AlterK and motor questions

-

Stone Runner

Reaction score
Compiling parts for my build, originally was thinking of going budget but now thinking of alterK. I seem to severly underestimate the amount of time my projects will take. The alterK seems like it will shave off a lot of time and provide power steering. The front end would need rebuilding and the rear would need new springs so I am thinking a few thousand more spent on the project would be worth the cost.

Can a car motor be used with the alterK?

For those of you with the alterK has it significantly improved the handling?

Is the associated rear spring over suspension an improvement?

Thanks

Stone Runner, there are many people on this site that has the AlterKtion...Me being one of them...I also have the street linx kit, coupled together they create a handling package that is very tough to beat. It creates so much more room for headers, oil pans, you have any disc brake option you can think of, power or manual rack and pinion steering...It's a very very nice piece, and I would run anything else...I am a strong believer in the RMS AlterKtion, and don't think there is anything better...You can run any engine you want, big, small, old hemi, new hemi...

member "ABodyJoe" also has the front and rear kit, he loves it...

I think I'll just go out and buy an ol' Mustang II and stick my small block and 727 in it and save all that cash. I been airbrushing most of my life so I'm petty sure I can make the Mustang look like a fastback A Body Barracuda with just a little ingenuity. What color would you like to see it in :)

I would give Bill at RMS a call he is very nice and will answer any questions you have. I can;t wait to try out my alterk with a 440.

im also a believer, just purchase both front and rear kit, should be ready for the first shake down run in the spring...really looking forward to it....
Dodge29

Here's a pic of the '68 Valiant our club built as our 2008 charity raffle car. We used both the AlterKtion front and StreetLynx rear suspension with a 400" big-block. Ride was very comfortable on both SoCal city streets and freeways. Each club member that had an opportunity to drive it couldn't believe the ride and handling compared to a stock A-body and said it handled like a new 'Vette.

Attachments

• 2008Valiant400 (Small).jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 367
I think I'll just go out and buy an ol' Mustang II and stick my small block and 727 in it and save all that cash. I been airbrushing most of my life so I'm petty sure I can make the Mustang look like a fastback A Body Barracuda with just a little ingenuity. What color would you like to see it in :)

B5 blue!

Ive had mine for 5+ years.. Been all over the country with it.. excellent excellent stuff.
You can also get air bags etc.. Its really endless what RMS brings to the suspension table..

Can a car motor be used with the alterK? huh????

For those of you with the alterK has it significantly improved the handling? yes

Is the associated rear spring over suspension an improvement? was for me

I mean can a car 5.7 hemi be used with the alterk instead of a truck hemi.

Thanks for the replies.

and oil pan, and sump

And the front accessory drive right????......car has the accessories like the 6.1, truck mounts ac comp up top.

Yes the alterK can be used with the 5.7 car motor. You may have to notch the pinch weld on the factory frame rail about 1" for the AC compressor if memory serves.

And the front accessory drive right????......car has the accessories like the 6.1, truck mounts ac comp up top.

Yes the alterK can be used with the 5.7 car motor. You may have to notch the pinch weld on the factory frame rail about 1" for the AC compressor if memory serves.

I can attest to that, just check my build to see a car HEMI in an early A with Alter K.

I believe the truck brackets fit the abody better. Call rms , bill will tell ya everything you need.

-
Back