ABodyBetty's new baby comes home!!!

-
No worries!

Any hardware store should sell hardened bits, or Colbalt steel?... Even a good dremmel bit will get it out.

The heli coil will come with everything you need for install besides the tap. Depending on the depth of the hole I would assume you need a "Bottoming Tap" Those are the ones with the flat tip, It will cut threads to the bottom of the hole. Once drilled just insert the Helicoil with RED lock tight, Don't forget to clean the hole with starting fluid or cab cleaner or the locktight is useless.

Drill the hole as straight and square as you can get it, but don't worry if it's off a little bit, It's just an exhaust stud and you can open the hole in the manifold to fit the new stud if it's not completely straight.

If you were closer to me I'd lend ya a hand, But I'd have to charge you some of that pizza and Corona!!

Have a great night and good luck with the removal.

EDIT if you think about it, You need to drill the broken bolt nice and straight to use an EZ out, Why not just drill out the bolt? ONe more thing I like about Heli coils are when installed in Aluminum they INCREASE the strength of the threads, Also if you do F them up most time you can just go up a size in HeliColi and drill out the other side to match the larger stud or bolt.

Thanks for the info!
I got the proper taps then. Hard to beleive some mechanical lame-o like me has taps and die but I do and they have the flat ends!!!:cheers:
Got a dremmell & die grinder set too! I'll go at it again tomarrow.
Have a great evening!

That engines looking great. Was out riding around today and cam across 3 73 & up valiants and a dart in this color I think it was. All 4 doors. They all looked good for 4 doors. Almost to good to be parted out. We saw them as parts cars. Keep up the nice work.

LOL!!
One mans parts car
IS
Another mans daily driver, show car, loyal friend, &
"If we didn't have that car we'd be up craps creek with out paper" car!!!8)

LMAO!!!
HAve a good one sublime green!!:-D

All 3 front.jpg

All 3 cars 2.jpg

Hey Yall,
Goin to rain later today so........
Todays events, hopefully:
PUSH CAR BACK INTO GARAGE!! Hope I can find someone to help me do that!
Prep, prime & paint: starter, fan, pulleys
More flat black for engine bay and core support.
Undercoat nose cone.
Install Valve cover.
Clean & prep exhaust manifold AGAIN!
Start hanging new parts, including water pump.
Alot of jumping around today.8)
Everyone have a great Monday!!

another tip on e-z out removal -- is to take a center punch & break off the the edges of the piece-- then remove it piece by piece, Lawrence

another tip on e-z out removal -- is to take a center punch & break off the the edges of the piece-- then remove it piece by piece, Lawrence
Thanks Lawrence,
I'll be trying that later today after I get the Helicoil kit!
Have a good one today!8)

Most of the pics you see were done yesterday. Last night had to take the inst. panel out of BOF. Brought it in house for tear down, catsup cleanup on the boards, replace regulator & condensor, swapped headlight switch.
This morning I spent putting BOF back together and running errands in the rain, so far she's OK. SO here's what I did get done, and tomarrow, we'll be jammin'!!8)

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

WTF!!!!!
Stick a fork in me I'm done!!!!!
Just got my unemployment check yesterday. Went driving around in BOF paying bills. When I get done with errands I have $8.00 left till DEC 2nd!!!
I haven't even bought gas yet (bout on E) and I have to go to Unemployment office on Monday, 70 miles round trip!!!!
So I get done with errands and go into NAPA for 1, 5/16 stud and a helicoil kit.
They tell me $30+ just for the kit, (thats what a rebuilt power steering pump costs!)
I bout crap down both legs, forget the stud, see ya in 10 days!!! Yeah right!!

Complete stop over a 5/16 helicoil kit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Won't be updateing again untill 3 Dec 09!!!
Or If I get pissed enough I'll install by drilling hole, tapping, then using a regular bolt with a washer!!!!

Screw the special stud, special nut with special brass washer, helicoil kit with special tap, NAPA and everything else too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just walking away right now and won't be back till Dec!!:angry7:

I'll be digging through my coffee cans of hardware and if a suitable "Poor Man's" sub pops up and I make any headway with the bolt hole we'll get started again.
Kinda sucks though, this is one that was broke when we bought Fern and may very well be what caused all the cracks and manifold separation in the first place.
The one I broke I got out with heat and a pipe wrench!

Borrowed the power steering tool.
Thought I would go ahead and show everyone what one looks like. I had never seen one before.
I can go ahead and give it back now, no $ for helicoil, so the pump says Bye Bye!!! It'l just have to leak, 1 Qt a week not that bad!8)

Not sure when next post will be. Probibly tomarrow when I figure how to proceed with no $. It's never stopped me before, just delays!!
Sorry Guys!

Lets look at the bright side though.....
I got to plug a flat on BOF just now and fix another electrical snafu today. Had everything here already!

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

sorry to hear that you only have 8.00 to play with until december

It happens.
I'll be puttin stuff on Ebay I guess.

Look at the bright side,
13 days give or take, leaves me with $.6154 a day!!
I did drop off house payment though!!
Hopefully bum a 6 pack off ABodyBetty!:cheers:
Skippin Thanksgiving just me and ABB! Probibly French bread Pizzas!!

Plus now would be a good time to start hanging exsisting parts back on the car.

Hey 170dart nice project Ive been checking your updates daily before work
heres my 63 valiant 170/a-833
I just did the same thing your doing to fern
nice to see someone else in this area wrenches on their mopar 24/7
I live in dillsboro maybe youve seen one of my mopars as I have many
hey sorry to hear about the money situation
I have just the opposite I work 10-12 hours a day no time to wrench
Hey would you be interested in doing some work on a 70 340 dart I have?
That would give you some cash for thanksgiving and would help me get the dart back together sooner before it gets cold and it has to hibernate
whaddya think???
I'll pay for your fuel and pay you at the end of the day!!!
I probably have enough work for a couple days
As I need to take the better half out cuz I been in the garage every night from like 6 till 2 in the morning and she is ready to go out next week.
Hey let me know just post on here and we will talk about it

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0011 (800x600).jpg

maybe Santa Claus lives just down the road.8)

Hope so! Not afraid of working Darts:love7:

Seems like a great guy. Yard Dawg knows him.
Funny thing happened at lunch. ABB called me she was in our town today for work so we met for lunch. Picked her up and headed to McD's! First time I've been out in a while!
Anyway, were both in Baby, I'm driving and we were talking about that. I look over at the light we were sitting at I said look at that flat bed Dodge there hangin a right, I saw one like that on Ferns thread!!
As he was going through intersection, the guy inside was smiling looking at us! OK not unusual.
Light turns green and Baby lets off with a squeel of the tires.
ABB = You better slow down you just got a warning ticket in BOF last week.
Me = I know but I think that's the guy who wants me to help, I want to catch up at next light! Hope we don't get a ticket!
We pull up alongside, and he's all smiles from ear to ear and so are we. He's rollin down the window & ABB is too.
It was him!! LOL!!! Way funny, we all were laughing!
We hollar our howdies and off we went. Seems like a real nice guy!!!
I wouldn't have even known he lived 10 miles away without FABO!
But WOW does he have some nice cars by the looks. Outa my league!
Hope I can do what he wants me to!!!!
Well didn't mean to bore you Dreno, but it was really a bright spot in my week!!8)
Have a great evening & Merry Christmas!!

Hope so! Not afraid of working Darts:love7:

Seems like a great guy. Yard Dawg knows him.
Funny thing happened at lunch. ABB called me she was in our town today for work so we met for lunch. Picked her up and headed to McD's! First time I've been out in a while!
Anyway, were both in Baby, I'm driving and we were talking about that. I look over at the light we were sitting at I said look at that flat bed Dodge there hangin a right, I saw one like that on Ferns thread!!
As he was going through intersection, the guy inside was smiling looking at us! OK not unusual.
Light turns green and Baby lets off with a squeel of the tires.
ABB = You better slow down you just got a warning ticket in BOF last week.
Me = I know but I think that's the guy who wants me to help, I want to catch up at next light! Hope we don't get a ticket!
We pull up alongside, and he's all smiles from ear to ear and so are we. He's rollin down the window & ABB is too.
It was him!! LOL!!! Way funny, we all were laughing!
We hollar our howdies and off we went. Seems like a real nice guy!!!
I wouldn't have even known he lived 10 miles away without FABO!
But WOW does he have some nice cars by the looks. Outa my league!
Hope I can do what he wants me to!!!!
Well didn't mean to bore you Dreno, but it was really a bright spot in my week!!8)
Have a great evening & Merry Christmas!!

That is not boredom.Wow! :cheers:I think that's great!What a coincedence,ya think maybe someone up there is watching over you?I really hope you can get some work out of this to brighten up your Christmas.What a standup guy 340dart.812 is for offering to help ya out. Again and again this FABO thing amazes me!You have a good night and I will be talking to you again before Christmas.I wish i had your attitude.8)

That is not boredom.Wow! :cheers:I think that's great!What a coincedence,ya think maybe someone up there is watching over you?I really hope you can get some work out of this to brighten up your Christmas.What a standup guy 340dart.812 is for offering to help ya out. Again and again this FABO thing amazes me!You have a good night and I will be talking to you again before Christmas.I wish i had your attitude.8)

It was kinda cool! ABB called no plans, out of the blue, so I leaped up and ran out the door for lunch, timing had to be PERFECT for that to happen & funny thing, I have hardly ever rushed out of the house like that, ABB only had 30 min for lunch!
Wow! way cool!
I really hope someone is looking out for us. Hey don't think I'm not thankful either!!!!
I'm givin 500% effort for him if he wants my help!
My only wish would be to not disappoint, he's got some cool looking cars!

We were bummin about Christmas, but not because we were so short for us. We have always had more than enough and have gotten used to GIVING. It's kinda hard to admit to yourself you can't help like in the past.
Maybe the past of us helping is catching up with us!!!
We have had some other FABO ask to help us too, but there are others worse off and we are going to try to focus on them not us.
Besides I got all kinds of stuff to sell. We were trying to downsize anyway.
One guy was supposed to pick up my zero turn mower today, Oh well, he will probibly show tomarrow!
I am totally now getting juiced about Christmas again. Be headin down monday, I might as well volunteer to be a shopper this year for Warm the Children. We helped them last year and ABB went shopping with the familys. She don't have time this year so I guess I got to step up this year!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year Dreno!! Keep in touch!

Thought we would be starting again today. Someone was comming over to buy my mower for $1500 so I thought we were set.
Drove an hour to get here. Was an hour late too. Already sold his old mower for him so he brought it too to trade. Yard Dawg was getting his old zero turn 60" deck 18 yrs old.
Mine bought June 08 (back when I had a job) brand new, well taken care of, 2 years left on transferrable warranty (they pick up/deliver free too). I clean this mower after each use. 100 hours on it, 16 of those were at service when they left it on over weekend!!! This thing was 2495.oo new. I had advertised at $1700.00 OBO with full tank of gas and just serviced and sharpened at warranty shop!
They left with out my mower and kept their piece of crap! Why?
Here's some of what transpired. Keep in mind this guy has a great city job $, and he knows I've been out of work over a year.

We greet. (Before anything is mentioned about the mower in front of them, His father looks at BOF (further up the drive) and says nice car, too bad it's a 4 door.
(This is the very first time I have ever heard someone say this to me not in jest.)
He says I like 2 doors but hate 4 door cars, I've never seen one I liked.:thebirdm:
(I thought ok, show him Baby, everybody falls in love with her in person)
So I said hate 4 doors huh? Bet ya a dollar, I can show you a 4 door you'll like, follow me. Went to the barn and opened the door. He said wow, is that a 63 or 64? (Plate on front bumper clearly says 1964 on it) Pointed to plate and said "niiiineteeeeen siiiixty fooooouuuur"
Oh! I didn't see that.
He looked over, says, ok I like it but I don't like 4 doors!
I says everybody outa the barn!!!
Were walking back to the mower now and there already talkin it down! Dropped from 17 to 15 over the phone before he got here (need the $)
He gets on my mower starts, and proceeded to pull and push the PTO button on/off so fast so many times the deck looked like it was going to fly out from underneth!!! (Thank You Warranty and tire kickers on my mower no more!)
WO WO WO WO!!!!!! STOP THE MOWER!!!!! SHUT IT OFF NOW!!!!!!!
Get off the mower.
What? Whats wrong???
Get your mower off the trailer and fire it up, let me get on and jack your PTO on and off like it's my gun for fun on a saturday night!!! Go Ahead get it started!!!
Well, I really don't know if it's what I want.
OK, leave go eat dinner or sleep on it whatever, but now you got my mower dirty, I'm going to mow before it gets dark , SEE YA!!!
Well, I just really don't know, it might not be big enough.
Not if your used to a 20 year old commercial 60" mower (he has less than an acre, used to have 3.)
Well I really don't think......
Hey, You dickered all your gonna dicker on the phone before even comming here, so you can stop bashin the mower. ( earlier he wanted me to deliver an hour fifteen away 1 way for $1250!!)
I lowered the price, I sold your old mower for you, I'm not doing anything else just because I'm needing money, your not rippin me off!!
Matter of fact take your 4 door hatin', jelous dad and get the *@%&##$
OUT OF HERE!!!
He says, Hey I didn't mean to make you mad but the mower is...
Get the "F" out now, and you didn't make me mad, your low taste mustang lovin dad did now G E T T H E "F" O U T O F H E R E!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!
Pushed them out the gate, shut the gate and while they were still talking, I got on the mower, fired it up and started mowing my acre!!!!
ACEHOLES.........MUSTANG LOVERS!!!!!!!
Go find another zero turn 42" cut 19hp cast iron Kohler with 2 more years of free pickup/deliver warranty, as cheap, and as good of shape as mine!!!! Jerks!!
ABB was already spending the money when their truck was pulling away, she was looking at me funny, while I was smiling from ear to ear riding & mowing!! When I finallly came in she was wonderin what happened......Now she's bummed again!! Thought Christmas was comming to town. (Didn't want to tell her bout the 4 door 63 white with red interior for $700.00 I found already!!!, Christmas heck, I was getting that car!)

Oh almost forgot, heres a chuckle for you. They thought I was weird when they insulted Baby in front of her:angry7: I put both arms out and hugged her roof and gave her a little peck:love7: before I kicked them otta the barn.
Man the looks on those city slickers faces when I came up from kissing her roof!! Dang You shoulda seen there mouths hanging open!! HAHAHAHAh
Dam I love Baby, they really thought I was nuts!!!.................

I know, but thats besides the point!!:toothy10:
Insult Baby?... the nerve!!! If that guy wasn't 70 and his big *** son wasn't there, I beleive I would have took a poke at him!!!:boxing:

So anyway, Will be starting on Fern again either tomarrow or monday, money or not!!!
AND I don't care she's a 4 door but, I may consider thems fightin words in the right situation!!

If we ever meet sometime, it's ok to insult the 4 doors in front of me, ABB, BOF, or Fern, but don't anybody EVER diss my Baby in front of her!!!!!!That's probibly the red button at this point!! (like a rottwieler on a soup bone!)

People skills -25 points!

Well that sux bud.Too bad ya couldn't make the deal,but that guy sounds like an a$$hole who you you never could deal with anyhow.Idiots who waste your time thinkin they are just gonna talk ya down and your gonna go for it.Sorry it feel thru,maybe there's someone out there with a little sense who would want your mower.Chin up!!8)

Stick to your guns bud. To be insulted on your own property is fighting words. :boxing:

My first Mopar was a 4 door 68 Dart /6 I bought from a nice older lady.
People would say nice taxi or old lady car. I didn't care. I was still cooler then them with there car payments.

Stick to your guns bud. To be insulted on your own property is fighting words. :boxing:

My first Mopar was a 4 door 68 Dart /6 I bought from a nice older lady.
People would say nice taxi or old lady car. I didn't care. I was still cooler then them with there car payments.

I have seen a couple a jabs here on FABO in good fun about the 4 doors. I said something to ABB, and she agreed we had never really had anyone ever say "WOW NICE CAR, TOO BAD IT HAS 4 DOORS" and mean it.
Everywhere we have ever went with Baby, all stops, people ALWAYS stop & talk, also always show their love for her.

When I was getting offered on the phone from these morons the 15, 14, 1250 delivered, sudgestions on the phone ABB was next to me shaking her head NO the whole time. Even though we needed it she wasn't letting me just settle for whatever cash!

After I explained what happened outside, she wasn't so bad about loosing the money. (We had 3 hour wait on this guy so we had a good chance to spend the money already like 20 times! LOL!!!!!! )

I was as giddy as a kid in a candy store till the showed up and dissed Baby, then it was on like donkey kong!!! Pass the can of whup *** please!:toothy10:

I really question sometimes my people skills after 35 years of customer service in printing. Sometimes when you press the right button at the right time (even in printing lol), no matter how much money and how much I need it, If you hit the red button, I'll tell ya to go F yourself!

They couldn't even break me of it in the military!

Still had fun mowing my yard!8)

Those real nice fellers' obviously haven't tried haulin' their sorry :bootysha: asses into the back seat of a 2 door lately.... Especially the aged, opinionated one.
Hope the cheap bastards have to resort to usin' a push mower for a while... Karma works in strange ways.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Glad you sent the bottom-feeding POS away empty-handed. Unfortunately you will see a lot of that.

Alright hon, calm down, and get back to work. Fern said she was upset because you aint paying her no attention. Them guys didn't know what they were talking about anyway. Nobody talks about Baby and I mean nobody. She will get her feelings hurt and then she won't start for me. Someone else will come along and if not we will be ok.8)

-
Back