all I have to say is when buying an old car dont trust anyone about its history

-
This is 1 of the reasons I don’t advertise my 75 360 Duster for sale. It is a numbers matching car with 41,000 original miles. I know for a fact that it the original mileage on it. This will be 1 car that will probably die a slow death as most ppl think that year is worth nothing. I have ppl wanting to buy it 3 or 4 times a year. They ask what will it take to buy this sweet car from u? I say make me an offer I can’t refuse. Doesn’t happen. When I had it appraised the guy said: too bad it’s a 75. I said why’s that? He said even though it’s all original and is rust free with good paint that it really isnt worth any more than a 100,000 mile car that needs rust repair and is not numbers matching. He also said that a guy with lots of bills to prove work was done will get a higher appraisal. WTF. I told him to get the **** outta here . Kim

This is 1 of the reasons I don’t advertise my 75 360 Duster for sale. It is a numbers matching car with 41,000 original miles. I know for a fact that it the original mileage on it. This will be 1 car that will probably die a slow death as most ppl think that year is worth nothing. I have ppl wanting to buy it 3 or 4 times a year. They ask what will it take to buy this sweet car from u? I say make me an offer I can’t refuse. Doesn’t happen. When I had it appraised the guy said: too bad it’s a 75. I said why’s that? He said even though it’s all original and is rust free with good paint that it really isnt worth any more than a 100,000 mile car that needs rust repair and is not numbers matching. He also said that a guy with lots of bills to prove work was done will get a higher appraisal. WTF. I told him to get the **** outta here . Kim

its a 75 man, no one wants it
think about, 41000 original miles?
thats less then a 1000 miles a year
see, no one ever wanted to drive that piece

stir.gif

It not a 70 or 71..... That's the life of a Duster. Same for the Camaros. 69's just generate more revenue. The truth to it is your car would be much more of a pleasure to drive and enjoy versus some freshly restored Early version. Even on a high end restorer's best day it's hard to beat how they came out of the factory.....

Keep it and enjoy it. One day someone may pop us and put a number in front of you that makes sense. Otherwise we are all just outsiders looking in lol.....

JW

well , still for sale....lowered price down to 22,900.....now it is only double what he paid me for it.....

You had a healthy number on it when I saw it for sale. Didn't know the number was that low. It would have been in my garage since it was pretty close to my first one. Oh well, it is what it is.

I wouldn't hesitate to bust their chops. It's just another shady person trying to pull the wool over someone's eyes....

JW

Lying about a story is one thing. Lying about the odometer is a whole other thing. That should be reported

This ^^^^^ Messin with a car's mileage is breaking the LAW. End of story. If you know about it and let it slide, that makes you complicit.

That's funny. I always thought the Valiant based cars got better lookin in the later years. They didn't have the pronounced beak the Dodges did......although the beak cars have grown on me some. I like the 73+ Plymouths. Lots of other people do too.

You had a healthy number on it when I saw it for sale. Didn't know the number was that low. It would have been in my garage since it was pretty close to my first one. Oh well, it is what it is.

I wouldn't hesitate to bust their chops. It's just another shady person trying to pull the wool over someone's eyes....

JW

Yes, 11K on ebay

well, I guess they sold it....car is gone... last price was 22K advertised....not sure what they ended up getting for it... and it only had 20K miles on it...yeah OK......hahaha...well see where it turns up next time for sale and hear the new story....cant wait!

After I sold the White Whale I it suddenly obtained a "recently rebuilt" transmission and I think engine as well

well, I guess they sold it....car is gone... last price was 22K advertised....not sure what they ended up getting for it... and it only had 20K miles on it...yeah OK......hahaha...well see where it turns up next time for sale and hear the new story....cant wait!

Or...maybe they saw this post and took the ad down. Its not showing up as sold like other cars on their site.

My brother sold a car on fleabag not getting the money upfront
Of course the guy reneged
He wound up on court tv got the car back and 3500
I searched for years for 70 Dart duster or demon
They all said absolutely no rust fortunAtely I actually went to look at them
One had a basketball sized chunk of bondo with enough to see corn cobs used as filler!!!!!
So I was hesitant to buy a car off eBay
So I had the owner send extensive pics which also showed it stripped
Thanh God it was actually true

Wow, all i have to say is buyer beware! I sold a car a year ago which I owned for 33 years....found it for sale online recently....mileage was rolled back 70K....added 18K over what i sold it for.....I was the 4th owner in this state....went a couple of states away........so for ***** and giggles I called the number and played the game........guy said local 1 owner trade....20K miles.....blah blah blah......I have no interest in getting the car back but goes to show you, BUYER BEWARE!
Some would call that "marketing" LOL! you know, the BS story that "sells" trhe car I am not saying its right. These cars are becoming a "rich mans" game though, they have "Classic car" lots with financing etc. Used to be a cash and carry thing. If I could get into how many $100 Mopars I bought in the 80s...

There were all kinds of stories about the famous racers and race teams that raced my car..... all unconfirmed. I paid what i thought the car was worth to me, not a penny for the story.
Otoh, i met a guy who told me he was a previous owner of my car. Told me it had had a 727 come apart, and i would find a patch in the trans tunnel. .....
He was right.

I have a slant car with actual 94000 miles but doubt if anyone cares!!!! ha
except me!
OK so it i a slant.
OK so it probably will go 395,000 (or at least the engine!)

Once I get the check and sign over the pink slip, I usually tell em the car has 100k on it but the back seat has about 250k. If you hear noises, it's just the spirit of my virginity that I lost back there crying out.

Enjoy!

-
Back