All mopar friends here?

-
Yeah, I've sold stuff here and on eBay and given parts away too, sold most parts on the cheep but better than trashing it. Just happy that someone can use it. I believe if you do good things, good things will come your way. If you act like an SOB, don't be surprised when someone returns the favor.

You want cheap Moparts? find them on a Chevy site! I bought a set of Mopar T&D rockers for $150!

Yeah, I've sold stuff here and on eBay and given parts away too, sold most parts on the cheep but better than trashing it. Just happy that someone can use it. I believe if you do good things, good things will come your way. If you act like an SOB, don't be surprised when someone returns the favor.

Bingo.

Ive seen that lesson a thousand times

she sells sea shells by the see shore - if ya don't like the price, go try to buy the same thing else-where... with that said, if I price it too low and you're lucky enough to be first up - yay for you. Pay up and run home happy. And if you're simply trying to turn a buck - that's all good too, trust me, I would do it to you if I thought there was some decent $$ to be made. (think American Pickers). Conversely, if my price is too high, please feel free to say so and try to get a better one - if I really want to sell it, I will listen - but beware that I may just be "testing the waters" to see if there are any unwary swimmers out there... :D
We may all be "Mopar brethren" but that doesn't translate into cutting someone such a great deal that it costs the seller $$, and it certainly shouldn't be expected. So right quick here - let's use OP's example - $500 for a twice repaired grill - - yep, that's a lot of $$, but they are getting pretty dang hard to find so... pay up or move on. OR... make the guy an offer - it really is true that no one asks what they really want - EVER. (I'd like 500 but I would take 375 - ring any bells??)
In closing - how I (we, you, us) price "my" parts and who I (we, you, us) decide gets a deal and who I (we, you, us) try to soak for a few extra bucks is "my" business.. see? Mopar on :steering:

she sells sea shells by the see shore - if ya don't like the price, go try to buy the same thing else-where... with that said, if I price it too low and you're lucky enough to be first up - yay for you. Pay up and run home happy. And if you're simply trying to turn a buck - that's all good too, trust me, I would do it to you if I thought there was some decent $$ to be made. (think American Pickers). Conversely, if my price is too high, please feel free to say so and try to get a better one - if I really want to sell it, I will listen - but beware that I may just be "testing the waters" to see if there are any unwary swimmers out there... :D
We may all be "Mopar brethren" but that doesn't translate into cutting someone such a great deal that it costs the seller $$, and it certainly shouldn't be expected. So right quick here - let's use OP's example - $500 for a twice repaired grill - - yep, that's a lot of $$, but they are getting pretty dang hard to find so... pay up or move on. OR... make the guy an offer - it really is true that no one asks what they really want - EVER. (I'd like 500 but I would take 375 - ring any bells??)
In closing - how I (we, you, us) price "my" parts and who I (we, you, us) decide gets a deal and who I (we, you, us) try to soak for a few extra bucks is "my" business.. see? Mopar on :steering:

Not really. Once again. This time in English please.:elmer:

I can attest from selling over the years...this is not the place to list high dollar items. They just don't sell here for some reason!
It's half cheap skates and the other half realists.
If it's priced so high it doesn't sell...then the seller isn't really trying to sell it in the first place....so it will rot on the wall, shelf or garage where it sits until it is unusable or they die and then one of the family who could give a **** ends up giving it away or trashing it.
The realistic ones here know what it's really worth and have enough self respect to not give up their backdoor for it.

Last edited:
At those points the part is no longer mine to have any say in. Someone sells something I sold or gave away and makes the profit, then I'm the one who sold for cheap or gave it away. No longer mine to worry about. And more power to 'em.

Funny, people ***** if someone sells at a gain. No one bitches if someone sells at a loss.

Either way, ain't yours anymore to have a say in, one way or the other.
I smell what you're cooking. my point was that after some people make it point to convince people they are in dire need ( LIE TO ME ) and have been searching the country side or it's a father and son project and need the help or they don't have X amount of dollars and could I work with them , THEN to find the **** on eBay or a week later on FBBO, that's when it bothers me and fucks it up for the next time .

I saw two used oil burning furnaces for sale. 250.00. Smokin deal. Way too far for me to go and grab,as i would have needed my trailer.
They sold.
A month later, back up for sale. 1,000. Go figure.

For the most part, I think prices on this site are reasonable and the sellers are great people to work with. I think the key to getting a good price is to be patient, and good deals will come along. Know what you want and search the "for sale" ads often. When the item comes along, you have to jump on it quickly.

I'm in California, and an 8-3/4 came up for sale for $500 at 1:00 a.m. All the rest of the Country was in bed. Not only did it have the gear ratio I wanted, it was only 3 hours away. I emailed the guy right away.

What is the worst is when you sell an item cheap to someone building one car and the buyer asks how many you have. They than say I'll take them all. At that time I feel different about helping people.

So why give a member a deal when they are just going to resell. Those are the guys that can have the same part as you and theirs are just worth so much more as soon as they get them home.

I will pay top dollar for things I need when they are available to save the time of the search. So I find the harder it is to find what you need the more it is worth.

I always look at the want ads and usually have the items needed. But after being on here for sometime you know the guys fixing cars to sell and the keepers. It is the keepers that I try and help.

Me I just strip cars for guys that buy them for parts for cars that are coming in the shop and get many items from them for myself. After all shop time isn't free so the parts don't come without a price.

I have a 71 Roadrunner I have been buying parts for. Now that forum is ridicules on prices. Maybe that is why I am not a gold member there. B&E bodies are in a different class when it comes to peoples income. I am not in that catagory yet and will probably never be that wealthy.

It's half cheap skates and the other half realists.
If it's priced so high it doesn't sell...then the seller isn't really trying to sell it in the first place....so it will rot on the wall, shelf or garage where it sits until it is unusable or they die and then one of the family who could give a **** ends up giving it away or trashing it.
The realistic ones here know what it's really worth and have enough self respect to not give up their backdoor for it.

To me, it's just like anything else, you have to know your customer base, and what to sell where. I have never been one to overprice my items, in fact some of my regular customers at swap meets call me "cheap parts", because they don't know my name I guess! I've given away tons of parts here, and will always make sure people get the stuff they need at a price that makes us both happy! My initial post is just that, I know what to sell here and what to sell other places, I don't do eBay, but the FB Mopar sites have sure opened up other avenues to sell stuff!!

Unless I hit the Powerball on Saturday
When you sell a part or parts cheap enough that the buyer turns around and exploits it by reselling it at a higher price, that's yellow belly **** right there.
I can't stand people that do that.

Only exception is if you get stuck on a project and then abandon it yrs later, in that case you sell the stuff off down the line at the current price that is gonna be reasonably higher than yrs before when ya bought it.

When you sell a part or parts cheap enough that the buyer turns around and exploits it by reselling it at a higher price, that's yellow belly **** right there.

Only exception is if you get stuck on a project and then abandon it yrs later, in that case you sell the stuff off down the line at the current price that is gonna be reasonably higher than yrs before when ya bought it.
Not all think like this but you are absolutely correct

I have a 79 Volare in my current stable among A bodies. The F body group is a small and neat group of enthusiasts. Reminds me of the Mopar camp from 30 years ago. Recently someone on net site stated a decent F body will part out for $2000, but no one would give more than $1000 for it as a project. Well he is pretty much right.
A good grill is extremely hard to find, they can bring $300-400 for a mint one. (Plastic crap). He is in Ohio or Pa. where there are more buyers for F body stuff. It would take me 10 years to part out a F body here in Tx. if I was parting one. And then I would have to ship the parts back East AND pay the shipping!! lol
Grills??? Take the 71-2 sharktooth duster grill. IT is repoped at a cost of what? $1200 give or take. I saw one on her with sme cars for $300-400. Now the guy that spent $6000 at the body shop needs a shiny new one. The guy that has a driver quality car, that $400 grill might be just right. Is $400 too much fir that grill? Only a man's wallet knows!! ( orhis wife)

I have a 79 Volare in my current stable among A bodies. The F body group is a small and neat group of enthusiasts. Reminds me of the Mopar camp from 30 years ago. Recently someone on net site stated a decent F body will part out for $2000, but no one would give more than $1000 for it as a project. Well he is pretty much right.
A good grill is extremely hard to find, they can bring $300-400 for a mint one. (Plastic crap). He is in Ohio or Pa. where there are more buyers for F body stuff. It would take me 10 years to part out a F body here in Tx. if I was parting one. And then I would have to ship the parts back East AND pay the shipping!! lol
Grills??? Take the 71-2 sharktooth duster grill. IT is repoped at a cost of what? $1200 give or take. I saw one on her with sme cars for $300-400. Now the guy that spent $6000 at the body shop needs a shiny new one. The guy that has a driver quality car, that $400 grill might be just right. Is $400 too much fir that grill? Only a man's wallet knows!! ( orhis wife)

Hey I'm glad I shook up the Port-O-Let. Interesting posts from hobbyist and people who make a living selling and buying mopar. I found that most people on this site are good and honest people, hard to find these days. Thanks FABO members.

ok @moparmandan care to explain why you disagree with my post #8? please do share. are you trying to say prices on FABO are just as bad as mofarts or FBBO?

ok @moparmandan care to explain why you disagree with my post #8? please do share. are you trying to say prices on FABO are just as bad as mofarts or FBBO?
Naw I must have fat fingered it while scrolling or hit it while trying to agree. In fact I totally agree and that's the reason why I don't own a b-body today. Yet.:thumbsup:
My apologies.

IDK, if you sell it for what you want for and they resell for more, so what? It’s how the entire used car business runs. How is that yellow belly?

Now if I give someone something to help them out and they resell it, that’s a different story. They won’t ever get another part from me again. Same goes for if I slash a price to help someone out and then they resell for profit.

Now if I give someone something to help them out and they resell it, that’s a different story. They won’t ever get another part from me again. Same goes for if I slash a price to help someone out and then they resell for profit.
I agree with that part, absolutely.

I try to sell the parts I have to people that need it for their projects. With a discounted price knowing that.
But sometimes it doesn't always work that way.However,
I just sold a flywheel to somebody that didn't have enough money that I told him I would wait for next month to get the payment and I sent it to him.
Because I knew he was trustworthy.
And that's what this should all be about.

D.

Didn't say they don't have a right to ask. P.T. Barnum said " There's a sucker born everyday", but what happened to brotherhood and a sense of decency toward our mopar friends?

Does this mean you saw something you wanted, but the guy who has what you wanted is asking a higher price? I am cheap too, but the prices on FABO are a hell of a lot less than on eBag. Sometimes a friend here will give it to you free or charge as little as the ride. Not only that, they are always here with the advice, opinions you seek, or the expertise you need, to do the job you want to do.......for free. Think about the value of that....

-
Back