ABodyBetty's new baby comes home!!!

-
Here's the pics from yesterday, not much done but did get my 1 acre blowed & mowed!8)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Looking good 64dart. Wife gets a kick out of your doggies. I bet the little one thinks he's king tuff guy with his back-up.:cheers:

Wow!!! what a story-- impressive article & work. Thanks you for sharing this info & detailing the many problems with fixing older cars.
Lawrence

Looking good 64dart. Wife gets a kick out of your doggies. I bet the little one thinks he's king tuff guy with his back-up.:cheers:

He does! He's usually the one at the fence running back and forth barking and snarling!! Nomatter how much I yell at him or squirt him with the hose!!!
We often wonder what happened to him before he showed up here!

Between the 2 the beagle would be the first to bite.

Rottie reads people and only wants a piece of people who are bad or hiding something. He will let an intruder in but won't let them leave!!
Rottie only gets up when he absolutly has to!!8)

Wow!!! what a story-- impressive article & work. Thanks you for sharing this info & detailing the many problems with fixing older cars.
Lawrence

Thanks can always use the kind words boost! It makes me want to get my sore tired frame up and at it again!:cheers:

Feel free to visit again sometime!!

Well, todays car events have been called off for groceries, vacume house, dishes, cooked lunch, fixed sump pump, baked cookies, fed the dogs, and will be cooking dinner soon.
ABodyBetty in the meantime was doing school work here at home!

The bright point of the day? Just got back.....Me and Fern went down to tool rental to get propane. Was wondering if that tank was going to fall through the spare tire well!!! Running pretty good, fades into the crowd too. Nobody staring like in Baby or BOF!!! The guy filling the propane never even mentioned the car or cars!!! COOL!!!!
We might be blending into J Q Public now! Must be the Fern Mod Top!!!8) Suburban Cammo!
Time for a nap............................

Todays Update:
Went to Double D's an hour late this AM due to time change. Took Fern this morning to get coffee!!!
30 degrees this morning, went out she fired right up & off we went. Great ride other than the cold air comming in those baseball size holes in the back! LOL!!
Going to be mid 50's from now till next weekend & sunny. Will start cutting metal out and cutting fit patches & prepping for welding. I will also try to get some more interior installed but kinda waste of time with us needing headliner now....
It might be a great time to finally wash out the engine bay today or do that nose cone too!
I'm thinking metal replacement at this point in time!!!!8)
So many plans so little youth!!!!:toothy10:
Have a great day today, you guys & gals!

Checked the date at the start of this thread, 10/14/2009. By my count that's 16 days, 15 if you allow for AM/PM. Incredible! I can't imagine what you could accomplish if you had that killer garage with heat and a paint booth.

Congrats!

I gotta agree, I've been following the progress.....there's some really fast work going on w/ Fern. Just watching 64dart170 work is making me tired. LOL

When you tackle those windshield scratches, I hope you will show us how you do it!! :read2:

I gotta agree, I've been following the progress.....there's some really fast work going on w/ Fern. Just watching 64dart170 work is making me tired. LOL

When you tackle those windshield scratches, I hope you will show us how you do it!! :read2:
He makes me tired to watching him and running back and forth for stuff. I try to stay inside or I will never get my homework done. Let the dogs help. They to earn their keep somehow besides looking pretty.

All secrets will be reveiled with patience and time grasshopper............

A little cashola, cussing, & carona (3 C's!) doesn't hurt either!!!!!
Well at least I have 2 of the 3 C's!!! LOL!!8)

Well, here goes,
Went out and decided to check oil (low) other vitals.
Decided to degrease engine bay.
Did that, turned out nice.
Washed rest of car too.
Let it dry.
Won't start!!!
Peep the pics, you'll see why!! (Keep in mind I just drove to Double D's this morning)
Red Greened the headliner.
Will have to wait for new cap/rotor, I'm broke!
UI check called in, be here Tuesday. New car parts be here Wed. morning!! LOL!!!
Will start metal work tomarrow I swear!8)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Well, the day has been good and bad. But busy!!
Went to take back unused winshield clips so I would have enough money for rotor & cap!
Put them in and it started. Rough at first then smoothed out nicely.

If it weren't for the loud exhaust noise. Lets see if we can JB Weld!!8)
Well looked into the exhaust leak. It's the gasket between the 2 manifolds under the carb!
There's a 1/8" gap there with the metal gasket!!! WTF???!!!!
I guess I can't use JB on that!!
That was a mini that turned into a OMG, WTF anm I gonna do now!!!! #-oDON'T TELL ABB!!!!!
Walked away from that for a while after hosing down with Kroil.
See Pics
Plan of attack is to loosen all the manifold bolts next to head so we can install gasket there too!
Lossen exhaust pipe where it mounts to engine.
Lossen 3 bolts holding all manifolds together. Retighten and reinstall per specs & see what happens.

Also traced major oil leak to valve cover gasket in rear. Will get new one tomarrow too.

Started cutting cancer.
See pics
Got depressed. Quit on car & started drinking!:cheers:
I think about that tomarrow!!!!!!:happy10:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Plans for today?
Depression!
Cutting more rust out!
For a break I will take off nose cone and repair today hopefully.
Need to order:
Intakes gasket
Valve cover gasket
Spark plugs & wires
Fuel pump (while I'm down there)
Fuel filter
Anything else?...............8)
See ya in 12 hours!

Keep it going bud. :cheers: I need to buy a new angle grinder this weekend to do some more metal work myself.
It never fails, you try to address a small issue and it snowballs on you.

I wish I could have gotten this much done in the week that I have owned my Swinger. That car is nice!8)

I wish I could have gotten this much done in the week that I have owned my Swinger. That car is nice!8)

LOL! Confucius!! LOL!!!

You could get this much done in a week if you have the following:

1: Only have Darts as your ONLY vehicles.
2: Get a 3rd one so you can park your priceless 64 for winter FINALLY!
3: Must have spare car reliably on the road by the time the snow flies.
4: It being 11.04.09 & old man winter is givin me a run for the money!!!
5: Finding more & more rust while running out of good weather.
6: Skills or guts or stupidity (choose 1 then go!)
7: Be broke with no money or Job and being able to "make due" on everything!
8: Problem solve on the fly remembering rule #7!
9: Not being afraid to take some shortcuts knowing you'll have to redo anyway later in spring. (This is a tuffy for me, I'm usually a perfectionist, so halfassin something knowing I'll have to do it a second time is rough.)
10: Get up at 3:30am daily, Double D's at 4AM, Largest coffee they got, work in garage till daybreak, send wife off to work so you can stop doing housework, work like a madman till she gets home.
11: 6 pack carona on ice and don't be afraid to use it!
12: Have 2 furr faced friends that have good intentions, lots of fleas, but no thumbs!8)

Thanks for the shout out 1972 swinger. Just follow my 12 step program and you too can go from wrecks to riches in just a month!!:-D

-
Back