ABodyBetty's new baby comes home!!!

-
Quick update:
How do you guys like the Sherwood green metalic? That color blew me away when I pulled my mask/bi-focal safty glasses off! When I was shooting, it looked like it was going on patchy and the winshields (F&B) fences & pillars looked like the paint wasn't hitting into the crevase and folds of the fence frames. So I kept double hitting the fences and they still didn't look as though they we covering.
I shoot outdoors in driveway and we had poor lighting yesterday, cloudy. When shooting the roof after the first light mist, I shot what I thought would be heavy & wet but could not really see how wet. It appeared very patchy & moddeled. While shooting, I recall the paint can saying, "coat to cover" for color! Jezz... So as I blew the first can out I finished on the sail panels where I could get a good look at what was going on the roof. It applied patchy too. Kinda disappointed, I opened the garage and went in to mix my next gun full. 15 - 30 min flash so I headed in for a beer. Came back out to mix, didn't really look at car though, in a hurry, it's almost dark, mixed paint.
Shot windshield & back glass frames again & still looked light through my spotty safety glasses. This time I got a glare angle from the roof and had to really slow down sweep of my gun to get the roof a wet coat. Hit drip rail sections and sail panels to finish. Hurried to get everything moved out of the way in the garage, and pull mask to get into the garage before all the insects decided it was "THE" place to land and hang out. Didn't rally get a good look at it untill I came into the garage, up till then looked like it was black! Then the lights in the garage lit it up! WOW!! LOVE IT!
The reason the pillars & glass fence didn't look like it was taking paint was due to heavy metalic & lighting!! The guy who mixed the paint said it was heavy metalic!? 1975 Dodge color, next chip under the light green in the book! Still like it better than the vinyl!!
Just in time, It's raining this morning. Only thing holding us on glass replacement is cleaning the seals. We'll fit that in today too, have area set up in barn after ABodyBetty goes to work.
We will be doing the inst. panel reassembly with white faces this morning. Then removing the cracked dash pad. Vacume out and tidy up inside the car while doing bodywork too. Also hope to pick up work bench and start hittin up the yard Dawg for another windshield!
Hope to get at least half the list done and still be able to take and post pics for you!8)

All I can say is Bravo. :cheers: You get alot done 64dart. I need to drink less, work more.:toothy10:

Only problem is work more, makes me drink more, that makes me work more, that makes me drink more, that..............you see my point!:happy10:

Gotta remember too, unemployed so I can work on it while ABB is at work, no interuptions!
Also: quote from ABB the other day after breaking her windshield on removal 5 min B4 she came in from work; "Were supposed to be driving this one, not working on it!" Jezzz.......
Idea was to drive it this winter and park the 64. However, I could not send Fern into the cold wet winter, leaking around both windshields!
There's some other things that make it "seem" like I'm doing alot of work.
I AM!!! LOL! No really,
I have attention disorder,that makes good for multi-tasking. I'm a tad anal, neat freak (not the garage) but it doesn't cripple me as far as speed decision making. Hence the thread and restore jumping around so much.
Sorta have schedule and plan but I'll always let the car lead the project. Started this whole thing repairing a wheel well & look where we are at! LOL!!
Work to a stopping point due to something missing, drying, etc, then move to something else and always work on the 1 thing that is keeping it off the road the most!!
Keep in mind though today is only the 12th day of working on the car sense I didn't start on it the day it got here!!! LMBO!!!! I think I'm getting hestericle!!!:toothy10:
Have a great day Homecloned!:cheers:

I have ADD. I makes it interesting. I have some parts done and waxed while other areas are still in primer/or worse. :toothy10:
I do get most of my work done during the day while the wife is at work.

This is a fun thread and lov'in the dogs point of view :cheers:
You sure are moving on this one 64dart170, I would say keep us updated but you are doing a great job at it and entertaining us as well.=P~

This is a fun thread and lov'in the dogs point of view :cheers:
You sure are moving on this one 64dart170, I would say keep us updated but you are doing a great job at it and entertaining us as well.=P~

Try'in to keep it light & enjoyable! (keeps the stress down) It's just real difficult to keep things moving, due to the weather! 85% is done in the driveway! Hardly room inside garage.
Absolutly has to be fast paced, running out of 60 degree days and I have really been pushing the envelope as far as painting/humid/time of day etc!
I would really be freakin right now if it weren't for the kind words from you guys.
Sometimes it seems like I'm posting to my self, but I hope people are being informed as well as entertained! I have had to look back at thread several times so far to see how things/screws go back together!!:toothy10:
Anytime you take things apart you should always bag & tag hardware!
I don't have time for it!!!! That's why I take lots of pics!!!!8)
AND have leftover hardware at the end of every project!
Have a Happy Mike!

I love that color. I shot it on my 60 Willys wagon and still have a gallon sitting around... I think it is going to go on my 69 barracuda one of these days......

I love that color. I shot it on my 60 Willys wagon and still have a gallon sitting around... I think it is going to go on my 69 barracuda one of these days......

The color is wild! It's deeper the longer you look at it. The overspray on the fender/trunk deck looks like a hole in the car at quick glance.
Or it could be sleep deprivation!! despiration, or.....some d word like that!!:toothy10:
Wasn't really looking to do this to the car, but like I said, sometimes you lead the car, and sometimes it leads you.
We were talking mod top then started looking at a Imperial vinyl top (paisley) from one of the big parts houses, for Imperial from the 80's. Clearance $100.00. Have you guys ever seen one of those after 2-3 years of sun fade? They really start gettin weird looking!
Looking back it would have been cheaper, easier, faster (no glue scraping) but Fern took the lead and pointed out to me how HOT she would look with her top matching her seats etc!!! Guys,.....They always want their stuff to match! PRISSY "B"!
The color finally lays to the point of only getting so dark. In some light levels I can tell it's going to be black with a wiff of green and a whole lot of green sparkels dancing going around a corner!!
An enexpected pleasure to view, and now am contemplating only doing the tropical fades on hood & trunk deck! Although I did see some fabric at walmart that would really look like a ghost mod top when shot thorugh with paint, using it as mask.
Got all winter to think on that!:clock:

Still haven't gotton to see it in the sun yet! Hmmmm, maybe sun on SUNday?!??

for an accent color, that green mixed in with black (about 50/50 if I remember) looks sweet too! I had a 57 Chev shotys wagon I painted under the engine and the dash with that and it was WAY COOL! It looked black till the sun hit it and then look out. Sadly... I sold that car cuz it wouldn't hold any kids.... and for a young family, that is not good!

Didn't get much done, bad weather & lack of motivation (too tired)
Nap Time!
Too bad ABB caught me when she came home from work!
Like I got time to nap!!8)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

for an accent color, that green mixed in with black (about 50/50 if I remember) looks sweet too! I had a 57 Chev shotys wagon I painted under the engine and the dash with that and it was WAY COOL! It looked black till the sun hit it and then look out. Sadly... I sold that car cuz it wouldn't hold any kids.... and for a young family, that is not good!

4 doors are better for kids!!

Did forget to mention plans for the side markers.
After talking relocating the SE emblems from sail panels to rear marker, we decided Mopar was off the mark on design of this years side markers.
They're big, plastic, ugly, usually faded or cracked.
Need to figure something with chrome, lighted, like on a 68 Dart, might use them!
After all were talking "Fern" here!! (one of Dodges little Imperials)8)
I'm thinking of side markers I remember seeing, they were about 3/4 to 1" tall and approx. 2-3" long. Embedded in chrome. Can't remember what they were on...... Mopar? Chrysler Newport? My dad once had a 70's something Buick 225, maybe on there?? Junk Yard!!! When I get Fern's windshield, I'll take the battery sawzall and go new side marker shopping! After all Fern is a "special" edition!! LOL!!

This is how not to do it!!!!
You should always bag n tag hardware and lay parts out on empty shelves!
HAHAHHHAHAHHAHHHAHHAHAHAHHHHAH!!!!!!!!!!
No room and the only uncluttered thing was my gold panning bucket!

Anyone for "Bucket - O - Fern" finger licken good!

Anybody ever go to eat at the "place it all begun"?
What city is it in?? (hint Sanders Inn) Been there, ate it!!!8)

Fern:
"I've got my guts out all over 3 different buildings!? and all dad can do is throw me in a gold panning bucket!!?????"

Me: Shut up you whinning princess, you'll be lucky if I can put all that back into you with out leftover parts!

Fern:
MOM!!!
:toothy10:

75-85.jpg

Update Aurora Darts:
Got up a little late at 4:15 AM (15 min late for double D's!)
Came back to the house and fired heat up in garage. Went in house to eat & drink some coffee. My hip socket started to hurt. Went out to garage and started to remove the broken dash pad. Being in the garage I can only work from 1 side of the car at a time due to width of garage so....
Get in drivers door, lay down on seat, worm my way across due to center of bucket bench hanging on by thread, finally work my way back into a sitting position to work on pad, forgot a tool, reverse proceedure, get tool, get in again, and do it 10 more times.
Hip really started hurting and the old back has been on verge of going out. Think its all due to marathon hours of labor on Fern.
Shut off lights, heat, radio and went back into house to finish coffee with 1 of daddy's little helpers. Set up a REALLY great lawn chair for my back in the living room, sat down to finish coffee, woke up in time for dinner and another of "DLH's! Still sitting in the lawn chair but not hurting as much!
Didn't get diddly done!!!!:angry7:
Sorry no pics to post or progress made.

man o man, i just read this whole thread. and ive got to say u work fast and ur work is great! cant wait to see more, great job!:cheers:

Here is a pic I can offer up from yesterday. Sorry it's only 1 this time guys. Wasn't feeling real swell yesterday! I did sneek out last night and pluged in the inst. panel real quick just to see lighting. Sorry for quality but wasn't feeling myself, balancing the panel and trying to shoot pic all at same time!
Hope to swap dash pads & clean seals today.
It's supposed to go over 60 today! Goal is to install seals and both front & back glass by end of day Monday. Continue outer skin repairs to shoot light green on Wed. or Thur.:cheers:

See ya in the driveway today!
OH WOW! I finally get to see the green top in the sun today!!!
First time I ever had to wait days to see a paint job. Finished painting at dusk/dark and rolled into garage. Only seen under 100 watts sense then!!!8)

Lights!.jpg

I love your enthusiasm 64dart. :cheers: Lunch looks good.lol. You have three cars to work on and are still rippin right along. A true inspiration for all of us. :cheers::cheers:
I really like the white guages, were they hard to install?

I love your enthusiasm 64dart. :cheers: Lunch looks good.lol. You have three cars to work on and are still rippin right along. A true inspiration for all of us. :cheers::cheers:
I really like the white guages, were they hard to install?

Thanks again for the kind words Homecloned,
The white guage products are really nice, inexpensive way to high class you're dash! It's harder to see stock inst. at night the older you get. I find when used with the complete disassembly, cleaning, new bulbs, reassembly with white face, makes them really easy to see at night and you can get color cordinated LED's to match interior!! The company is really cool & great instructions!
But I have to say the post 69 inst clusters are just that....A CLUSTER!!! Total piece of plastic junk! Won't take disassembly a 2nd time after gluing!!!
69 & before are better product & easier to work on with better results! See below pics on "BOF"::cheers:
Have a great day today! Over 60 here, SHOPS OPEN FOR BUSINESS!!!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

dart 67 004.jpg

dart 67 005.jpg

-
Back