after ospho?

-

you

Reaction score
been a while since last post. got the whole front clip of my scamp sandblasted down to bare metal (will try 2 put up pic soon) wiped dwn whole thing with laquer thinner and applied a good coat of ospho and has dried thurouly. now the questions : was on another site(autobodystore.com) quite an informative and interesting site and they were talkn bout phosforic acid products. some say hose the **** off others say dont touch, others say wipe off befor it dries and so on. so whats the deal?????? the bottle says let dry and wipe off white residue. o.k thats easy but do i just wipe off w a rag, or sand lightly, or wire brush or just paint away????? also can i spray epoxy primer over the ospho, some on that site said they had adhesion problems??? well thats it a little long winded i know but thanks for ur time and help

The guy that told me about ospho said just wait for it to dry and paint over it. But I've always had to scrub the rust out.

I just hit lightly with some 220 to take any surface residue off(after dried).I have never had a problem with flaking paint.

DSC00001 (Custom).JPG

-
Back