Aligned into oblivion

-
So I picked up the car after work today and drove it home. No wandering, no rubbing and clearance between the tire and fender, done for free. I wanted to have an indepth conversation with the owner but I got there after they closed. He was telling me the car was hit in the front end at some time and that made it difficult to align. I should be able to get the specs that the car was aligned to tomorrow. I don't mind paying for quality work, I just did'nt want an expensive repair that left my car unsafe to drive. BTW thanks for all the help and especially for the skosh chart alignment specs. I printed it and brought it in with me.

So I picked up the car after work today and drove it home. No wandering, no rubbing and clearance between the tire and fender, done for free. I wanted to have an indepth conversation with the owner but I got there after they closed. He was telling me the car was hit in the front end at some time and that made it difficult to align. I should be able to get the specs that the car was aligned to tomorrow. I don't mind paying for quality work, I just did'nt want an expensive repair that left my car unsafe to drive. BTW thanks for all the help and especially for the skosh chart alignment specs. I printed it and brought it in with me.

So, that's good to hear, but do you know what they did to fix it? Is there still a spacer in there? Have you inspected the damage to the inside of the rim?

Without knowing what they did to fix it or what the current alignment specs are I wouldn't be rushing to judgement just yet.

True, thanks for the heads up. Hopefully some good answers tomorrow.

Glad to hear that! I have to find a shop myself. My mechanic (RIP) set mine up for drag racing years ago and it seems to understeer and wander a bit. What specs from the skosh chart did you request?

As to the 14" steel wheels with a 4.25 BS, and hitting the UBJ;That happened to me too.But only when the suspension was at or near full droop.So;
I went to a 15"steel wheel with a 4.5BS, to try to get up over it. That mostly worked,lol, but it seems the wheels I had purchased had enough runout, to also hit the UBJ, in a new spot, also at full droop. And there was no way to run a grease zerk, so those were replaced with plugs. So next I ground both the wheels and the UBJ for minimum clearance,and lastly;I then backed off the 1.03 bars to lower the front ride height to mitigate full droop from happening.
Of course with the front now so low, I hadda lower the rear end too.And that is how my ride-height came to be,lol; not because I wanted it, but because those stinking 8" wheels wouldn't run any other way,lol.
And then I backed off the alignment rack. And then I turned the steering wheel. And then the tires rubbed on the fenders.Chit! Well about 10 minutes with a tin snips and a grinder, and I was back in action, ready to give my new 15" stickies a workout.
And Wow!:steering:All that work finally paid off.:)
Too bad the stickies only lasted less than 6 weeks.
realcrazy.gif
:(
It sure was fun tho, while it lasted:thumbsup:

-
Back