Adjustable rockers adjusters problem?..

-
It's just the rough casting on the armpit...
Kind of the nature of the beast when casting stuff.. some are going to be a little different than others but the relationship between the adjuster the push pad and the massive hole for the shaft should be the same... (But I'm told they're not LOL..) again this problem generally happens when putting larger diameter Springs on...
And personally I couldn't give a flip trickle about perfect geometry.. I would rather enjoy my mopars driving them and racing them then letting them sit because of not perfect geometry.
I take it you weren't to good in geometry class. lol
nice score on the Crane rockers.

I take it you weren't to good in geometry class. lol
nice score on the Crane rockers.
Post number one should clarify that I was asking about the adjusters on Factory 273 rockers.. of 273 rockers cast rockers were clearance just a little bit for the non-factory springs that were put in.. the distance from the Factory placement of the shaft to the tip of the valve remain the same it was the diameter of the spring that changed and ran into the rocker which needed a little grinding for clearance...
Now as far as people bring the geometry argument into this thread it's far beyond me why they don't start their own about it because that's not what this thread was about at all... And for the record I don't give a rats stick about rocker arm geometry...

Your variable clearance of 0.000-0.020" between the rockers & springs could be due to poor retainer fit on the springs [ too loose ]. A tighter fitting retainer would centre the springs & hopefully split the difference so that you have 0.010" clearance.

Dang it I had to disagree again LOL...
I rarely ever disagree with you.. just because I disagreed with the whole aluminum head thing... Don't worry I'm handsome enough to figure this one out LOL...
Dam, how much have u had to drink today? Lol

-
Back