Air Compressor Nozzle "Failure"

-

dibbons

Reaction score
New six gallon Dewalt air compressor from Home Depot included some "free" cheap axx accessories. When I tightened the hose adaptor fitting into the nozzle for the first time, the pot metal split open. The nozzle weighs about the same as a hummingbird feather.

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

Last edited:
As you stated….. cheap *** accessories…..

I like the pistol grip ones. You might be able to find them at Harbor Freight and the like but I can't guarantee the quality. There's a metal piston with a rubber o ring. Pretty simple.

air nozzle.jpg

Sorry about your misfortune. Just another example of corporations including junk parts to give the illusion of added value to their product. They'd be better off putting the money they spent on that junk nozzle towards better components on the compressor itself.

Sorry about your misfortune. Just another example of corporations including junk parts to give the illusion of added value to their product. They'd be better off putting the money they spent on that junk nozzle towards better components on the compressor itself.
Unfortunately some consumers equate value to how many trinkets/extras that come with the core item. As soon as one manufacturer offers ´one or more ´ trinkets than the quality core item advertised beside it on the shelf, those consumers get blinded by the quantity figure instead of the quality of the item. Then most of the other manufactures add in the crap too to compete. The race to the bottom commences….

-
Back