Aluminum bumper brackets, a new offering

-
Tried Paypal and was shut down for a hour--Steve

I displayed the brackets on a steel bumper. The bumper was actually supported by a base I made. Im not comfortable with the idea of supporting a steel bumper with my brackets. I could see making them out of .250 aluminum vs .125 with better results. My goal with my brackets is to loose weight up front for racing with a glass bumper.

Alright, thanks for being honest!

Another member here a few years ago was making some aluminum ones iirc and they were strong enough to hold the steel bumpers...they must have been the thicker aluminum.

Nice piece either way! If I ever go glass I'll get in touch for a set

I'll need to round up some stock brackets for those years. I'll put you on my mailing list for those. Thanks.
on the front what is the diffrence between a 72 duster and a 73? i can loan you my factory 73 front and rear steel bumper brackets. when i get that far i will a front and rear set for my 73 duster. mopar65

I would put a disclaimer on them motorhead,Some idiot is going to put these on a steel bumper and create a problem,Just put a little sticker saying "For fiberglass bumpers only"

I considered having "for off road use only" etched on the large parts. Most likely when the website is set up with a purchase route, I will ad a disclaimer. Im not a attorney so I do not know if that will do. Im just a millwright trying to make some light weight parts for our race cars! lol.

on the front what is the diffrence between a 72 duster and a 73? i can loan you my factory 73 front and rear steel bumper brackets. when i get that far i will a front and rear set for my 73 duster. mopar65

Im not sure what the difference is other than visual. All of the listings I find show 70-72, 73-76. There is some changes in 74 I believe to the "shock absorber" type support. I dont have either version from those years.

Alright, thanks for being honest!

Another member here a few years ago was making some aluminum ones iirc and they were strong enough to hold the steel bumpers...they must have been the thicker aluminum.

Nice piece either way! If I ever go glass I'll get in touch for a set

Those were a nice bracket! Ive been following the thread about those brackets. I have seen other posts where members have asked where to find aluminum brackets. I started working on this around christmas 2012 to maybe fill that void.

Hey guys, just something I want to put out there, I will refund your money if you are not satisfied with these parts or work with you to remedy the problem. My aluminum tig skills are improving but not 100%. Im working on non weld versions of these parts. Thanks for all the support. Jeff:burnout:

received my brackets today. I've had my Unlimited bumper since before Christmas. Maybe after this weekend I can get it put into place.

Very cool that you are making AND shipping the product! I'd be all in but I have an all steel 74 Duster, maybe when I get to my 68 barracuda

received my brackets today. I've had my Unlimited bumper since before Christmas. Maybe after this weekend I can get it put into place.

Let me know if you have any issues with them. I'm still tweaking the fit for early dusters. Thanks again. Jeff.

Very cool that you are making AND shipping the product! I'd be all in but I have an all steel 74 Duster, maybe when I get to my 68 barracuda

I'm still looking for later duster/dart stock brackets to make jigs. I just finished jigs for 67-69 barracuda front and 70-7? Challenger front. Let me know when you need a set.

I remember reading in that other aluminum bracket post about moving the later model Dart/Dart sport/Duster bumper closer to the body. I believe the issue is from a filler pc and the "safety" bumper brackets. Is there still some interest in this when those bracket are made?

Let me know if you have any issues with them. I'm still tweaking the fit for early dusters. Thanks again. Jeff.

I'll shoot some picts when I get on it and send them your way. I kind of wish they were a "little" heavier. we'll see how things are ones they're attached.

I remember reading in that other aluminum bracket post about moving the later model Dart/Dart sport/Duster bumper closer to the body. I believe the issue is from a filler pc and the "safety" bumper brackets. Is there still some interest in this when those bracket are made?

YES! No gap would be best. Front and back:blob::prayer:

Talk about a "DUH" moment. I found my argon bottle empty wednesday. It was nearly empty anyway and I figured I left the valve open to long before closing shop. NOPE, after my full bottle went empty I found a crack in the regulator nut. DOH!

I seem to find alot of things to do besides work on the race car.... Mr. Lingenfelter shipped these to me a few weeks ago and I feel a bit guilty about not taking the whopping hour or so to try these out and reply back. First of all... I'm very satisfied with the fitment and I will say.... these are for RACE CARS!! I've had my Unlimited Fiberglass bumper since November, but didn't see the point in mounting it up to steel brackets. I'd looked at the metal bins at the local box stores and kind of had an idea of what I was going to do, but it wouldn't have been this light. Now when I received the box I was wondering if there was anything in it.... did I say these are light?? :). Taking them out of the box they are very fragile, so much so that I did have my doubts, but once they were on the car and the bumper bolted to them, they are rigid enough for my bracket car. Here's some shots from todays install.....

yes.... so light I'll lay them on my hood for a quick pict!

Pretty pleased with the quality of the Unlimited Fiberglass bumper...

The bumper is just held on temporarly with 5/16 bolts. Will have it painted probably after Mopars at The Strip as I also need the hood repaired as I've allowed it to hit the pavement twice now. I'm still learning this fiberglass hood deal!!

I seem to find alot of things to do besides work on the race car.... Mr. Lingenfelter shipped these to me a few weeks ago and I feel a bit guilty about not taking the whopping hour or so to try these out and reply back. First of all... I'm very satisfied with the fitment and I will say.... these are for RACE CARS!! I've had my Unlimited Fiberglass bumper since November, but didn't see the point in mounting it up to steel brackets. I'd looked at the metal bins at the local box stores and kind of had an idea of what I was going to do, but it wouldn't have been this light. Now when I received the box I was wondering if there was anything in it.... did I say these are light?? :). Taking them out of the box they are very fragile, so much so that I did have my doubts, but once they were on the car and the bumper bolted to them, they are rigid enough for my bracket car. Here's some shots from todays install.....

yes.... so light I'll lay them on my hood for a quick pict!

Pretty pleased with the quality of the Unlimited Fiberglass bumper...

The bumper is just held on temporarly with 5/16 bolts. Will have it painted probably after Mopars at The Strip as I also need the hood repaired as I've allowed it to hit the pavement twice now. I'm still learning this fiberglass hood deal!!

Thanks for the positive feedback Jay!, I am uber happy they fit for you and that you like them. I often question if they will fit other cars as they do on my car. Thanks again! Jeff

I am interested in 1 or 2 sets for 67-69 darts. Do you have these available or are they on the back burner?

I have a set but they have not made there way onto the car yet...but they are really nice looking brackets...light too..

-
Back