Adams 71 Dart

-
NICE find Adam. I picture it parked at Marcus already! I agree with the red color. That and the scoops will look sharp. I didnt read every reply to the thread, wondering if you were going w/ the bumblebee stripe kit?

Thanks Tom. Yes it will have a bumble bee stripe and a black vinyl top, Rallyes and the twin scoops.

Looking good Amigo.... The red with black interior, top, and rump stripe is going to look bitchin to the third power. Your going with Ralleys? Hmmm... Torque Thrusts sure would look good. Flat black centers with the polished lip.

YE-OW!!!!! =P~

Not much new going on with the car. Picked up a set of scoops and some little pieces. Other then that Ive just been adding to "The list"

A small update, The car should be in my friends body shop next week for final prep work and paint. It will be F4 green even though my wife doesnt like it, LOL

I finally found a 71 Thermoquad intake for a reasonable price, Thanks Frank, aka MoparGod !

still need to find a set of 71 exhaust manifolds and a 70-71 340 air cleaner and have Demon Sizzler build me another T-quad.

Steve_Ks_1970_Dart.jpg

That project is comeing along very well - thats gonna be a fun ride!!

No the car was originally Red with a black interior and black top. I like red but want something that isnt real bright. I've all ways liked the greens and every mopar I have owned was green from the factory but repainted by the time I got them.

I would love to leave the vinyl top off but I need it to cover up the repair in the roof were the aftermarket sunroof was.

Hey Adam, just saw your thread. It's hard to tell in the photo but F4 green is that similar to the forest green color in 73? I think it will look great with that color combination. What color are the scoops going to be body color or black? Anyway, looks great, nice solid Dart. Keep the pics coming.

Heres a better picture of F4. The engine bay in my sig picture is F8

I havent decided if the Scoops will be body color or black. Depends if I do the hood black out or not.

If the hood isnt blacked out they will be body color.Not sure if they are supposed to be black or body color if the hood get blacked out though. Ive seen it either way. Anyone know for sure ?

Also havent decided if the top will be black or green.

Those style of scoops look hot in body colour. I'm with you Adam, not into the flashy colours, but if you are not doing it stock, look at some of the new greens. Similar shades, but the paint just seems to pop in the sun.

Those style of scoops look hot in body colour. I'm with you Adam, not into the flashy colours, but if you are not doing it stock, look at some of the new greens. Similar shades, but the paint just seems to pop in the sun.

I work at a Honda dealer and there is a green on the New CRV that is very close. If I cant get F4 in base/clear I may do it that color. Its very easy to maintain, hides small scratched and doesnt easily look dirty like white or black will.

By the way, That Rallye wheel I got from you is mounted up and now on the back of the car. Thanks again !

Here's a friends car, it's supposed to be 70 F4, I think it's a about F3.5 a little light.

It's got a real nasty little 340, 4 speed, .585 solid cam, spintech, 3.91's. Should run pretty good

Rob, He sent me some pictures of it. Its actually 96, F3. They couldnt get F4 in Base/clear from Dupont.

Hey Adam, thanks for the info. We're getting close and my son is trying to finalize his color choice. :cheers:

You said you're getting rid of the sunroof? Replacing the whole roof or just patching in a panel? Either way, I'd love to see progress pics...

-
Back