alluminum heads question.

-

tekslk

Reaction score
Anybody no anything at all about these heads. ebay
Item number:

Im looking too these look semi attractive but I find I usually get what I pay for. Thanks for keeping me in mine.

try racing junk .com they have alotta stuff for sale there to but i dont trust the people like in here kewl to browse tho lotta people economy is takn em down save 3-4 years to build took 1/2 year to loose it all yah kno

Oh no! Chinese Edelbrock heads! Let the flaming begin!....I'd run em....:)

:thumbdow:
A bare set of edelbrocks is like $260 more

and a pair of W2 heads is about $400 more!

I can imagine all bad rocker geometry, problems with combustion pressures, torque specifications, sheer quality of the material, core shift, lazy machine work, cooling properties.

There's way too much potential for error to risk it for a relatively small financial saving.

However, if they were $500 I'd give them a look for my own curiosity.

Go with Edelbrock heads or RHS cast iron heads

The Airwolf220 are Pro Comp cores...

I wish someone here would hurry up and buy a pair of them so that we can get some real world feedback on them. The only thing I've been reading so far is Bryce on Moparts who CNC ported them, put them on a test mule and got good results. He sold the heads to another member over there but he hasn't got them on yet. I PM'd him and he did say that he was impressed with the quality of the castings and the work that Bryce had done to them.

link to airwolf thread on Moparts

The ebay seller advertises CNC porting and then says (flow numbers not yet available)

..wtf?

The ebay seller advertises CNC porting and then says (flow numbers not yet available)

..wtf?

OOTB

flow @ 28"

intake exhaust

.100 73 63

.200 129 109

.300 190 143

.400 235 171

.500 251 184

.600 255 191

http://www.ebay.com/itm/chrysler-mo...Parts_Accessories&hash=item23262cfa86&vxp=mtr

CNC

.100 64.7 55.9
.200 139.9 106.7
.300 199.4 155.3
.400 244.1 194.5
.500 265.3 217.9
.600 272.2 230.1
.650 276.3 232.9
.700 279.1 236.7

http://www.ebay.com/itm/318-340-360...7651862?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item43b3b2da96

Be advised the Airwolf220 does not use the same CNC program...He has his own..He buys the heads with no seats or guides and installed their own seats and guide along with valves and springs...just buy the head bare unmachined.

someone has...he is Streetwize, He bought the heads that were on the engine master engine....you gotta read the thread a bit to find where he is on the

I've been in touch with Streetwize (see my post above) and have read the WHOLE thread. I also posted his visual impressions of the heads. As far as I can tell his combo isn't running yet.

I've been in touch with Streetwize (see my post above) and have read the WHOLE thread. I also posted his visual impressions of the heads. As far as I can tell his combo isn't running yet.

Buy a set and be the first on the block to review them...LOL

Buy a set and be the first on the block to review them...LOL

I wish I could!! But I have the type of personality where I have to over analyze every major purchase until it makes me sick to my stomach and I feel like scrapping the whole project.

I have been looking at heads for 2 years now. I even went as far as buying a set of Edelbrocks. I talked myself into selling them, and used the money to rebuild a motorcycle. The stroker project got put on the back burner. Until now...

herd the procomp aluminum heads for the chevys had issues,...needed lotta machine work to bring into specs... skip white sales them for all brands tho'

Those Airwolf heads flow well but with a 2.08 valve and 220cc runners they'd want to!

Specs sound like they're strictly designed for stroker engines to me.

Also, they're basically the same price as a set of machined and ported eddies with brand name valves, springs, etc.

There's a nice article in this month's Mopar Muscle on small block aluminum heads. Nothing that I haven't read before, but still lists what's available. The Airwolf even made the list!

-
Back