ABodyBetty's new baby comes home!!!

-
Man this sucks!!!!!
I HATE MECHANICAL WORK!!:banghead:

Couldn't get anything apart even after soaking all week! Kroil, torch, impact, etc....SAWZALL!
Pass the highway flair!!!!!:angry5:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

This sucks continued!8)
So much for the new exhaust!
Drinking now, peace out!

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Just got off the phone with Yard Dawg.
We got several choices here for manifolds (all used)
1: 73?ish 1 BBL with EGR etc
2: 5 different ones to choose from if we want to go "old school" 1 BBL and scrap whats left of a 35 year old polution control system.
3: No polution control system with a 2 BBL carb like on Baby.

What would you do?
Original with 35 year who knows what else could be wrong with EGR ETC!
OR
Old school 1 or 2 bbl carb with no polution control?

PLEASE ADVISE!8)

dont ya hate when bolts break? lookin good? are you gonna put a header on it with a nice 4bbl intake that would be sweet?!

i say go 4bbl intake :) now thay would be nice with a set of flomasters and 4bbl eddy and a header oh boy what a ride fern would be stylin

Two would be my choice while I was there (If ya know what I mean) 8)8)
Time for a cold one :drinkers: Good job :thumbrig:

i say go 4bbl intake :) now thay would be nice with a set of flomasters and 4bbl eddy and a header oh boy what a ride fern would be stylin
That'd be cool but no funds. The parts I get from the big yard then owe a favor and have to push more parts to pay for my parts!!!
Lifes a circle!8)

well either way fern is still gonna ge one stylin dart

Two would be my choice while I was there (If ya know what I mean) 8)8)
Time for a cold one :drinkers: Good job :thumbrig:

Dude,
I was just over reading your restore thread in depth. Man did I miss something or what!!
I didn't realize you were that far along. I've been so busy, can't even come up for air!
Totally cool exhaust manifolds you got from wagon!!
How'd he do that? Stock with a few cuts and welds or off something else??
Was totally happy when I just saw you cut your exhaust pipe too!!!
I was really kickin' my candy ace for not being able to loosen it today and well you know......SAWZALL!
I figured everyone would be bashin me by now for cuttin somthing else up!!
I'm going to print out pics of your manifolds. I'm manifold shopping right now too. There is a nice 2bbl set up old school no polution at the yard I can pick up, and now after talking it over with you guys, guess it 2bbl time!!
I'll go up and get it in the AM with a new nose cone!!
Have a good one, I got to go finish your thread!!!:read2:

well either way fern is still gonna ge one stylin dart
Thanks man, tryin to work it!
But I'm totally lame at mechanics! Know the parts and how they go together. But it always seems I break crap fixin other stuff, and always have to assemble more than once to "make sure" of everything! How anally obsesive compulsive can ya be???:happy10:
I'd rather be painting wild paint jobs in a really techno down draft paint booth, with the easy bake oven lights.
I wonder what it would be like to paint bug & leaf free???8)
Have a good weekend 71!

ok so I just went clear through this restoration. Wow.... you need to be awarded for the most documented and funny resto threads. Great work. Glad to see you dont have idle hands. Just loading the pics and writing on them all takes forever. Thanks for the enjoyment of watching Fern metamorphisize back into a fun car.

-RPM

ok so I just went clear through this restoration. Wow.... you need to be awarded for the most documented and funny resto threads. Great work. Glad to see you dont have idle hands. Just loading the pics and writing on them all takes forever. Thanks for the enjoyment of watching Fern metamorphisize back into a fun car.

-RPM

Thanks for the boost RPM!
You gave me a good chuckle too! You used one I couldn't even write about, I would have loved to seen how I spelled;
metamorphisize
I used the copy & paste due to not trusting myself to even type it corectly. That's a mouthfull!!! LOL!!! I LOVE THIS WORD!!!:love7:
Sounds like Wendy's new fries size!!! :cheers:

"I'd like a 1/4 punder with cheese, fries, cup-o-chilli, and could you metamorphisize that for me!!":toothy10: LMBO!!!!! Love it, absolutly Love it!!!

Sorry man, I just got up and that just totally struck me as funny for some reason!! (wierd sense of humor strikes again)
Bout time to leave for Double D;s for coffee. Think I'll take BOF this morning and wake the neighbors!!!
Have a good one RPM & stop by anytime!8)

It's been a few hours sense I posted. I have even practiced saying it a couple of times! It's still puttin a big smile on my face and gives me a little chuckle too!!
Gotta be some killer points in scrabble!
Again, sorry, no ill intended, been in printing over 35 years and some words still make me smile!
Same with SAWZALL!!

When I put the head on the ValiaDart, The machine shop insisted on magnafluxing my exhaust. It was cracked. I ordered a re-pop from A-1 for about $140.00. The shop machined the mating surfaces, bolted the intake to the exhaust, and then machined the both as a unit where it bolts onto the head. I've never had leak issues, and I've been told that the /6 are famous for blowing that gaskets. My 2 cents. Oh, and no extra charge for my vote on the 2 barrel. I wish I had done that at the time... Now it's running like a top, and I can't justify tearing it apart... Maybe if I blow a gasket???? Keep up the good work!! Love watching Fern Megamorphofries!

this is why I cant seem to get working on my own cars

by the time I read others progress threads I am too tired to work on my own cars :)

When I put the head on the ValiaDart, The machine shop insisted on magnafluxing my exhaust. It was cracked. I ordered a re-pop from A-1 for about $140.00. The shop machined the mating surfaces, bolted the intake to the exhaust, and then machined the both as a unit where it bolts onto the head. I've never had leak issues, and I've been told that the /6 are famous for blowing that gaskets. My 2 cents. Oh, and no extra charge for my vote on the 2 barrel. I wish I had done that at the time... Now it's running like a top, and I can't justify tearing it apart... Maybe if I blow a gasket???? Keep up the good work!! Love watching Fern Megamorphofries!

Now that's a good one too!!!!:happy10:

this is why I cant seem to get working on my own cars

by the time I read others progress threads I am too tired to work on my own cars :)

Me too so I didn't!
Couldn't get to parts, Yard Dawg had other things to attend to.
Depressed & tired, I totally blew off a rare 70 degree day to stay inside and snoozed on the couch!
Depression is a MOTHER!
I'll get back on it today.
No posts or pics for the 11.07.09 Update, besides my camera battery was drained!!8)

Give me parts, or give me couch, I really don't care which one!!!

when you get the parts -- make sure the mating surfaces are clean/smooth--- it sure was nice out Saturday-- check out my post on the 1923 t bucket that came for a visit. Hope today is a better day! L

when you get the parts -- make sure the mating surfaces are clean/smooth--- it sure was nice out Saturday-- check out my post on the 1923 t bucket that came for a visit. Hope today is a better day! L
Thanks VDart,
Just peeling from the couch as it gets warmer!
Sheet meatal stencils today and picking up 2bbl intake, hopefully.
Have a great day today!8)

Dude,
I was just over reading your restore thread in depth. Man did I miss something or what!!
I didn't realize you were that far along. I've been so busy, can't even come up for air!
Totally cool exhaust manifolds you got from wagon!!
How'd he do that? Stock with a few cuts and welds or off something else??
Was totally happy when I just saw you cut your exhaust pipe too!!!
I was really kickin' my candy ace for not being able to loosen it today and well you know......SAWZALL!
I figured everyone would be bashin me by now for cuttin somthing else up!!
I'm going to print out pics of your manifolds. I'm manifold shopping right now too. There is a nice 2bbl set up old school no polution at the yard I can pick up, and now after talking it over with you guys, guess it 2bbl time!!
I'll go up and get it in the AM with a new nose cone!!
Have a good one, I got to go finish your thread!!!:read2:

It's a beeeeuutifull day here today to 64dart170 :cheers:
66aCUDA is building me a big valve head and the dual's will go on that head =P~
I am going to get some 5000 degree paint on the factory exhaust today and change the radiator out in my driver 83 dodge miser truck :-D
I was driving up the drive way a few days ago and the radiator jumped into my fan :bootysha:, But I have a spare in the old strait line 1/8 mile truck.
Yep!! My drive way is all up up and up hill :-D
Here is a word you might like 64dart170( Relay!!) you do know what it is don't cha!!:-D I hope this put's a smile on your face :-D

Relay = when the wife gives you a second chance :cheers:

Have a good one :cheers:

12233.jpg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx%20005.jpg

It's a beeeeuutifull day here today to 64dart170 :cheers:
66aCUDA is building me a big valve head and the dual's will go on that head =P~
I am going to get some 5000 degree paint on the factory exhaust today and change the radiator out in my driver 83 dodge miser truck :-D
I was driving up the drive way a few days ago and the radiator jumped into my fan :bootysha:, But I have a spare in the old strait line 1/8 mile truck.
Yep!! My drive way is all up up and up hill :-D
Here is a word you might like 64dart170( Relay!!) you do know what it is don't cha!!:-D I hope this put's a smile on your face :-D

Relay = when the wife gives you a second chance :cheers:

Have a good one :cheers:

Mike you're too funny!!:happy10:

Not much to show. On the 8th all I got done was washed the dogs!
Today:
Pushed car out of garage to make templates.
Set up inside garage; new nose cone, will have to wire wheel & paint under side.
Brought the rubber mat and manifolds inside garage to split apart. Still no new manifold!!!!
With no manifold yet, I seem to have lost all motivation!
Jezz I'm bummed out! Whatever!!! Who cares!!!!!
All I got done today was 1 acre blowed & mowed.
That makes 3, 70 degree days in a row and didn't get crap done on the car.
Yes folks, Depression is one bad mother!!!
Never did make the dang templates yet. Now comes the cold wet weather.
I'm just about ready to push Fern behind the barn till spring and just keep driving Baby this winter.
Blahhhhhh Blahhhhhhhh blahhhhhhh...............:angry7:

:read2: Chin up 64dart170......You've done so much on Fern since you started this thread. Sometimes a break in the action is a good thing. :)

I owe you a PM.....maybe tomorrow, really tired tonight. :sleepy5:

-RPM

Gotta agree w/ you RPM........This is a very busy and witty thread.

Thanks guys for the words of encouragement.
I needed them.
Worked on nose.
Split manifolds, I'm tired of waiting for different ones, Dang it!
Soooo....
Sense we are so famous for fast and cheap....
We are going to grind/cut cracks, JB WELD, reassemble, reinstall!!!
Frick the 2 bbl!!! I aint waitin!:cheers:
Peep the pics, gotta go!8)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg