat of kitty hair for the front drivers fender. Also sanded the rockers and other areas making ready for the creamy pink stuff (that means we are getting close to the end in those places.)
Anyway, just a quick series of pics, hardly any comments (The crowd goes "YEAH"!!), don't quite know what Vinnie and Lex are up to. I know I fed em this am.
Not much time for chit chat right now, but did want to get back more often and keep the Fern a growin'!8)

Have a great day all, and keep it between the ditches!:happy10:

-
Back