ABodyBetty's new baby comes home!!!

-
pics8)

21.jpg

22.jpg

To the Veterans and Active duty members of FABO, Have a Happy Veterans Day today!! Thank You for your service!!!

Also wanted to point out many resteraunts and other business are offering free meals and discounts on other goods & services.
I myself will be dining for free at either Golden Corral or Applebee's!

For those members who are not veterans or active duty, if you know a veteran who has no one to dine with, please attend with them, and be sure to thank them for their sacrifice & service!

Today's plans for Fern include, fixing cracks in exhaust manifold, stencils for sheet metal patches, paint underside of nose cone, and who knows what else! But as yall know with me, plans can change by the moment!

I guess I'll be on my way to Double D's for coffee now. I'll make sure to ask if they too will offer free coffee today to veterans!!:-D

Dont give up yet you are just burnt from rushing her. It will come back to you.

You were right it came back!
The manifolds really bummed me out. I'm not in any way a mechanic.
Plus with only getting 3-6 hours sleep a night and going full bore workaholic, every 4-7 weeks I usually go down for rest a whole weekend!
Thanks Chryslerfat!8)

:read2: Chin up 64dart170......You've done so much on Fern since you started this thread. Sometimes a break in the action is a good thing. :)

I owe you a PM.....maybe tomorrow, really tired tonight. :sleepy5:

You owe ME ? A PM?
I hope I aint in trouble for the UNpolished spare trim shipped!???

You were right though, I did need a break. I didn't even really get on computer that much either.

Thanks again 6pk2goDemon!:-D

Your post are a hoot 64dart170! :cheers: What you say you lack in mechanical ability, you more then compensate for with a very entertainig post. :-D The wife and I really enjoy the doggie shots and the way you caption them.
I have not felt like doing to much on mine the last few days. I did paint a valve cover wrinkle black, but only because I had it sanded and ready to go. I have been some organizing of my hauler and garage. :toothy7:

Your post are a hoot 64dart170! :cheers: What you say you lack in mechanical ability, you more then compensate for with a very entertainig post. :-D The wife and I really enjoy the doggie shots and the way you caption them.
I have not felt like doing to much on mine the last few days. I did paint a valve cover wrinkle black, but only because I had it sanded and ready to go. I have been some organizing of my hauler and garage. :toothy7:

Must be the time of year! Either that or we're on the same schedule!:-D

Did ya check the glazzed look on the beagle after the rotten sniff? LMBO!!!

64dart170,
Man this is quite the resto, love all the documentation you've done. I'm a new member as of yesterday, and really enjoying this thread. I have a 73 Dart Swinger with /6 225 1bbl, that I took the 1bbl and manifold off and put the 2bbl with manifold on and finely love it, why finely cause finally got a carb that work fantastic. So I vote 2bbl manifold and I know you know this but be sure to do the kick-down linkage at the same time, don't ask, but lets just say I got another trans in her. Keep on keepin on with the updates PLEASE.

64dart170,
Man this is quite the resto, love all the documentation you've done. I'm a new member as of yesterday, and really enjoying this thread. I have a 73 Dart Swinger with /6 225 1bbl, that I took the 1bbl and manifold off and put the 2bbl with manifold on and finely love it, why finely cause finally got a carb that work fantastic. So I vote 2bbl manifold and I know you know this but be sure to do the kick-down linkage at the same time, don't ask, but lets just say I got another trans in her. Keep on keepin on with the updates PLEASE.
Come and introduce yourself in the Welcome Wagon bkd. :cheers:

This thread is great. :cheers: :cheers:

64dart170,

Welcome to FABO!
Teach me something, please!
Kickdown linkage? I thought they would be same!
What happened to the tranny??
Please advise and expand on comments because I don't already know anything cept I'm getting older!! LOL!!
Really man please reply and fill me in. Thanks!8)

I would not suggest jb weld on the manifold-- at best it is a temporary fix..
To add a 2 bbl carb to your car -- you need the complete 2 bbl kick down linkages -- it is different than the 1 bbl-- otherwise your tranny will not work correctly & you could burn it up..Most people are looking for the linkage -- it seems to be the item not found/taken from the parted cars. Slantsix.org has a complete how- to to swap to the 2 bbl
http://www.slantsix.org/articles/supersix/article.htm
. If your 1 bbl was good-- put another exhaust manifold on & go-- you'll be done much quicker & next spring you can worry about a super six. Lawrence

I would not suggest jb weld on the manifold-- at best it is a temporary fix..
To add a 2 bbl carb to your car -- you need the complete 2 bbl kick down linkages -- it is different than the 1 bbl-- otherwise your tranny will not work correctly & you could burn it up..Most people are looking for the linkage -- it seems to be the item not found/taken from the parted cars. Slantsix.org has a complete how- to to swap to the 2 bbl
http://www.slantsix.org/articles/supersix/article.htm
. If your 1 bbl was good-- put another exhaust manifold on & go-- you'll be done much quicker & next spring you can worry about a super six. Lawrence

Hey Lawrence,
Thanks for the advise, was already talking myself out of it! Temporary insanity!!!
Was loading to go down to the welding shop with it, got to looking at it in the sun, total junk and wouldn't take it to the shop.
By that time Yard Dawg called, pulled a 1 bbl w/EGR set up like I currently set up for, due to no 2 bbl carb right now (will have in spring).
Won't be painting motor today, he said he's got to heat 2 broken studs for me and get em out. Wants me to take off valve cover instead.
Once again have to be flexible, so I'm going to kero scrub 1 more time and degrease/wash & dry, pull valve cover.
Also be trying to make stencils (ha ha), and working on the nose!
Thanks again,
John.......8)

Can't tell you what sort of insignia is on the Fern's grille. I can tell you it isn't the Dodge coat of arms (below).

dodge-logo.jpg

:toothy10:Just ran through this entire thread (whew hard day at work today!) Great job so far, nice work on the dash. The guys with the waggley tails must be so proud!:toothy10:

:toothy10:Just ran through this entire thread (whew hard day at work today!) Great job so far, nice work on the dash. The guys with the waggley tails must be so proud!:toothy10:
Thanks Man!
What on earth would I do without them helping me!!8)

Well, as usual, the day didn't go as planned, never do!
Painted back side of nose.
Rescrubbed engine bay with parts brush and Kero, then degreased and rinsed! Let dry.
Polished up interior knobs for the 66 we're parting. (Had to, ABB home from work today and these were "in the way" in kitchen!)
Check the pics, not many.
Off to the Unemployment office tomarrow. Get there at 6AM, they open at 8AM! Will be out of thee by noon!
Happy Vets day all!!!8)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Got back from the UN and Yard Dawg was just leaving. He dropped off manifolds!
1bbl with egr for now just to get going.
So today I scrubbed with parts brush & kero.
Then purple power, rinse & dry.
Set up garage to clean rust out of inside of intake! Barnicles matey Arghhh!
Started polishing insides.

What do you guys use to polish the inside of intake on a 6?
Please advise!

Still drying out front floor boards too!

See you guys & gals tomarrow!!8)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

more pics..........

LOL!! Check the bifocal lens safetyglasses in pic #3!! LOL!!
That really tells the time!!!

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

I was admiring the die grinder kit... Oh, and all your hard work, as well... Where did the kit come from? Thanks. Keep up the fine job!!!

I was admiring the die grinder kit... Oh, and all your hard work, as well... Where did the kit come from? Thanks. Keep up the fine job!!!

Thanks Neil,
Yard Dawg gave me the kit last night. I was using it on the intake tubes this evening. Didn't get pics yet, too much dust out there for the camera!
Anyway, after I spent the day, decided the insides too scaley.
We're going to split this set too and hope the exhaust will be ok. It looks perfect now but the insides of intake, so we hope to use my old one.
now I'll have to clean that one up tomarrow!!

It's always better to have a practice run first!!!!!

Ferns starting to look pretty good after all shes been through.

Hey! Thanks Chryslerfat!
We're going to goahead and split the new manifolds today, use the new exhaust and Ferns old intake.
Might be going down to a friends business to use his bead blaster on em first.
Just can't decide on clear or chrysler blue on the intake.
What do you think?
I'll post some pics later after the bead blast.
Should be a pretty busy day!

Have a good one Chryslerfat!:glasses8:

Looking good, I was told to make sure the area is good and flat where the intake and exhaust go to the head, I had mine checked yesterday and all is good Use a Aussie, or Remflex exhaust/intake gasket and not this felpro gasket.
to assure a good seal , and no sealer on these gasket's

This is the Fel-pro gasket that I was told not to use, 10hft lbs and no more in the nuts.

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 055.jpg

-
Back