Aloha from Honolulu Hawaii

-

wanahemi

Reaction score
Actively been out of the mopar scene for a little while. Been sitting on a project car (68' 383 GTS) for awhile. I was planning on selling her, when a prospective buyer shows up in a 68' 340 GTS (about 90 percent restored). Instead of selling my car, I bought his! Will post some pics later.

Aloha!

Actively been out of the mopar scene for a little while. Been sitting on a project car (68' 383 GTS) for awhile. I was planning on selling her, when a prospective buyer shows up in a 68' 340 GTS (about 90 percent restored). Instead of selling my car, I bought his! Will post some pics later.

Aloha!

Guess all the servicemen got the hot rods in Hawaii and left them

When I was there in 1980 could not believe the cars and what was in the junk yard in the middle of the sugar cane field. Got parts for my Challenger and Cuda there and a door for my buddies Camaro.

Good Luck on restoring the GTS

post pictures when you can

Welcome! Good to see another Hawaii Mopar! Hope to see you around the cruise nights. Are you going to the Build the Track show on 6/14/08 @ Aloha Tower Marketplace? Big event. My Duster is going to be with the Pacific Rod and Street booth. Should be a good time. Would love to see your GTS sometime...

www.buildthetrack.com

Aloha, Mike~Ewa Beach

Welcome, look forward to seeing photos of your ride.

Hey Mike,

I've been trying to join the local Mopar club without any luck. Clicked the join and emailed to the RR address. Did I forget to do something? Or does it take a long time to finalize the membership? I've seen your car posted on there so I figure you are a member. Let me know.

Lets see what I can do...The President is Tommy...e-mail him and he'll hook you up...They get a ton of spam might be why it gets lost. I'll PM you.

Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy as there are many knowledgeable people on this site. Keep me in mind as we sell cars and parts fora living. Thanks, Amanda

Welcome to FABO. Let's see 'wanahemi' is an old Hawaiian word meaning "I want to go really fast!", right?
Have fun with your Mopars in paradise!

Guess all the servicemen got the hot rods in Hawaii and left them

When I was there in 1980 could not believe the cars and what was in the junk yard in the middle of the sugar cane field. Got parts for my Challenger and Cuda there and a door for my buddies Camaro.

Good Luck on restoring the GTS

post pictures when you can

Was that the yard out by Ewa Beach? (maybe closer to Wiapahu) Coupl'a Samoans ran the place, backed up to a lagoon? I remember a BUNCH of Mopars in there. I was at Barbers '84-'87.

welcome to FABO! i went to hawaii back in 03 but unfortunatly didn't get to search any yards for mopars, but im sure you have more there than around here. post pics of both your darts if you get the chance thanks!

Aloha wanahemi! I am originally from the Kaneohe/Kailua area and then moved to the top of Liliha St. (by John's Grocery Store).

Take it easy brudah!

Shot these when the previous owner drove up to check out my 68' 383 GTS that I was going to sell. Bought his instead and probably keep the other one as well!

RESIZE PIC 3.jpg

RESIZE PIC1.jpg

RESIZE PIC 2.jpg

Welcome to FABO! By chance was your GTS 383 originally blue? I went to school with a guy who had a blue one and always tried to get me to drop my Hemi into it.

The GTS 383 was primer gray when I bought it awhile ago from a guy up in Niu Valley. This black 340 was up in Kaimuki for awhile. Both cars were originally white.

-
Back